RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2021. August 20/21/22.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2021. August 20/21/22.

Post by weeksy »

I'll put a picnic basket in our front garden Yogi.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Really looking forward to this... Q, What time are the early arrivals getting to hotel Friday. As I'm a 'flexible worker' atm, I can get down there anytime ?
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

We'll be at hotel around 5:30 I guess. We're on track all day so will be heading out at end of the riding.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Can I get to paddock to watch a bit. ??
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:21 pm Can I get to paddock to watch a bit. ??
Fraid not at the moment no. Not allowed sorry matey. Certain number of people allowed on site per day etc
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Evening All - Latest Pembrey update

Further to conversations between our insurance co and Pembrey circuit last weekend the following applies :

Camping is allowed but it (ideally) must be for registered riders and their single helper only - so no Rave's / late night partying etc. There are NO shower facilities.
Circuit access - officially from 7.00am on the morning of the event but if you wish to access the circuit the night before between 6.00pm and 10.00pm ONLY - then please e mail me details - name / vehicle / approx times etc . There is NO access to the paddock if arrive early for the following day's event. Due to local social distancing requirements we have to clear the paddock between 5.00pm and 6.00pm before any further vehicles etc are allowed in.
Noise - a strict 96 DB drive by system is operated - there is NO static testing. Ensure your bike is correctly silenced before you go ''on track''. U get one chance - after that and you fail the second time the bike is parked up. Those with any Ducati with a V4 engine might as well leave it in the garage - they are a problem and are extremely borderline even with ''wet maps'' and showroom silencers. I sent 3 home at the weekend.
Electronic ''Signing On'' declarations will be E mailed to you 5 days before the event. These MUST be completed before you arrive at the circuit - if you don't then you won't get a wristband or bike no.
''General'' Spectators are NOT permitted or anyone under the age of 18 - but in ''Dodgy knees's'' case if he 's a RTTL rider's ''official helper'' he'll be OK. But ideally you'll arrive and depart with ''said'' rider. ''Said / nominated rider'' will now qualify for a huge breakfast and unlimited tea and cake FOC..

Face Masks MUST be worn in all indoor area's - if you are exempt then I need to see the paperwork.

A number of you are yet to confirm and pay up - Steve is going through the list - but basically you have until the end of the week to sort it. There is a North Gloucester Bike race meeting the following weekend after RTTL and I already have a considerable reserve list.

If you a have any queries please contact me direct via E mail ONLY - admin@philbevantrackdays.co.uk - Due to time restrictions all queries received by any other means will not be answered.

I'll update you further as we get closer to ''TD Day''

Ta

Alan .
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Is there a rough guide to what a static db reading equates to on a 96db ride by ?
I've had 2 TD's on this bike and passed the static test , so would assume I'd be ok, but just thought I'd ask ??
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nobby wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 pm Is there a rough guide to what a static db reading equates to on a 96db ride by ?
I've had 2 TD's on this bike and passed the static test , so would assume I'd be ok, but just thought I'd ask ??
If you've been with us before (which you have) then i can't see anything being an issue... Unless something had changed, which it doesn't sound like has happened, so i wouldn't be losing sleep.
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

''Is there a rough guide to what a static db reading equates to on a 96db ride by ?
I've had 2 TD's on this bike and passed the static test , so would assume I'd be ok, but just thought I'd ask ??''

Ok here we go then :

Like most Uk circuits the actual noise limit hasn't changed but the monitoring and reporting has changed considerably. At the same time when you've serviced your bike have you stripped and inspected the exhaust system ? Has the internal packing been stripped and the unit repacked ? And if you have a ''DB Killer'' is it any good ? the short stumpy ones may be cheap as chips but do cock all. If you've not got one get the right one for your bike and exhaust system - with data of DB reduction. Pipeworx and MHP are very good and are used to the TD situation.
96 DB drive by equates to 100 DB MAX on a ACU Spec static test - irrespective of engine size, Engine configuration, Engine RPM and even track. When Pembrey had their new system installed a number of years ago, we helped with testing - on a variety of machines, track positions and additional noise meters and came up with this data. The surprising point was when a bikes was 12 inches away from the nearest armco the noise level dropped 6 DB ! It's a bit nerdy but the science of noise testing is quite interesting,,

Like I said previously, if you've a V4 Ducati then u might as well leave it parked up in your front room.

All this might mean a pain in the arse but when Joe Public winges to the local council we can accurately prove that when he says the noise ''was unbearable between 12.30 and 1.30 on a weekend TD'' was can prove that actually we' were all at dinner..

But despite all this at least the system is independent - Donnington is linked to the council offices and if they see it's bleeping too much they just ring the circuit and put the event on stop.

At Pembrey I just get my ear bent.

ta
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Will be interesting to see if its just the V4 panigales that have the issues as the V4 Multistradas have a different exhaust system. I cant help with testing as the missus is a bit "non appreciative" when i mentioned the 20+K asking price for one :D

I know my old school V2 is quiet enough
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:27 pm Will be interesting to see if its just the V4 panigales that have the issues as the V4 Multistradas have a different exhaust system. I cant help with testing as the missus is a bit "non appreciative" when i mentioned the 20+K asking price for one :D

I know my old school V2 is quiet enough
Get 1 of each.
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Street fighters / pani's etc all of 'em - closest they get is a ''wet map'' and showroom silencers so I'd imagine V4 MS to be no different. Was supposed to have the new HD PA down at the weekend but it didn't happen..

I read all the reports on the V4 MS and liked it then saw it on the flesh and thought no ta !
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Alan PBTD wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:39 pm Street fighters / pani's etc all of 'em - closest they get is a ''wet map'' and showroom silencers so I'd imagine V4 MS to be no different. Was supposed to have the new HD PA down at the weekend but it didn't happen..

I read all the reports on the V4 MS and liked it then saw it on the flesh and thought no ta !
Funnily enough i saw one in the flesh and really liked it..... must try and blag a ride on one to see what it is like

The V4 Pani and Street fighter have a similar stubby underslung exhaust/cat thing as standard and the MS has a longer extended pipe coming off the cat so "might" be a little better .... who knows ;)

When talking ugly the HD Pan American hit every fucking branch on the way down the ugly tree :mrgreen:
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Yes Bigyin, there's definatley no Italians in HD's design dept..
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

This time in 2 weeks, some of us will be either,

1. Putting our leathers on and getting the final bits ready for session 1.
2. Standing under the gazebo wondering if it'll take off from the wind or collapse with the weight of the rain.

:D
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Or both! :D

It will of course be 1. though - under a clear blue Welsh sky , bathed in brilliant bright sunlight with a gentle south-westerly breeze caressing our cheeks and providing a lovely freshness to the air ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 am Or both! :D

It will of course be 1. though - under a clear blue Welsh sky , bathed in brilliant bright sunlight with a gentle south-westerly breeze caressing our cheeks and providing a lovely freshness to the air ;)
Damn right.... Then i'll be out getting my arse handed to me by the Reading boys and thinking "WTF are the old fellas doing !! "
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

So who's hoping and looking to ride sone else they're not bringing then?

I'll be shocked if I'm not on the 890R for a session, that's pretty much a given.
But I'm actually likely to be persuading @mangocrazy that he needs to try an XSR and I can try his 690R

@2xtwins has the Kawasaki 1000sx which I'm leaving open to discussion until I see how much he enjoys it there.

If @Trinity765 hasn't blown hers up by lunch I may see if she wants to try a XSR or zx6 handing her 765 either to me or @Welsh Muffin

I forget what the Wilts boys are bringing, I think one may be on an 899 though @G.P ? I'll be getting the wife to at least sit on it, if not ride it.

@Tricky needs to persuade Doug light-year to send him out on his zx10, it's always fun to see Tricky mixing it on a fast bike

If only we could persuade someone to buy an mt10 before the weekend
IanB

Post by IanB »

The Wiltshire boyz will be on a motley collection which is currently
V2 Poonigali
Monster 1200
Monster 696
Triumph Tiger 800
BMW R1200s
Kawasaki ZX10R (with working front brakes this year apparently)

I can't speak for any of the others but if anyone wants to have a go on my BMW tractor they can fill their boots :thumbup:

We're camping at the circuit Friday & Saturday nights
Last edited by IanB on Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

IanB wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:09 pm The Wiltshire boyz will be on a motley collection which is currently
V2 Poonigali
Monster 1200
Monster 675
Triumph Tiger 800
BMW R1200s
Kawasaki ZX10R (with working front brakes this year apparently)

I can't speak for any of the others but if anyone wants to have a go on my BMW tractor they can fill their boots :thumbup:

We're camping at the circuit Friday & Saturday nights
@IanB yours is something i'd like to try on the road one day, but i'm not convinced i'd like to try it out for a first time on a race track :)