Formula 1, 2021 season, tips, info, pics, thread.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Screwdriver

Re: Formula 1, 2021 season, tips, info, pics, thread.

Post by Screwdriver »

You suggest my Tyson example of who hits who is somehow an insult and therefore it's ok to go straight in with another personal insult like you can hardly wait.

Just sayin': it's not.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

I see M-B went for plan b today,.get Bottas to take out both red bulls, inspired!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Mercedes seem to be trying to find new and inventive ways to throw the championship/make life difficult for LH. Had they done what the rest of the grid did (change to slicks after the red flag), Lewis would have won at a canter. Instead he has to fight his way from last to third.

Those Merc strategists are not, by any stretch of the imagination, earning their corn at present.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Utter masterclass in attacking and defending from Lewis and Fernando today, a joy to watch.

And Bottas is probably getting a “confidential” bonus for nailing the first corner…………..
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MingtheMerciless

Seb's just been disqualified for only having 0.3L of fuel left rather than 1L required for testing 🙁. Just take the points off the team!
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Just take the points off the team!
As I always say in these situations; without the drivers there'd be a bunch of empty cars on the grid, without the teams there'd be a bunch of drivers in their underpants.

Besides, if he finished 700cc of fuel short that means he finished about half a kilo short. So he could have potentially started half a kilo short and have had half a kilo advantage over everyone the whole race. Or he could have had more power than everyone else cause he used more than his fair amount of petrol. Or he could have been running illegal fuel which now can't be tested cause there's not enough. I.e. it's not an irrelevant technical error.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Best F1 race I've watched in a while.
MingtheMerciless

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:29 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Just take the points off the team!
As I always say in these situations; without the drivers there'd be a bunch of empty cars on the grid, without the teams there'd be a bunch of drivers in their underpants.

Besides, if he finished 700cc of fuel short that means he finished about half a kilo short. So he could have potentially started half a kilo short and have had half a kilo advantage over everyone the whole race. Or he could have had more power than everyone else cause he used more than his fair amount of petrol. Or he could have been running illegal fuel which now can't be tested cause there's not enough. I.e. it's not an irrelevant technical error.
Flow rate sensors should've shown up if he was burning more fuel than allowed, and you're probably right but it seems harsh on the driver after a team technical cock up or possibly leak/seepage issue.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
McNab

Post by McNab »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 pm Mercedes seem to be trying to find new and inventive ways to throw the championship/make life difficult for LH. Had they done what the rest of the grid did (change to slicks after the red flag), Lewis would have won at a canter. Instead he has to fight his way from last to third.

Those Merc strategists are not, by any stretch of the imagination, earning their corn at present.
To be fair, they aren't allowed to talk to the driver on the parade lap (although apparently Ocon had quite the chat) so they couldn't tell Hamilton to pit. And being first he had no idea everyone else was peeling off to the pits until it was too late. Had he decided to go in and everyone else had taken their position he'd have been in just as bad a situation.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

The reason LH didn't pit is because of where their garage location is!
That's why Russell managed to get out at the head of the pack on the restart.
They would not of been able to release Hamilton safely with a stream of cars going by, so he would have come out in last place quite probably anyway.
Kneerly Down

Post by Kneerly Down »

Would MB taking Russell instead of Bottas at the next race avoid having the '2nd car' 5 places back on the grid ?
McNab

Post by McNab »

A 5 place grid drop is nothing to the likes of Mercedes. If Lewis Hamilton can reach 3rd from where he was after the first lap on a track as notorious to pass as Hungary, then Bottas should be able to make up those 5 places in the next race. And if he can't, it's probably another strike against him for keeping his seat next year.

Plus I don't think the FIA would look too kindly on teams swapping drivers around to avoid penalties. Also, I can't see Williams agreeing to take a driver just to so he can serve his penalty.

If Bottas couldn't race because he was 'sick' and someone else took his place, Bottas would still have to serve his penalty when he did get back in the car
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Has someone hidden Screwdriver ? He is very quiet...
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

If Horner calls a collision between Hamilton and Verstappen a racing incident then you know 100% Verstappen fucked up ……otherwise he would be shouting and claiming just how dangerous the other drivers actions were
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:50 pm Has someone hidden Screwdriver ? He is very quiet...
He's quietly crying in the corner ...
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:15 am
Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:50 pm Has someone hidden Screwdriver ? He is very quiet...
Or very simply ignoring the smelly fish bait... give it a rest chaps. Discuss the race, not the posters.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

the_priest wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:31 am
Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:15 am
Or very simply ignoring the smelly fish bait... give it a rest chaps. Discuss the race, not the posters.
Well, with regard to the incident, in view of some of the comments he made last time, it would be good to hear his view. Esp as Jos didn’t bother to find out how Hamilton was .
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 am Well, with regard to the incident, in view of some of the comments he made last time, it would be good to hear his view. Esp as Jos didn’t bother to find out how Hamilton was .
Quite right too, I don't like to criticise my own hero but Max could have waited a couple more corners. i see it as a racing incident, Max put in a fair pass around the outside, Lewis pushed him wide which is "racing".

Unfortunately for both Max and Lewis, this launched Max over a massive curb and, well, we all know the result.

Reminds me of the time Rosberg (the biggest cheat in F1 history) pushed Lewis onto the grass at speed resulting in a coming together at the next corner taking them both out. An accident of his own making...

<edit> now that I re-read this, I probably ought to overtly state I am inclined to apportion a teeny bit more "blame" on Max. Hence my reticence. Lewis was just out of the pits on cold tyres and Max was up to temp and with an overspeed so it was a rare opportunity worth taking the risk (in the few tenths of a second these chaps need to decide).
MingtheMerciless

Racing incident with Max possibly more on the naughty step than Lewis. Halo did its job.

I can see both of them getting a "strongly worded listening too" about not giving room/desperation overtakes which both will ignore and I can see the championship being decided on penalties given.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."