Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Post by weeksy »

https://eurotracks.nolimitstrackdays.co ... =0&pbinf=0

This has been in potential discussion for a while now but it really gained some legs with chats at Pembrey on the curry evening.

It's my 50th birthday next year and something of an 'event' was desired.

The track was picked because, well, in simple terms it's just astounding. It's all of the best bits of the best tracks you've ever ridden.... or if you're Bigyin, it's nothing like Pembrey :)

The hotel being picked is the Jupiter, it's 15-20 mins from track in town, but right on the beach front, bars, restaurants etc, it's got a pool and sauna etc. Most will stay the night after (£30-40 extra) to save going straight from the track to airport and make a night of it then fly home the day after. Me and the family will be staying 3-4 days extra.

Included is
Track time * 3 days
Hotel 3 night
Bike transportation

What you'll need is
Car Hire
Flights
Beer/food/fuel
Repatriation/Insurance

Tyres will last all of us at our speed 3 days easy, but i'd be taking decent/newish stuff to ensure that, personally we'll be taking brand new rubber on both bikes to start day 1.

Bikes go usually the weekend before and come back the weekend after, so you'll be without your bike for 2 weeks or so. Drop-off is Swindon, but you can book other locations too. You'll get all your spares etc in there along with tyres, stands, foldy chairs etc.

Fuel is sorted at the track, it's not cheap but no worse than your average circuit.

I'm currently just waiting for a chat back from NL regarding sleeping stuff for my boy, but we'll be paying our deposit in the next 48 hours.

There's 1 important point though here, when it's full, it's full.... So personally if you want to go, i'd be putting the deposit down sooner rather than later. I know a few from RTTL will be booking, along with a couple of other mates who don't do the forum much.

Mostly we'll be booking Inters, but a few in Fast too...

3 days of track fun, 3 -4 nights of beer fun, what's not to like :)

So if you want in.... press the button on the website and get it done.
2xtwins

Re: Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Post by 2xtwins »

Booked... can't wait. Sounds like it's gonna be a good craic.

Kev
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Yup in, one extra day in hotel too. Thinking the enfiled may need a full fairing for the long straight but we'll see
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I'm booked too, also staying at the Jupiter , and also booked the night after , so 4 nights, going to be a good one this! :thumbup:

And on a sort of related note, today I also picked up my new (to me) bike, that will be coming with me on this trip,after a few go-faster mods over the next few months and a successful shake-down UK trackday or two as early as I dare in the new year- separate new bike thread will follow over next day or two when I have more time, but in short, she's a beaut 8-)
it's perhaps not a popular choice for somewhere like Portimao or as a trackbike in general for most people I guess, but by the time we get to May it will definitely be lighter, more powerful , better suspended and brake better than it does now, and that will be satisfying - whatever, I predict that I'm going to have a lot of fun with this bike
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm still waiting on NL to confirm our accommodation details as we're staying 7 nights. But I'm in no great hurry to sort that.

New rubber for mine bought today, so it's ready now.

Zx6 needs a new rear to take on stillage for day 2 or 3 depending on how many days the wife does pre Portimao
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Tricky wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:27 pm I'm booked too, also staying at the Jupiter , and also booked the night after , so 4 nights, going to be a good one this! :thumbup:

And on a sort of related note, today I also picked up my new (to me) bike, that will be coming with me on this trip,after a few go-faster mods over the next few months and a successful shake-down UK trackday or two as early as I dare in the new year- separate new bike thread will follow over next day or two when I have more time, but in short, she's a beaut 8-)
it's perhaps not a popular choice for somewhere like Portimao or as a trackbike in general for most people I guess, but by the time we get to May it will definitely be lighter, more powerful , better suspended and brake better than it does now, and that will be satisfying - whatever, I predict that I'm going to have a lot of fun with this bike
Can’t wait to see it on track, let me know other days you’re booked as it could be ace fun with either of my two slow bikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couchy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 pm
Tricky wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:27 pm I'm booked too, also staying at the Jupiter , and also booked the night after , so 4 nights, going to be a good one this! :thumbup:

Can’t wait to see it on track, let me know other days you’re booked as it could be ace fun with either of my two slow bikes
I'd imagine mid April or so we'll be using our msv credit and booking a Donny
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

fil2

Post by fil2 »

Booked me n mark in !...can we go yet !...…...Jupiter plus one extra night on the last night !

first thing first !!!

when is the go-karting !!!!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

fil2 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:08 am when is the go-karting !!!!
TO be honest, with me having the boy with me wanting entertaining, i'm thinking Karting is likely to happen most days for him. So if anyone wants in for that, you're all more than welcome.

Assuming flights work out though, the main GP must be on the day before when we head over to unload and setup bikes i think
fil2

Post by fil2 »

weeksy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 am
TO be honest, with me having the boy with me wanting entertaining, i'm thinking Karting is likely to happen most days for him. So if anyone wants in for that, you're all more than welcome.

Assuming flights work out though, the main GP must be on the day before when we head over to unload and setup bikes i think
Bring the fire big boy !
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

fil2 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:09 am
weeksy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 am

Bring the fire big boy !
LOL you've seen me Kart, i had enough troubles keeping Dave and Pete behind me, i'm not sure if i was last, but i certainly wasn't first ! Not sure what part of karting technique i'm missing, but i'm bloody rubbish.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Me, Mrs GP (not riding) and IanB are joining in the fun too. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

This is turning into a proper Jolly boys (and girls!) outing, with a good mixture of slow bikes , (and, some might say, riders too ;) ) in the slow bike GP, to complement the one or two others that have proper bikes and also know what they're doing -

There are still months (and months and months) until we go, but by my calcs, from here, already we have booked:

Weeksy
Mrs Weeksy
Weeksy Junior
Couchy
Me and my (non riding ) OH
2xtwins (AKA Big Kev)
Fil2 (Phil?)
GP and his (non-riding) OH
IanB

Have I missed anyone?
And are any of the rest of you up for it?
Guarantee you'll have laughs, and get to see Weeksy (and possibly me ) pissed at least once :thumbup:
Rp1

Post by Rp1 »

I've seen Weeksy pissed there before, I'll pray for you all now 😂
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:15 pm This is turning into a proper Jolly boys (and girls!) outing, with a good mixture of slow bikes , (and, some might say, riders too ;) ) in the slow bike GP, to complement the one or two others that have proper bikes and also know what they're doing -

There are still months (and months and months) until we go, but by my calcs, from here, already we have booked:

Weeksy
Mrs Weeksy
Weeksy Junior
Couchy
Me and my (non riding ) OH
2xtwins (AKA Big Kev)
Fil2 (Phil?)
GP and his (non-riding) OH
IanB

Have I missed anyone?
And are any of the rest of you up for it?
Guarantee you'll have laughs, and get to see Weeksy (and possibly me ) pissed at least once :thumbup:
Mark, Phil's mate. Ceri has met and ridden with him, not sure any of you have though, possibly couch.

Plus you've forgotten your riding mate Crust
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Arse, of course- I had a niggling feeling, is my age I guess- how could I forget the crusty one, with, from what it looks like, very much in the old man/slow bike gang with a now very un-crusty M900 8-)
G.P

Post by G.P »

Looks like we may have another 4 from Wiltshire including Doug who came to Pembrey (someone referred to him as Buzz lightyear's dad!)
These 4 plus Ian and me went to the Brno MotoGP together last Year, we're a good drinking team :)
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

G.P wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 am Looks like we may have another 4 from Wiltshire including Doug who came to Pembrey (someone referred to him as Buzz lightyear's dad!)
These 4 plus Ian and me went to the Brno MotoGP together last Year, we're a good drinking team :)
Excellent!
I have a feeling that circuit-to-hotel hire-car races may also be a feature of this trip.... :P
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm now booked with Mrs GP as a non rider. :thumbup:

Now, old 900SS, 1198 Monster or something different? :D :D