RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2021. August 20/21/22.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2021. August 20/21/22.

Post by weeksy »

Speaking to Alan @ PBTD today and we've got our date for the forum extravaganza.

Location as always is at Pembrey and due to the complexities of the world the dates are obviously less than we'd like, so we've gone for the 20/21/22 of Aug.

Event will be run on Fri/Sat/Sun
3 groups : Novice/Inters/Fast.
20 riders per group all days

£150 per day.

The smaller group format has worked really well and the amount of tracktime and space has been fantastic for all riders who've done it.

Obviously in theory we're doing Portimao as you're aware, but the UK date is really important as part of the forum get-together so we're going playing :)

One minor change is that all bike will needs a front brake guard fitting for the day, this is now going to be enforced by all UK trackday organisers, not just PBTD.

The usual discussions of BBQ, Camping etc, in all honesty we don't know at the moment, until we see where we are with CV19 there's no real answer we can give just yet.

I know many of you will have been on the days with us and PBTD before, but as with every other year i'm really hoping to see some unfamiliar faces there, some who ordinarily wouldn't come and play.

With the above in mind, RTTL are donating 1 space, for 1 rider, any day that weekend. Completely and utterly free of cost. You'll need a bike of course, along with all your riding kit, but the space will be free. It will be a REGULAR forum contributor and one who's either a complete or certainly a relative novice to trackdays. If you've done lots, don't bother asking... You can either throw me a PM with your wish to be included, or if not, i'll ping out a few messages closer to the time to people who've contributed over the previous year of the forum and offer you a place.

So the list starts as of today. Don't worry, this is not a "my name is on the list, therefore i must go and must pay" this is more a "yeah i fancy it potentially, there's a lot in the world that can change though"... I'm not going to hold you to it :)

However if you wish to be 100% for this, let me know the usual information.
Name
Day/days required
Group.

Payment can be made to the RTTL paypal account which will hold it and pass to PBTD
Scuffmark

Re: RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2021. August 20/21/22.

Post by Scuffmark »

It seems along way off in these strange times which sees many things change at the 11th hour but I'd love to be able to atleast attend one day... Fingers crossed :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yes please. I'll go on the list!! By then I should have worked out how to ride again!! LOL :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr. Dazzle

Re: RTTL : Pembrey trackday extravaganza 2022. August 20/21/22.

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Its during the period of baby Dazzle's school break when she'll probably be with her grandparents, so I'm definitely a maybe.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

No for me obviously, but hope it's a great success :)
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

hmmmm, I could be very tempted. I was gutted I missed out on the one I booked due to work injury. I'll have to check work/ holiday dates. A track day is still on my to do list.

I would have a bit of work to do on my fazer to get it sorted mind you!!!
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

I'm in.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Just for information.

https://phil-bevan-trackdays.myshopify.com/

Track dates will be posted here. While it's not vital to get it booked ASAP, i'd certainly advise you do. With the groups being almost half the usual size there's no doubt at all it WILL be filled, i'm hoping a large chunk of it will be filled by US, certainly in the novice and Inters groups. As with last year, if it's full, my hands are very much tied. In previous years we've been able to jiggle people about, move places etc, but with the 3*20 group format this is a LOT LOT harder to do so i'm afraid.

Of course as soon as the date is released onto the website i'll let you know right away so if you want to you can book now. But i'd certainly recommend it.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I did my first ever trackday at Pembrey and had a fantastic time. Easy track to learn, well organised and no pressure. Weeksy, Tricky and co always happy to help and advise. Alan also very approachable and helpful.
Free camping, cooked breakfast, beers and laughs a plenty. Highly recommend this event if your thinking of taking the plunge. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Good Morning Everyone

It'll be nice to catch up again and have a chat with some new faces at the same time. Let me just tidy up a few items.

As of this morning we're a little ahead of ourselves as I've just had the 2021 dates and am working on updating all our PBTD social media outlets. Due to the current and potentially future COVID situation we'll run a manual booking system for the next few months for you lot and then start collecting monies ( via our web site ) a bit closer to the time. I'll just fiddle the total numbers at my end. So as mentioned - if you're interested just post on this thread.

Despite everything last year we ran a large number of events - especially towards the end of the season and for the first time ever did 3 consecutive weekends ( I was knackered ! ). Official ( ACU / MSA ) meetings were being cancelled left right and center on several occasions with 14 days notice - but we took as many dates as we could. Under Welsh Law bike TD's were allowed but as soon as the 'Lockdowns' started everything was on stop.

I'm not going to go into ''finite'' details at the moment rules change all the time so it's a bit a nonsensical situation - but the basic event outline is the same as normal. We do know the following tho:
Helpers / Spectators - only one helper per rider and they must arrive with the rider. Main gates shut at 9.00am and remain shut.
''Front brake lever protectors'' must be fitted.
Extensive COVID 19 procedures will be in place - masks / wash hands etc and will be strictly controlled. Any crap and you're out. This will enforced irrespective of you receiving the vaccine or not.
Overnight accommodation - of any sort - depends on the latest rules.
BBQ - beer session etc likewise

All the latest information will go on our facebook site first then I'll post on here and our web site. So if you're on facebook find our site and join in.

In the meantime all the best - keep safe and we'll see you all soon.

Kind Regards
Alan Holland - Coordinator Phil Bevan Trackdays.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

List.

Friday
Novice:

Inters:
Mrs Weeksy

Fast:

Saturday
Novice:

Inters:
Weeksy
Mrs Weeksy
G.P
Dodgy Knees

Fast:

Sunday
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ummm. I'm confused. Is this for this August -2021? Or 2022?
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 pm Ummm. I'm confused. Is this for this August -2021? Or 2022?
Good point well made.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:36 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 pm Ummm. I'm confused. Is this for this August -2021? Or 2022?
Good point well made.
:lol: :lol:

In which case I'm out. Sorry. No way I can be sure I can ride on track this year :( :( :( (Or if I can afford to come over or not :( )
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm in.
I fully expect the all the Wiltshire lads coming to Portimao to be up for this too for Saturday at least :thumbup: Then we are all off to Silverstone for 3 days for motoGP the following weekend
Excellent :obscene-drinkingcheers:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:21 pm I'm in.
I fully expect the all the Wiltshire lads coming to Portimao to be up for this too for Saturday at least :thumbup: Then we are all off to Silverstone for 3 days for motoGP the following weekend
Excellent :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Funnily enough, we're at Silverstone on the Thurs, driving straight to Pembrey for the Fri/Sat and then back on the Sund !

Chat with the boys and see who wants in and what groups. I'll stick you down at Sat for now on your own, update when you get some answers.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

P.S if anyone else could sort this on Facebook group that would be appreciated please. I don't think Jazzy or Twids for example come here much, but both are fairly regulars and would be nice to give them the option.
G.P

Post by G.P »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:06 pm P.S if anyone else could sort this on Facebook group that would be appreciated please. I don't think Jazzy or Twids for example come here much, but both are fairly regulars and would be nice to give them the option.
will do :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:06 pm P.S if anyone else could sort this on Facebook group that would be appreciated please. I don't think Jazzy or Twids for example come here much, but both are fairly regulars and would be nice to give them the option.
Done :)
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

If this event goes to plan I'm in. Novice or inters. Don't mind being a session buddy, iykwim. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3