A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: A right now thread

Post by Taipan »

A tribute to Freddie Mercury popped up on my FB feed today. Shocked to see it was 29 years ago he died!
formula400

Post by formula400 »

waiting for a lady to come and view our house.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Taipan wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:14 am A tribute to Freddie Mercury popped up on my FB feed today. Shocked to see it was 29 years ago he died!
Your idea of 'right now' is pretty flexible.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Back from having my right eye lasered. Feels all weird and glad I did not drive as lights make it flare badly. Felt like someone sticking a pin in my eye when they fired the laser. Odd feeling. Train journey home was okay, trains were very quiet. At least I can still see!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Eating a bacon and egg bap before I go and swap the wheels on the car for the winter ones.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Girlfriend just finished putting up my Xmas tree?!?!
I, on the other hand, sat looking at bikes while cooking us bacon and egg sarnies. I know my skill level and it ain’t putting up Xmas trees!
Nights later.
Mick
formula400

Post by formula400 »

having breakfast and getting ready to go for a 50 odd mile peddle to Windsor :mrgreen:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

formula400 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:30 am having breakfast and getting ready to go for a 50 odd mile peddle to Windsor :mrgreen:
What are you selling ?

;)

enjoy the pedal :D
formula400

Post by formula400 »

weeksy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:31 am
formula400 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:30 am having breakfast and getting ready to go for a 50 odd mile peddle to Windsor :mrgreen:
What are you selling ?

;)

enjoy the pedal :D
😬😬😬😬😬
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

So we picked up Zoe the rescue pup on Saturday evening. She was quite nervous but went into the cage okay and was quiet for the hours drive home. However after 30 hours in a cage on a lorry and a couple of night in a kennel she was quite stinky. It was lashing down and we had the whole family in the car with the heater on, by the time we got home it was absolutely certain she was having a bath. :shock:

Clean, but still some urine staining on her tail and hind legs so she'll be getting another wash with fox poo shampoo later in the week.

She's taken to the new environment quite well, took to her bed(s) straight away and is happy and content with the kids. No crying or whimpering overnight, she woke up at midnight when a poster fell off the wall and then again at 3:00 to take a piss but I've been asleep on the sofa so we'll see what happens later in the week when I stop this. She met the cat, didn't seem fussed and was more interested in the cat food bowl. The cat was like "WTF" though and just trotted back upstairs for a nap.

9/10 indoor toilet incidents have been on target on the training mats. She went out in the garden Sunday morning, had a crap and loved running about so much we struggled to get her back in.

Last night again passed without any fuss, but I slept through the two times she got up for the toilet. At 5:30 I woke to let her out, cleared up the training matt but then stepped barefoot in the second puddle...

This morning she was left alone for 40 minutes while I did the school run and there was no barking or whining when I arrived back. She's now curled up asleep with me in the summer house while I work.

She is unsure of the lead and just goes flat on the floor when it's clipped onto her collar, we're getting her fitted for a Julius K9 harness this weekend in preparation for training classes next month. Basic recall with treats seems is proving positive and she getting less timid as the hours pass. We're setting our expectations by the 3/3/3 guidelines but we're happy and she's happy which is the most important thing.

:thumbup:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

We had a Julius for our lab but were advised against it due to lack of movement in back when wearing it and the lead being clipped to where he could exert the greatest pulling force. We use a Halti style head collar when walking him and an EZY harness when he’s off the lead as it is easy to grab and clip onto than messing with the head collar.

Mate has a border collie and he swears by his Julius. YMMV

Lovely looking pup by the way :thumbup:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Right, morning shift briefing, check.
Rosters for the week done, check.
Vehicle checked, check.
Off to Greggs for a sausage & bacon and a Cappuccino, check.
Have a good day all.
Mick.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I'm getting a free car wash :)

Or more accurately a proper monsoon outside. With thunder and lightning which is rare here.

It's still 19c outside, but f*** that if I'm going out :mrgreen: Got a fleece on looking out :)

When it stops we'll nip out in the car to see all the new rivers and streams that rise up from nothing.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Watching an online open evening for a school in Croydon my daughter is interested in attending, I'm so grateful for lockdown meaning we haven't had to go there in person.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Just chilling outside having a beer and reading a book...

Horse

Post by Horse »

When it says 'Cope with ... ', are you learning how to adapt to someone else's?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Listening to my wife's zoom meeting. She is a teachers assistant and works in year 1 and they have a daily meeting with the kids. It only lasts about 15 minutes and is just to say hello to each other and talk briefly about one subject e.g. today's topic was favourite colour. I think I'll get up every day to listen to it. Funny as...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:05 am Listening to my wife's zoom meeting. She is a teachers assistant and works in year 1 and they have a daily meeting with the kids. It only lasts about 15 minutes and is just to say hello to each other and talk briefly about one subject e.g. today's topic was favourite colour. I think I'll get up every day to listen to it. Funny as...
Walk past in the background, in the buff :mrgreen:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:07 am
Taipan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:05 am today's topic was favourite colour. I think I'll get up every day to listen to it. Funny as...
'Pink, wrinkled and shrivelled' isn't a colour. HTH ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:07 am
Taipan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:05 am Listening to my wife's zoom meeting. She is a teachers assistant and works in year 1 and they have a daily meeting with the kids. It only lasts about 15 minutes and is just to say hello to each other and talk briefly about one subject e.g. today's topic was favourite colour. I think I'll get up every day to listen to it. Funny as...
In front of 5-6 year olds! :wtf:

Don't try and blow my cover Yoz, i'm fucking warning you...

:lol: