What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:31 pm Got chatting to someone I have only know on FB - she offered to lend me a book about kittens - I am having a very steep learning curve with the new arrival!! She also rides - an MT07 (wanted an MT09 cos it's what she took her test on, but the 07 was all that was available when they went looking!!) So, looks like I have a new riding buddy. She wants to get confidence and so do I!! :D :D

Kitten crapped where she shouldn't have because I didn't clean out the litter tray fast enough :roll: That'll teach me :roll:

She also didn't stay asleep for the lesson!! :lol: :lol: But hey - I learnt some new words!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Le Chat shat! :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cleared a small patch of the garden and planted, well scattered our BeeBomb! Bizarrely I noticed we appear to have Bees living under our decking?

upload pictures
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:58 pm Cleared a small patch of the garden and planted, well scattered our BeeBomb!
Blimey ... I have some of them, somewhere. Ta for reminder.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

May have been yelled at by a maskzi at a local store for not wearing a mask. Not sure though as I was about 100ft inside the store by the time I heard "sir! SIR!! SIR!!!!!" coming from behind me over by the door.

Used construction adhesive to fix 4 loose bricks around flower beds in the front yard.

Ate 75% of a pizza with a cauliflower crust. Didn't taste any different to the regular kind.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Hit Costco this morning, this is what $93 buys ya.... altho only the cheese & shrooms are mine.

MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Missed the Dragonfly’s emerging from our wildlife pond, bugger!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Drank, ate BBQ....
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

SFA

Well, sat in the garden reading Rotherweird, watching the occasional aerial predator pass over: couple of peregrine falcons (I think), a couple of buzzards, one of which was repeatedly being attacked by a kestrel: as in we watched the kestrel trying to drive the buzzard off on more than one occasion. I can only assume we're near the boundary of the kestrels turf, the buzzards float all over the place.
non quod, sed quomodo
Horse

Post by Horse »

Rockburner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:36 pm watching the occasional aerial predator pass over:
We have have almost constant Red Kites over here. 7 at one time this afternoon. Occasionally they come down below roof height - they're bloomin big!

A few people around here feed them. I've seen 18 wheeling around.
20210613_194803.jpg
20210613_194803.jpg (326.18 KiB) Viewed 584 times
20210613_194844.jpg
20210613_194844.jpg (63.83 KiB) Viewed 584 times
Moments apart, two slightly different directions from the same point.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

We get these buggers, about 6ft wingspan..

& sometimes these, which are about 9 1/2 feet span.

Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Built this over the last couple of days for a local holiday home who wanted their hot tub enclosed in a summer house....... last part of the build according to the manual is the floor but because of the circumstances after the base then the floor was next which was a bit of a challenge.

How fucking heavy is a hot tub to move with just 2 people even when its empty :shock:

and move the heavy bastard back on

taking shape

Finished

Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Looks good and you'll get repeat work to remove the summer house when it turns into a mouldy mess. :thumbup:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:00 pm We get these buggers, about 6ft wingspan..
Adult Red Kites have a 5ft wing span, so not a small bird. Buzzards are around the same size.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Rockburner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:36 pm ......a couple of buzzards, one of which was repeatedly being attacked by a kestrel: as in we watched the kestrel trying to drive the buzzard off on more than one occasion. I can only assume we're near the boundary of the kestrels turf, the buzzards float all over the place.
Watched similar yesterday - big old buzzard getting harassed by 2 crows, reckon the crows had a nest in the big old oak tree in the field and the buzzard got a bit too close for their liking. Giving the poor buzzard a really hard time....
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:48 am Built this over the last couple of days for a local holiday home who wanted their hot tub enclosed in a summer house....... last part of the build according to the manual is the floor but because of the circumstances after the base then the floor was next which was a bit of a challenge.

How fucking heavy is a hot tub to move with just 2 people even when its empty :shock:

and move the heavy bastard back on

taking shape

Finished

WTF put a shed around a hot tub?

It's like saying: "we KNOW it's a dirt-sex-pool, we KNOW YOU KNOW it's a dirty-sex-pool, we know YOU know WE know You know We know it's a dirty-sex-pool, we're just making it BLATANTLY bloody obvious that we USE it as a dirty-sex-pool, and we don't like you watching!"
non quod, sed quomodo
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

v8-powered wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 am
Rockburner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:36 pm ......a couple of buzzards, one of which was repeatedly being attacked by a kestrel: as in we watched the kestrel trying to drive the buzzard off on more than one occasion. I can only assume we're near the boundary of the kestrels turf, the buzzards float all over the place.
Watched similar yesterday - big old buzzard getting harassed by 2 crows, reckon the crows had a nest in the big old oak tree in the field and the buzzard got a bit too close for their liking. Giving the poor buzzard a really hard time....
The crows are always trying to drive the buzzards off around here, daily occurrence. Yesterday it was quiet enough in the evening we could hear the impact when the crow's wing hit the buzzard's, sounded like the noise you make shaking out a wet t-shirt.

The crows will also drive off the Kestrels - saw that a couple of times up on the downs last year, the Kestrel was far more manoevrable than the crow though and just treated it like an annoyance, buzzards are a little more bulky!

Never seen a Kestrel attack a buzzard before though.
non quod, sed quomodo
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Took the sodding cat to the vet this morning. After a weekend of stress about it and some weird behaviour :(

Stupid animal behaved fine and happy for the vet. Little sod!

Anyway, back home and she's still fine

But, she's definitely more mobile than I was led to believe she would be, so I don't think it's a good 'fit' for her to live here

Think I'll have to rehome her in a few weeks - when we can more easily see how mobile she is and make sure that what happened at the weekend was a one off :roll:

Bit gutted really but I always said I'd only keep her if she was happy here

Suns shining so I'm off out for a little walk in a bit then get stuck into some paperwork and parts finding that I didn't do this weekend
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rockburner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 am
Is it me or is it next to the front door?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Today I have sat in the upstairs office in my house, ever so slightly nauseous and dehydrated, sweating like a good 'un, wondering why I sent my mate a picture of the open bottle of Moretti yesterday lunchtime and asking if him and his missus wanted to pop over to join us for a drink or two in the garden...
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Rockburner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:24 am

It's like saying: "we KNOW it's a dirt-sex-pool, we KNOW YOU KNOW it's a dirty-sex-pool, we know YOU know WE know You know We know it's a dirty-sex-pool, we're just making it BLATANTLY bloody obvious that we USE it as a dirty-sex-pool, and we don't like you watching!"
I did wonder why, apparently it was in the huge garden (this is a massive property that is rented out for groups of 16-20 at a time) but neighbours complained about the noise from the late night hot tub. They then moved it to the back of the house furthest away from from neighbouring houses and now put a shed round it ..... i just built it rather than figure the logic. If i was using it i would want to be able to see the sky while having a beer rather than a shed roof
gremlin wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:41 am
Is it me or is it next to the front door?
Back door mate on a sun trap patio ....the house has entrances on all 4 sides to access different gardens and patio areas