3 day's in Scotland.

Anything to do with being out and about, whether on your own or looking to arrange trips and adventures with forum members
Dodgy69

3 day's in Scotland.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Time for a trip . 3 nights.
Day 1...is getting up there, staying in hotel in Drymen, east of Loch Lomond.
Day 2...hotel in Oban so I've come up with, i think, a pretty scenic route, including the Duke's Pass that I've been meaning to do for a while. If anyone's got any suggestions on route, I'm all ears.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/The+Win ... m1!2b1!3e0

Day 3... is Oban to Ayr. Suggestions welcome.

Was gonna go up to Invergarry and the 87 to Skye, but hotels are few and far between and cost a bomb. Last years Autumn trip was cancelled due to shit weather coming in, so hope we get this done. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Mr Moofo

Re: 3 day's in Scotland.

Post by Mr Moofo »

It rains
A lot
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Do the east coast up from Ayr and the ferry from gourock to Dunoon rather than through Glasgow.

If you’re up glencoe way after Oban then do the B863 from glencoe to ballachullish though kinlochleven.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Got to do Glen Coe, hum the James Bond theme while you're doing it.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Mr Moofo wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:16 pm It rains
A lot
When it isn't raining it's drizzling
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

wheelnut wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:53 pm Do the east coast up from Ayr and the ferry from gourock to Dunoon rather than through Glasgow.

If you’re up glencoe way after Oban then do the B863 from glencoe to ballachullish though kinlochleven.

I have stayed at McDonald's pods in Kinlochleven a few years back, yes a great road. What I remember most is 2 bloody great deers galloping across the road yards in front of me. Good weather aswel. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Druid

Post by Druid »

Go up the west side of Loch Lomond as far as Tarbet them take the A83 to Inverary. Turn right on the A819 to pick up the A85 west of Tyndrum, this is one of my favourite Scottish roads. Then loop up through Glencoe and back down to Oban.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/The+Win ... FQAw%3D%3D

From Oban the A816 south to Lochgilphead and the A83 back up to Inverary is good fun, then retrace the route to Tarbet
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Back home after 900 miles of joy, well maybe not the motorway. Dry ride up Friday to Drymen and dry ride home from Ayr today, Saturday and Sunday showers but great roads and all new to me almost.

From Aberfoyle it was up the Duke's Pass and the Trossachs,bit misty and on to Callander for a full Scottish in a great cafe on the main street. A great little loop turning right at Lochearnhead and the a85. Left up the a822 , a826 and a827 via Kenmore. Fantastic roads and on to Oban.

Sunday was south from Oban on the a816, down to Lochgilphead for a full Scottish. Up the 83 and on to Arrochar, turning down the a814, all fantastic. Passed Faslane and Helensburgh, over the Erskine bridge, following the coast to Greenock, Gourock and on to Ayr. Largs looked a nice place to stay i thought.

More beers and food in Ayr and home via the 713 and motorway at Gretna. A fantastic route, highly recommended. Took some pic's but as usual, you ride passed the best view's without chance to stop. 👍

Yamaha rocket 3