What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MyLittleStudPony

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Tricky wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:38 pm
MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:14 pm Gone on holiday for a few days, to a warm island, with my PAWGy younger girlfriend.

Unfortunately I've come down with a quite nasty flu so am hardly able to do anything.
Sheppey? :thumbup:
It's real fancy, see, real fancy.

Many Deutschlanders. Their women tend towards the athletic rather than PAWGy.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Big bottom
Big bottom
Talk about bum cakes
My gal's got 'em.
Big bottom
Drive me out of my mind.
How can I leave this behind?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Had my suspicions confirmed. Every time we do the walk we did today, at some point a chap floats past on an e-bicycle, always nattering on his phone and always trailing some sort of spaniel along in his wake. Bike looks expensive, not muddy as the area is sandy - but has mudguards and fat Maxxis tyres on. I always joke about 'working from bicycle' and 'he's a dead ringer for Charley Boorman but I'd think CB looks older than that these days'.

Got to the coffee shop at the end of the walk and he's on the bridge, with a coffee and the dog's either sat in the river or chasing sticks in it. (Apparently at the end of the ride the dog goes ahead and sits in the river/stream and waits for people throw sticks for it to retrieve :D ).

Yup it's Charley B. Turns out he's a local. Coffee shop person says he needs electric 'cos he's got metal pins and plates everywhere and is a bit cronk.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:59 pm Yup it's Charley B. Turns out he's a local. Coffee shop person says he needs electric 'cos he's got metal pins and plates everywhere and is a bit cronk.
That's picking up those behemoth beemers every 5 minutes wot did that to him.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:04 pm
Count Steer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:59 pm Yup it's Charley B. Turns out he's a local. Coffee shop person says he needs electric 'cos he's got metal pins and plates everywhere and is a bit cronk.
That and breaking both legs on a test ride in Portugal...avoiding a car and hitting a wall instead. Then breaking a hip falling off a Vespa while still in recovery :shock:
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:07 pm
That and breaking both legs on a test ride in Portugal...avoiding a car and hitting a wall instead. Then breaking a hip falling off a Vespa while still in recovery :shock:
I did my best to get all that kind of stuff over with while I was young.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

Moved more tat from one house to another and yet another dump run.

Later I'll be digging up the water pipe until I've found the outside company stop valve, aka a toby. I don't know why.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:09 pm
Count Steer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:07 pm

I did my best to get all that kind of stuff over with while I was young.
He got testicular cancer too. :(

The ladies in the coffee shop said he's a very, very nice man. Does a lot of charity work too. Apart from the mechanical issues he looks quite well, lost some weight and looks younger than I expected.
Voltaire
Felix

Post by Felix »

Scotsrich wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:43 am
We were chatting to the waiter (a young lad with a very posh accent) My wife was asking him about some of the dishes and how they were cooked. He said they were encouraged (or required I’m not sure) to know every ingredient that goes into everything on the menu.
Probably helps if anyone has any allergies. Neighbours son has not long started in the NB Marine Hotel. They are encouraged to know as well and taught about the wines. When i was in hotels we just had a wine waiter but on busy nights he could be rushed off his feet. Having table staff assist cant be a bad thing i suppose.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:55 pm I was told by Specsavers I need to wear my glasses to meet the required standards of vision when driving? So I rode the AT with my bifocals on the other day. The At has quite an informative dashboard which I'd never seen properly before! :? So today when I picked my new specs up I asked about prescription lensed sunglasses and transition lenses etc. So I ordered up a pair of transitioned lens bifocals to help with riding in the low winter sun. I was advised they dont work well, if at all, in cars as the windscreens normally block the UV light that causes the lens to react, but I really want them for the bike, so its all good. :thumbup:
What a success the prescription sunnies are! They work really well and perfect in the changing autumn light! :thumbup:
David

Post by David »

My sunnies are polaroid transition prescription.....try reading the screen of a phone or computer through those!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Spent most of the day (well, the working day!) trying to sit comfortably on my office chair whilst having a nasty pain in my back (lower right sideish ribs :( ) . No idea what I've done as it came on on Sunday but I didn't do anything remotely strenuous over the weekend! Probably to do with starting office work again and compensating for the arm that doesn't work properly :( FFS!

Most of this evening sat with a hot water bottle over the grumpy area to try and relax whatever has caused the hurtyness!!!

Swapped shifts with one of the others for tomorrow as I'm gonna be awake early (every time I turn in bed i wake up cos I hurt :( ) so I might as well get up early and go in to work!!! :lol:

BUT - I did make the biscuits to put together tomorrow to take Viennese Whirls into work tomorrow :D With proper madagascan vanilla :D :D Icing is made, so at lunchtime tomorrow I just have to strain the jam to get the pips out and put them together :D Also made finger versions so I can put chocolate on the ends - thing they might be Viennese Fingers?!!

:bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Today i feel a bit tense? We're off to Portugal for a few days tomorrow and its normally me that organises everything, but my daughter has taken over. It feels weird not to be checking us in and have all the boarding passes and parking stuff to hand. Didnt realise I was such a control freak! :D
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Taipan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:44 am Today i feel a bit tense? We're off to Portugal for a few days tomorrow and its normally me that organises everything, but my daughter has taken over. It feels weird not to be checking us in and have all the boarding passes and parking stuff to hand. Didnt realise I was such a control freak! :D
Don't forget to eat your own body weight in pastel de natas.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:44 am Today i feel a bit tense? We're off to Portugal for a few days tomorrow and its normally me that organises everything, but my daughter has taken over. It feels weird not to be checking us in and have all the boarding passes and parking stuff to hand. Didnt realise I was such a control freak! :D
I'm the opposite. Can't handle all that, so I let the missus do it all.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Yesterday

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Well, today has been a challenge! Bloody knackered after two nights of not sleeping properly! I got to work at 7.30, boss called at 7.45!! After 15 mins I had to ask him something and ended up having to do it in English as my brain just wasn't functioning!! :( So we did the normal switch between French and English depending on which of us needed to speak their own language!!

When the first of my colleagues came in I said "let's have an english day"!!!! :lol: She likes that cos she speaks and understands pretty well and likes to practice - and it is the first time since we started work that we've done it!!! The other colleague doesn't so we did half and half for the rest of the day!

Weirdly, the first colleague came in with some essential oil - if she was english she'd be described as hippy-ish!! But we have similar 'alternative' interests and she reckoned this particular oil would help with the muscle pain. Bloody hell, she was right :o I can't believe that it has actually taken the pain away as much as it has. Not totally, but it's just uncomfortable, not Bastard Painful :lol: and I haven't even put it on my area yet, just been 'sniffing' it!! :lol: I know that's weird and I'm still not sure about it, but not complaining

And, today it's 12 years since that awful phone call from my wicked step-mother :( I don't miss him any less now even after so long. Sadly, I don't have many photos of us together - and this one was quite a few years ago!! But I think I might try and get it printed so I can have it on my wall :D

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Gotta go and host a quiz night for 100+ boozy bankers.

Wish me luck. :o
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:18 pm Gotta go and host a quiz night for 100+ boozy bankers.

Wish me luck. :o
Good luck. :thumbup:

(You didn't ask for quiz question ideas this year, or did I miss it? :( ).
Voltaire
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Wife and I decided to go to the local Curry's to have a look at the fridge, washing machine and cooker we need for the vicarage we are moving to in mid November. We found one we liked on the floor, umm and arr'd about it and went again to look at another one, then returned to the preferred one to find they had just put a 50% off sticker on it! Bought it, added the washing machine and cooker (10% voucher on the cooker) and that saved us around £400, which is very welcome as my son still needs a bed and the daughter a wardrobe! So my wife's procrastination and constant is it the right one shopping habit saved us big money today.

Back home, walked the dog again, and now doing roast potatoes for the family. Wife will do the other food stuff.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.