What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am
Noggin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 am I went for a walk this morning - 180 contrast from yesterday, it's snowing :roll: :roll: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Now considering putting on the heater in my apartment - it's bloody freezing in here too!! (The building heating was turned off a few days ago!) :shock:
No comment ;)
I know I know - but your place is farrrrr too hot for me in general!! :lol: :lol:

Potter wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 am
Noggin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 am I went for a walk this morning - 180 contrast from yesterday, it's snowing :roll: :roll: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Now considering putting on the heater in my apartment - it's bloody freezing in here too!! (The building heating was turned off a few days ago!) :shock:
I wouldn't put the heating on in May out of general principle, I'd put an extra sweater on :lol:
I know - it hurts!! LOL But I sit by a window (no real choice in this place) so there is always a draught.

But instead of heating or wrapping up in a duvet, I have baked (to give away to friends later & tomorrow) so the oven is now cooling but open and I'm stood over a pan cooking crumpets!! LOL :lol: :lol:

Later I'll got out again and then my place will feel warm when I get back!! :banana-dance: :mrgreen:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Bike passed its MOT and the guy even adjusted the clutch for me as he thought it was biting too soon :D

Bought tax for it. £53 for 6 months tax is crazy when my car costs about half that.

Insurance is still valid till 1st June so I’m good to go.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've just been looking at Fort Augutus on Google Maps.

I decided I wanted to see what the Abbey looked like from the road using Streetview.

The yellow streetview man/icon has changed to the Loch Ness Monster!

Seems to do it whenever you're within a mile of the Loch.
cheb

Post by cheb »

It's a lovely little place is Fort Augustus, borderline quaint.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Finished the first week back at work, cor, forgot what working was. Furlough was a dream, I am shattered.

anyway a few sweet treats

ImageMilk chocolate and raspberry by lewis wilson, on Flickr

ImageWild strawberry tart and white chocolate by lewis wilson, on Flickr

CBR650r :mrgreen:
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Potter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 am
weeksy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 am
No idea what one looks like... throw pics up.

What was it like then ?
Typo, it's a 348ts.

It looks and sounds like this (without the dodgy tickover) (fast forward to 20 seconds).
Play it loud.

Most pleasing thing I've ever driven, but it's like a Landrover, shit on paper, but if you love them then nothing else will fill that gap.
It looks dead wee and nesh, like a Toyota MR2. But if you really want one I get you should get one. My motorbike(s) is/are also dead we and nesh - but make me happy. It does sound good although not like I'd expect a Ferrari to sound.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

formula400 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:44 pm Finished the first week back at work, cor, forgot what working was. Furlough was a dream, I am shattered.

Those look amazing Lewis .... i am still amazed that the quiet polite bloke i knew from a bike forum for a few years and i liked his race photography then spent some time chatting to at a trackday is now the head pastry chef at the Ritz ffs .... just wondering how i can hit him up for tickets when i next bring the missus down to London :mrgreen:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Bigyin wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:32 am
formula400 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:44 pm Finished the first week back at work, cor, forgot what working was. Furlough was a dream, I am shattered.

Those look amazing Lewis .... i am still amazed that the quiet polite bloke i knew from a bike forum for a few years and i liked his race photography then spent some time chatting to at a trackday is now the head pastry chef at the Ritz ffs .... just wondering how i can hit him up for tickets when i next bring the missus down to London :mrgreen:

cheers for that, very kind, can't wait to get back to the race track with the camera, been way to long with all that's gone on.
Tickets....easy....... afternoon tea or restaurant, just tell me and ill book a table (as long as there is space) you will walk in and roll out :mrgreen:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Same here, please! :thumbup:

Never done afternoon tea at The Ritz, which I know is unforgivable for an avowed foodie.

What's the diary looking like for booking in the next couple of months? I might try to bring my mum up as she's just had a negative test for bowel cancer, which, given the last few years with bladder cancer keep coming back, is a huge relief for everyone.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Anyhow, today the Gremlinette decided we needed to bond over a pedicure. As somebody with very ticklish feet it was a source of great amusement to everyone in the salon.
Not sure how it happened, but I now have glittery blue toe nails, done in a gel coat which is nigh-on impossible to remove.

Hmmm. :o
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Finally after 3 months replaced the the Downlighter transformer ....and it works !
Watching the Giro highlights -
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bought 3 little goldfish for our half whisky barrel garden feature. Not finished yet. Also, expanding patio, but getting some matching slabs is impossible. 🤬
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

formula400 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:30 pm
cheers for that, very kind, can't wait to get back to the race track with the camera, been way to long with all that's gone on.
Tickets....easy....... afternoon tea or restaurant, just tell me and ill book a table (as long as there is space) you will walk in and roll out :mrgreen:
Thanks, i was actually tongue in cheek about blagging into the afternoon tea, but as its "easy" the missus has some time off in July and we were planning a trip down then ... i'll let you know :thumbup:

:banana-dance:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Had to go to the valley - in the rain, which was snow when I got back!!

Bought a replacement light for the kitchen end of the sitting bit of the apartment. The bulb had gone in the small strip light but I didn't want to keep that, so I've bought a 'strip' of LEDs on a plug.

Now I need to work out if I can take the plug off and wire the cable from the LEDs onto the wire that is currently in the small strip light to swap them over without losing a socket in the kitchen!! :angelic-green:

Pictures and request for info tomorrow!!

Arm and shoulder a bit achy from physio yesterday but in a good way (I think) as he did some work on the area that is very painful when I do certain exercises. Managed to do quite a bit of crochet anyway, so that's good!

Roll on Summer - the cafes and bars will be allowed to serve people outside from Friday, so we do need the sun to make more of an appearance!! :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Beautiful work man. Even a base oik such as myself can admire the art. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
formula400

Post by formula400 »

gremlin wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 pm Same here, please! :thumbup:

Never done afternoon tea at The Ritz, which I know is unforgivable for an avowed foodie.

What's the diary looking like for booking in the next couple of months? I might try to bring my mum up as she's just had a negative test for bowel cancer, which, given the last few years with bladder cancer keep coming back, is a huge relief for everyone.
afternoon tea and Restaurant are both well worth a visit. Afternoon tea is pretty full but a spaces most days, restaurant weekends are full for quite a while but I guess with Covid spaces are becoming available as some people can't make it.

if you do come please let me know.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Bigyin wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:07 pm
formula400 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:30 pm
Thanks, i was actually tongue in cheek about blagging into the afternoon tea, but as its "easy" the missus has some time off in July and we were planning a trip down then ... i'll let you know :thumbup:

:banana-dance:
get a date sorted and treat the wife. you might even get to visit the dungeon :mrgreen:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Skub wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:01 pm
Beautiful work man. Even a base oik such as myself can admire the art. 8-)
Cheers fella, its tough at times but actually quite fun as well :wtf:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Not exactly creative or anything special to most. But this morning I had a full on morning stretch with both arms!!!

Doesn't sound like much. But it's been 3 years and 9 months since the last time I did that. Everytime I've almost had a proper stretch since it's either caused so much pain as to stop the whole thing or I've had to keep my right side totally relaxed and just stretch the left side

I've been grinning and giggling this morning cos damn it felt good to stretch both arms over my head :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: (I was lying down - still an impossibility to get my right arm above 90 degrees standing up!)

Now just waiting on the MotoGP to make this a seriously good Sunday!!! :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Left the house about 7.30am to enjoy the empty roads. I was 40 miles riding before I encountered another vehicle on my side of the road.

It was dry.

It was wet.

It was damp.

It was misty.

It was cold.

But at least I didn't have to share it. :lol:

The Michelin Power 5s are brilliant in all conditions.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955