A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
lostboy

Re: A right now thread

Post by lostboy »

weeksy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:00 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:50 pm
weeksy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 pm

I'm not sure if I'd miss 'seasons' and stuff, but sitting with a beer sounds nice of an evening. Whether I could do your lifestyle and in particular high temps all day every day, I dunno.

I wouldn't mind trying a year though to see.
It's around 30c most days in summer. We get used to it and really pleasant. Always a breeze so no problems. Warm evenings are ace. Drops to 24c overnight so no sleep problems.

Winter can guarantee 20 every day.

Rarely too hot. Never too cold.
We've been over several times, usually on the south west by the lighthouse. Also once by the marina.

This lighthouse?! Should have been there this weekend but not going whilst I have quarantine on the way back. Our friends are there house hunting and won't be coming back - they've already arranged all the stuff they need to do. We'll be back out there again soon, surfboard and bike in the luggage as usual, so that we can leave it in "our" new garage and begin our own house hunt.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nice one LB. I must admit to having had a little look last night on Rightmove. Hard to pick your way through all the resort stuff in Playa Blanca etc to get to the stuff a little more outside of them areas. Whilst i'd like to be walking distance to the nearest bar, i'm thinking more 10-15 mins than 20'.

When we stayed last time we were right on the edge of the boundary of the estate along from the lighthouse, i guess closer to ElGolfo, which is the sort of area i'd consider. Whether or not i could talk the wife into it in the next 10 years, i don't know. A lot can (and will) happen between now and then.

Pechiguera lighthouse
Faro de Punta Pechiguera
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

lostboy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Our friends are there house hunting and won't be coming back - they've already arranged all the stuff they need to do.
If they need any help or advice, feel free to point them towards me.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Yorick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:19 pm
lostboy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Our friends are there house hunting and won't be coming back - they've already arranged all the stuff they need to do.
If they need any help or advice, feel free to point them towards me.
Appreciate the offer, thank you!
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:14 pm Nice one LB. I must admit to having had a little look last night on Rightmove. Hard to pick your way through all the resort stuff in Playa Blanca etc to get to the stuff a little more outside of them areas. Whilst i'd like to be walking distance to the nearest bar, i'm thinking more 10-15 mins than 20'.

When we stayed last time we were right on the edge of the boundary of the estate along from the lighthouse, i guess closer to ElGolfo, which is the sort of area i'd consider. Whether or not i could talk the wife into it in the next 10 years, i don't know. A lot can (and will) happen between now and then.

Pechiguera lighthouse
Faro de Punta Pechiguera
Not interested in the resort stuff at all. That photo was taken from a villa on the slopes of Montana Roja looking down at Faro and the lighthouse. It's the sort of bit we're interested in for similar reasons to you.

I love getting up to Famara for the surf and riding out from PB up through Yaiza/Uga and then into the Park. Especially as it's all downhill/downwind on the way home.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:14 pm Nice one LB. I must admit to having had a little look last night on Rightmove. Hard to pick your way through all the resort stuff in Playa Blanca etc to get to the stuff a little more outside of them areas. Whilst i'd like to be walking distance to the nearest bar, i'm thinking more 10-15 mins than 20'.

Pechiguera lighthouse
Faro de Punta Pechiguera
We're 10 mins walk from edge of town down a dirt path. 15 mins to the square where the life is.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Right now, the temperature in my kitchen (pretty much the coolest room in the house) has gone below 30°C for the first time in nearly 3 months. I like the heat but the humidity has been higher this year (or so it seems) and the extended high temps and humidity are getting a bit tedious now. Up until today September has seen much the same temps as July which is all a bit WTFIGO!

I hope this is the beginning of cooler days so I can get back to regular exercise and having the energy to get some work done on my boat. Fingers crossed.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Pechiguera lighthouse
Faro de Punta Pechiguera
We're 10 mins walk from edge of town down a dirt path. 15 mins to the square where the life is.

And 45 minutes on the way home... :D
cheb

Post by cheb »

It takes me 10 minutes to walk to my nearest pub and about 45 minutes to get home.

The difference is staggering.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:37 am
Yorick wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Pechiguera lighthouse
Faro de Punta Pechiguera

And 45 minutes on the way home... :D
Taxi when I'm a bit pissed ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Waiting for a plumber who should have been here at 4! 🙄
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:32 pm Waiting for a plumber who should have been here at 4! 🙄
He finally returns my calls saying sorry he is running late but will only be 15 minutes or do. Then adds unfortunately he doesn’t have the taps so will have to come back tomorrow to do these. It’s a 50 mile round trip for me FFS! 😩
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Trying to find some clothing in my wardrobe that contains no metal :wtf: this is not something I've ever needed to give any thought, and it's surprisingly difficult.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:10 am Trying to find some clothing in my wardrobe that contains no metal :wtf: this is not something I've ever needed to give any thought, and it's surprisingly difficult.
Are you going to see Magneto?
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:17 am
MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:10 am Trying to find some clothing in my wardrobe that contains no metal :wtf: this is not something I've ever needed to give any thought, and it's surprisingly difficult.
Are you going to see Magneto?
Yup
Horse

Post by Horse »

Start a new thread, there's probably a few hair shirts that people wouldn't mind you using :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Just found out I won an online raffle I entered to help out a doggie charity.

I just need to pick which colour of these I want:

Tigs

Post by Tigs »

Looking for a motorbike - and debating whether I should hold my horses! (Pass the CBT.. first maybe..)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tigs wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:43 pm Looking for a motorbike - and debating whether I should hold my horses! (Pass the CBT.. first maybe..)
LOL nah, that's not how we do it... I bought my ZXR400 way before doing my CBT.
Tigs

Post by Tigs »

ahhh but right now i can't get a big bike- as the mod 1 and 2 tests are hard to come by.. so will i regret getting a 125 for a short stint?

ETA - I'm really impatient.. and want a bike ..