Etype Jag ? Morgan ? Audi Quattro ?
A 348
911 Turbo

The rest are classics.
Tricky

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Tricky »

Yambo wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:07 am
Potter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am Breakfast at the yacht club, then went and test drove a Ferrari that I fancy, it's a 248TS, not great on reputation as they go, but I drooled over one as a yoof and always said "One day" so it's on my bucket list.

You're getting on a bit. Were you OK getting in and out? :lol:
The man has a good point, you're a masochist if you buy a 328 or 348 but good on ya, why not eh :thumbup:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Tricky wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:05 pm
The man has a good point, you're a masochist if you buy a 328 or 348 but good on ya, why not eh :thumbup:
I didn't notice it, but thinking about it I'd say it's considerably easier to get in and out of than a Lotus.
Not very convenient as a daily driver though, the speed bumps presented some issues for that low front.

I'm not sure what to do, I'd like one but maybe it makes more sense in the UK, I could stick it in the garage and put <500 miles on it a year and watch it appreciate in value.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm could stick it in the garage and put <500 miles on it a year and watch it appreciate in value.
Why? What's the point?
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Got the bike out the shed, gave it a clean and checked everything is working.

Booked it in for its MOT tomorrow morning.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:28 pm
Potter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm could stick it in the garage and put <500 miles on it a year and watch it appreciate in value.
Why? What's the point?
I'd get to enjoy it for the couple of weeks a year I'm there and it's an appreciating asset, sitting there waiting to be cashed in one day.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:58 pm
Why? What's the point?
I'd get to enjoy it for the couple of weeks a year I'm there and it's an appreciating asset, sitting there waiting to be cashed in one day.
You've got pensions, savings, houses.... i'm bemused why you'd need to cash it in... but hey, it's your discussion :)
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

weeksy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:08 pm
Potter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Why? What's the point?
You've got pensions, savings, houses.... i'm bemused why you'd need to cash it in... but hey, it's your discussion :)
Because he likes the way that makes him feel. .. :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

cheb wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:08 pm Sat through possibly the dullest training I've ever sat through. How to complete a vehicle walk round check app. I think they explained how to fill in each one of the 39 separate checks that are on the app, and each one is completed in exactly the same way.

Then there was the Accident app. I was stunned by the difficulty of this one, who knew that in the section for Drivers* details, you entered the driver's details? That's their name. :angry-cussingblack:

I think I died of boredom at one point. And I hate to think how much the taxpayer has splashed out on this.

*sic, There was no apostrophe.
Just the one day or do you have the rest of the mindnumbingly-boring-deathbypowerpoint of a CPC course to come??!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
cheb

Post by cheb »

This was the annual CPC refresher course. Delivered to a company Ipad with terrible sound quality.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

cheb wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:11 pm This was the annual CPC refresher course. Delivered to a company Ipad with terrible sound quality.
Nasty. I suspect I'll have to do my refresher here - once I have my Fronch driving licence!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've had a fab day. Mainly because the sun was shining! Drove to the valley for an appointment late morning then sat in the sun for a while doing some french homework ready for class tonight. Then had physio, then home for french online class

The difference a bit of sun makes is blooming awesome. I don't sun worship cos my skin thinks I'm ginger. But I do love sitting out in it for a bit, then in the shade for a bit more!! :D :D :D Really should have bought an apartment with a balcony! :lol: :lol:
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've just delisted all my Ebay items, not because of Ebay but that I can't find a decent carrier. The local company that all the main carriers subcontract to are taking over a week to bother collecting anything parcels I book. I can do without the hassle of placating justifiably irritated customers.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Dropped $170 at Costco, picked up an 8 pk of 1.5in thick pork chops... & two more bags of peanuts (10lb) for the squirrels, plus the usual stuff. :)

It's only been two weeks since I was last there & it appears beef had pretty much double in price... :thumbdown: Hyper-inflation by Christmas... :shock:
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:08 pm
I think you've made some wrong assumptions there fella, I'm not rich (or stupid) enough to spunk fifty grand plus on a car without a thought to whether I'll get any of it back in a year or two when the moment has passed and I want to sell it.

This is a toy, not a lifelong commitment.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Potter wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:26 am
I think you've made some wrong assumptions there fella, I'm not rich (or stupid) enough to spunk fifty grand plus on a car without a thought to whether I'll get any of it back in a year or two when the moment has passed and I want to sell it.

This is a toy, not a lifelong commitment.
I think, as long as you buy a late, good one, you should at least get your initial investment back at sale time (which is more than you can say for most cars). Factor in running and service costs though and it could still cost a bit. That said, it still should be a cheap toy for a few years.
Potter

Post by Potter »

wheelnut wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:45 am
I think, as long as you buy a late, good one, you should at least get your initial investment back at sale time (which is more than you can say for most cars). Factor in running and service costs though and it could still cost a bit. That said, it still should be a cheap toy for a few years.
Current philosophy is on average £5-6k a year on maintenance, as long as nothing horrible happens.
But they're going up by that much, so buy and sell well and you get it for free.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went for a walk this morning - 180 contrast from yesterday, it's snowing :roll: :roll: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Now considering putting on the heater in my apartment - it's bloody freezing in here too!! (The building heating was turned off a few days ago!) :shock:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 am I went for a walk this morning - 180 contrast from yesterday, it's snowing :roll: :roll: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Now considering putting on the heater in my apartment - it's bloody freezing in here too!! (The building heating was turned off a few days ago!) :shock:
No comment ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Noggin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:27 am I went for a walk this morning - 180 contrast from yesterday, it's snowing :roll: :roll: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I wouldn't put the heating on in May out of general principle, I'd put an extra sweater on :lol: