Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Bigyin

Re: Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:41 pm They're not about crash protection. They're fixing one very specific issue, they only need to cover that.

I think the Tracer ones will be fine. But until we get useful pics and confirmation from each organiser, it's impossible to say
I, more than a few, am well aware they are not about crash protection and all about collision onto a brake lever as it was something i had to deal with, recognise and report back in incident reports during accidents back in the day hence why i think Dodgy's are fine and mine are debatable ;)

Photos wont answer all the questions as the ones on some of the other Yamaha's are like flexi plastic and will bend on any contact, the ones on the Ducati incorporate the indicators so will be stiffer and offer more resistance to flex. I'll happily send NL some pics if they want them but they dont show how strong the plastic is, if you get my drift but its up to them at the end of the day
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 pm I'll happily send NL some pics if they want them but they dont show how strong the plastic is, if you get my drift but its up to them at the end of the day
I just don't want either/any of you lade turning up and being told 'no' and having no other options. My bikes have the correct bits, so i know i'm covered, i'm thinking of you lot really.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:14 am
Bigyin wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 pm I'll happily send NL some pics if they want them but they dont show how strong the plastic is, if you get my drift but its up to them at the end of the day
I just don't want either/any of you lade turning up and being told 'no' and having no other options. My bikes have the correct bits, so i know i'm covered, i'm thinking of you lot really.
Agree that it's far better t be prepared and completely sure, but I don't reckon it'll be a problem if people do turn up with non-compliant ones and it will be like Db killers- there is always some there selling them , including in this case, the TDO
Horse

Post by Horse »

SSR Suspension wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:26 pmFocussed events put one up thr other day, they are running their trackday in Spain in April.

The caveat however, it is only for ACU approved ELITE sportspeople, this interests me as there are not that many who would be classed as Elite as your talking BSB, UKMX level riders and not club racers. The ACU have recently changed their guidelines and made it harder to leave the UK for foreign training/events.
Does ELITE = professional? If so, might that fall under 'travel for business' exemption?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

It's quite common with both motorbikes and MTB at the moment.

Someone running at BSB ss300 is allowed to fly using elite sportsperson. Plenty of MTB guys using it too along with riding in larger groups of mates to create sponsor content.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bit of smiley fun

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... know/58783

The Government has announced the new measures to ease lockdown across the country which will take place between 15 March and 3 May.
The process is to be “gradual” and will be subject to biweekly assessments based on the risk of Covid-19.

While some businesses and education will slowly open, Prime Minister António Costa made it very clear that the Portuguese people will need to stay in their homes under general lockdown until Easter.

The reopening measures will be reviewed whenever Portugal exceeds “120 new cases [of infection] per day per 100 thousand inhabitants in 14 days” or whenever the transmissibility index (Rt) of the SARS-CoV-2 virus exceeds the 1.

This plan for the country's easing of lockdown was presented on the day that the President of the Republic, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, decreed, for the thirteenth time, the renewal of the state of emergency for another fifteen days, until 31 March.

Here is what you need to know about the new easing of lockdown measures:

What reopens on 15 March

On this date, daycare centres, pre-school education and primary schools reopen, as well as tutoring activities (ATL) for the same ages.

Trade at the door is authorised and hairdressers, manicurists and similar establishments can reopen, as well as bookstores, car trade, real estate mediation, libraries and archives.

What reopens on 5 April

In this second phase, students from the second and third cycles return to face-to-face education, tutoring activities (ATL) for the same ages and social facilities in the area of disability.

On this date, museums, monuments, palaces and art galleries and shops with an area of up to 200 square meters and with a door to the street also reopen.

It is also expected that the fairs and non-food markets will start up again, this decision will be made however at a municipal level.

Terraces can be frequented again up to four people, low-risk sports can be practiced and physical activity outdoors is allowed in groups of up to four people. The gyms reopen, but without group classes.

What reopens on 19 AprilThe plan foresees, on this date, the reopening of secondary schools and universities.

In the area of culture, the reopening of cinemas, theatres, auditoriums and concert halls is planned.

Citizen stores will reopen again with face-to-face services by appointment, as well as all shops and shopping centres.

In the restaurant area, the opening of restaurants and cafes is authorised, but with a maximum capacity of four people inside at a table or six people on terraces and with opening hours until 22:00 hours during the week and until 13:00 during weekends.

Physical activity is again allowed outdoors in a group of up to six people, as well as medium-risk sports.

The plan also foresees that outdoor events can be held with reduced capacity and weddings and baptisms with the restriction of 25 percent of the capacity of the spaces.

What reopens on 3 May

The plan indicates that, from 3 May, restaurants, cafes and pastry shops can operate without a time limit, but with a capacity limited to a maximum of six people at a table inside or 10 on the terrace.

In addition, all sports, outdoor sports and gyms have no restrictions again.

From this date onwards, large outdoor and indoor events with reduced capacity are allowed again and weddings and baptisms can be held with 50 percent of capacity.

Prohibition of movement between municipalities

Circulation between municipalities in mainland Portugal will be prohibited over the weekend of 20 and 21 March and during the Easter period, between 26 March and 5 April.

This measure intends to “guarantee that Easter is not a time for travelling and meeting, but, on the contrary, another moment of lockdown”, justified the Prime Minister.

General duty of lockdown until Easter

The general duty of confinement will continue until Easter, with António Costa considering that this is one of the "general rules" that must be maintained in the coming weeks, meaning that people should stay at home whenever possible.

The prime minister stated that the general lockdown will be reassessed after Easter, recalling that it can only exist when there is a state of emergency.

"In the absence of a state of emergency, we adopted another figure, which we call the civic duty of recollection," he said.

Border with Spain closed until Easter

The Prime Minister said that despite the pandemic levels in Portugal and Spain allowing the border to reopen, it will remain closed until Easter.

Tests in schools

The new coronavirus screening test programme in schools will monitor the reopening of the different levels of education, in order to detect possible cases of Covid-19.

Nursery children, as well as pre-school and primary school students, return to schools on the 15th, and the laboratory screening programme for SARS-Cov-2 provides for tests to be carried out at the beginning of school.

Working from home

The government's plan to control the pandemic points states that remote work should continue as part of the general rules of lockdown.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2021/C ... son+opener

MotorLand Aragon will now host the opening Round of the 2021 calendar from the 21st to the 23rd of May, due to the postponement of the Estoril Round, initially scheduled to be held from the 7th to 9th of May.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

NEither of which are painting a full picture as they're still 3 weeks before our trip. But i can't help thinking it's not looking the best :(
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

No limits response to handgaurds this morning. I also mentioned single fixing point ones ( not bar end ) and again should be fine but send photo to make sure.

Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

so basically.... they want pics :D
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I might get some gaurds anyway, haven't bought owt for a while. 😆👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Almost forgot, I also asked about handgaurds with one fixing point, open between bar end and lever, reply was, they'll be OK aswel but send pics if you want.

So in conclusion , I reckon the TDO don't really give a damn for trackdays.
Yamaha rocket 3
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Our plans have changed :)

We're still getting ferry over May 23rd. The plan was to meet up with the lads after the trackday as they arrive in Spain on the 31st.

But now they need to sail the week after. Sooooooo, we've decided to have a 2 week holiday even if Portimao is cancelled. We can head east and do Jerez, Cartagena or Almeria, or all 3 :)

Then we meet the lads in Cadiz on June 7th and Pen sails home on the 8th :)

Now no more uncertainty for me :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I thought the border between Spain and Portugal was closed currently, I'd there a defined date for it opening?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:48 pm I thought the border between Spain and Portugal was closed currently, I'd there a defined date for it opening?
No idea, that's why we made the new plans. We don't need to go to Portugal.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:54 pm
weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:48 pm I thought the border between Spain and Portugal was closed currently, I'd there a defined date for it opening?
No idea, that's why we made the new plans. We don't need to go to Portugal.
Ah sorry, missed that bit.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Portugal coming off the ban list.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56408556
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:47 pm Portugal coming off the ban list.
Interesting .... so no more hotel quarantine on return for Portugal, just 10 days at home under current measures but might not be necessary after a jab ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm
Skub wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:47 pm Portugal coming off the ban list.
Interesting .... so no more hotel quarantine on return for Portugal, just 10 days at home under current measures but might not be necessary after a jab ?
I'm hoping it's not 10 days at home as that'd be a deal breaker for us. We could manage 5, but 10 would be a no go.

It's still not fully clear on the testing rules, especially for kids too. Both outbound and on return. That could still get very salty as it's £220*3 and £80-100*3 if it stays as currently set. That's £900 on the trip for us and I'm going to struggle to justify it.

It's all very much an unknown at this stage