Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Could be a manufacturing defect in the clamp, rather than the bolts. Right bolts but holes are duff.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:28 pm Could be a manufacturing defect in the clamp, rather than the bolts. Right bolts but holes are duff.
I'd tend towards that view as well. If you can be bothered and have a set of vernier calipers, measure the depth of the thread hole on each side. I suspect the RH yoke thread had not been drilled and tapped to the same depth as the LH one. Or drilled off centre, perhaps?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:45 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:28 pm Could be a manufacturing defect in the clamp, rather than the bolts. Right bolts but holes are duff.
I'd tend towards that view as well. If you can be bothered and have a set of vernier calipers, measure the depth of the thread hole on each side. I suspect the RH yoke thread had not been drilled and tapped to the same depth as the LH one. Or drilled off centre, perhaps?
The bolts are OK. The hole not deep enough.
Skub

Post by Skub »

It's a Friday Suzook. I'll take it off your hands for a bad price and you can buy a better one.

Call it a favour. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Skub wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:57 pm It's a Friday Suzook. I'll take it off your hands for a bad price and you can buy a Honda.

EFA
Skub

Post by Skub »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:03 pm
Skub wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:57 pm It's a Friday Suzook. I'll take it off your hands for a bad price and you can buy a Honda.

EFA
Needz hormone therapy first. Like poor cheesy with his failing testosterone. :(
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Stig wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:00 am
Potter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 am
weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:22 pm

Thanks for the info, not a thread I ever visited much.

My point about reporting posts still stands
This has been done to death, Nidge made comments that I took as a direct threat to take something into real life. I reported it, I even left the forum because of it (Weeksy I explained this to you a long time back in PMs). Maybe it wasn't serious, he might not have meant much by it, he might not even remember the original threat if it wasn't actually meant seriously, it was a few years ago now on TRC, but whenever he started along the same theme, even if it was a few years later, it got under my skin, so in the end I just called him on it.

It all originally started when some of us had malicious emails sent to our employers and there were incidents like (for example) Ants actual address being circulated to cause him misery - just like on VD when someone turned up to Stig's house to beat him up and had to be taken away by the police. This is the type of undercurrent that was going on, addresses being sent out, employers contacted, etc.

So I don't see the glasshouses/stones comparison, this wasn't about people ganging up to bully someone off a forum, this was two blokes arguing over direct threats that went off the forum and into real life - and we both flounced because of it.
twpd turned up at mine after I had taken enough shit for his antics as victor meldrew, nothing happened but police were involved. We sorted differences out just before he died

Ben used to share IP and other personal dsta to other folk which allowed some of the strange emails to employers
Heh, didn't realise other people back then got doxxed too. (Somebody who will remain nameless took offence at Muz and started trying to get him into bother at work, back in the day. :wtf: It didn't work.)
Horse

Post by Horse »

Sunny wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:17 pm
Heh, didn't realise other people back then got doxxed too. (Somebody who will remain nameless took offence at Muz and started trying to get him into bother at work, back in the day. :wtf: )
Someone, can't remember who, did something similar with Byker28i too.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Stig wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:00 am Ben used to share IP and other personal dsta to other folk which allowed some of the strange emails to employers
Heh, didn't realise other people back then got doxxed too. (Somebody who will remain nameless took offence at Muz and started trying to get him into bother at work, back in the day. :wtf: It didn't work.)
Might not have been Ben actively doing the sharing of data. One of the Mods said something to me that made it clear he had access to stuff like names/email addresses etc. (The Mods on here don't - so if anyone is called Quentin Ponsonby-Smythe and is using their @statelyhome.com email address, we don't know :D ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:47 am
Stig wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:00 am Ben used to share IP and other personal dsta to other folk which allowed some of the strange emails to employers
Might not have been Ben actively doing the sharing of data. One of the Mods said something to me that made it clear he had access to stuff like names/email addresses etc. (The Mods on here don't - so if anyone is called Quentin Ponsonby-Smythe and is using their @statelyhome.com email address, we don't know :D ).
OI! You told me my details were private! You bounder!
non quod, sed quomodo
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:47 am Might not have been Ben actively doing the sharing of data. One of the Mods said something to me that made it clear he had access to stuff like names/email addresses etc. (The Mods on here don't - so if anyone is called Quentin Ponsonby-Smythe and is using their @statelyhome.com email address, we don't know :D ).
I don't think it was in Muz's case, he didn't hide what he did for a living, so was pretty easy to track down!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Borrowing a vehicle to go to the valley to get proper winter boots -

1 - it's been sodding raining instead of snowing all day

2 - the shop I was recommended to didn't have any boots I even close to liked

3 - I forgot to buy bastarding laces for the summer walking boots!!!

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Bit of a trip towards the west today, down to Falmouth. Fuck me, but Cornwall is buggered in summer with emmets, and fucked in winter with road works.

A39, main road to Falmouth. Quite a bit of water coming up from a manhole, covering half the road in about 1-2 inches. Worth a warning sign at least, although lots of roads have worse with none. What do we get, traffic lights, a zillion cones, a single work van parked in the 100 yards coned off strech and a mile- long queue in each direction.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

You shoulda seen it at 8.30 this morning - took me an hour to get to Churra on the bike instead of the usual 20 mins. (Yes, I know - 1st world problems etc.) - and it’s been like that for days. In its defence, it was a horrible big pothole in a very awkward place.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Going back I tried the Penryn-Redruth road and on via Chacewater. Big mistake, that road has it's own roadworks too, with lights obviously. And Chacewater was it's usual self, full of parked cars. Fcuk me, I can remember when it was the main road on the way to work, and instead of a 20 limit they tried hard to slow us down to 40.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Old mate of mine is getting married in Falmouth next year (his Mrs is a local).

I'm 50/50 on going. I kinda feel like the local Mrs gives me a free pass to not be considered an emmet for this visit, but fuck me it's a long way! Realistically a whole day's travel with a child in tow.

Might just fly to NY instead, it'd be easier. :D
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:43 pm Old mate of mine is getting married in Falmouth next year (his Mrs is a local).

I'm 50/50 on going. I kinda feel like the local Mrs gives me a free pass to not be considered an emmet for this visit, but fuck me it's a long way! Realistically a whole day's travel with a child in tow.

And a whole lot more fun. Basically Falmouth is disappearing down the same plughole that swallowed St Austell. It survives now on tourist tat shops when tourists go home the shops are shut too. Same goes for cafes and restaurants, we went to get lunch at a place Mrs CJ has had her eye on for a while. Looked it up in t'internet, open. Oh no it wasn't!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:43 pm Old mate of mine is getting married in Falmouth next year (his Mrs is a local).

Is it in tourist season?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Late October :lol:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:01 pm Late October :lol:
A long drive instead of a long crawl, venues must be really cheap that time of year.