What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Pirahna

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Pirahna »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:14 pm Discovered one of my neighbors is a fucking psychopath & has poisoned all the squirrels. I hope her fucking dog eats one & dies from it.
Squirrels are rats with bushy tails, vermin.
Potter

Post by Potter »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:14 pm Discovered one of my neighbors is a fucking psychopath & has poisoned all the squirrels. I hope her fucking dog eats one & dies from it.
The fucking dog sounds interesting, does it fuck her or just other dogs?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yay!! Squirrels are back, they must have had a day out somewhere & ended up having their breakfast for dinner. Just gave them their supper :)

Now I'm wondering what the exterminators were doing at the neighbors place, altho they did have a rat issue last year.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

This is more "what have you done this weekend". Saturday I rode from Brighton to Warr's Harley Davidson, Mottingham missing out motorways. It was a better ride than I thought, no rain and through a few villages I don't know. I met with some of my group before riding to see an autistic girl for her birthday. It was great to catch up with people that I've not seen for over a year now. I came back via the M25 and got caught in a downpour, but having said that, the sun was shinning at the same time and while it was very wet, there were blue skies and everything is at it's greenest right now so the view was stunning.

Yesterday I did some hard labour at my Mum's but with equally beautiful results (sparkling bathroom tiles and all that :banana-dance: )

Some pics from Saturday

Lockdown refugee
Skub

Post by Skub »

A girl I knew from way back offered me this today,free if I wanted it.

https://www.promenademusic.co.uk/yamaha ... CX0Mf6qT9w

She had no idea of it's worth,so luckily she asked me first and not some opportunist!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Did Bikesafe yesterday with Northamptonshire Police. I’ve been riding for the best part of 50 years so wanted to know I’m doing it about right. Very good day, experienced and enthusiastic Police running it, got a lot of time to ride instead of just being in a classroom. Worthwhile experience in my opinion. Never too old to learn.
Mick
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

When Pen flew to UK 2 weeks ago, I rode her 125 to the bike shop.
Picked her up today, so we picked her bike up.
I do like a bit of power, so giggle when I ride hers. But the howling winds only allowed 40 MPH flat out :(
Skub

Post by Skub »

I spent the morning chasing financial institutions regarding my father's pensions,good to get it all done. On hold wears me down after a while.

Cleaned the bike and the weather looks like being settled for this week,so hopefully I'll get some decent saddle time.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Turned the power off and got trains stopped to allow the police to remove a troubled soul from the railway so overall it was a good day.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Happy vermin, altho it needs to learn some manners & not sit on the damn table...

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've had an awesome day and it's only 4pm!!!

This morning I found that, for the first time in 3 years and 9 months I can lift a spoon to my mouth with my right hand without dipping my head!! I know, most people do dip their heads, but I've had that challenge to achieve for a sodding long time!

Then I did put some rockabilly on and had a little, gentle bop to myself in my apartment! Made me very happy (more happy!!) so I kept the music for the drive down to the valley for physio

Once there I had a little time, so I stood outside the building with headphones and continued to bop away!! This doesn't seem like much but I bloody LOVE dancing! I've struggled to do more than a little sway for the last few years due to shoulder pain. So to be able to have a gentle bop to my favourite style of music was freaking fab!! Huge grin on my face! The physio was like "were you dancing?" I explained that I used to walk around resort with headphones in and bopping away - probably to the amusement of others, but fck it, I like music and dancing!!!

AND - my shoulder was coping fine with the gentle bopping - gonna have to find rock n roll dance partners that can dance left handed as my right will never cope with proper RnR dancing :( :(

Physio was mean - but I had better movement than we both expected, so whilst I ached, it was good

Then more very loud rockabilly on the drive home - to do some sorting I've been meaning/needing to do for a couple of weeks. Then some dancing, then sorting stuff to post off tomorrow and more dancing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok - dancing is a big word, gentle bopping to my favourite music!! LOL And I so need to sort out the seating bit of my place cos my plans to change it will leave me with quite a bit more room to use for gentle exercise!! :D :D A friend is going to do the heavy/difficult stuff but I reckon I can saw the wood that's there and create the seating I want to - I already know I can use a drill, so all should be well!! Hopefully!! :D :D

Now I've made some more tea (having found out that I can use my right hand to drink out of my big mug when its full :banana-wrench: ) and am gonna have to turn the music off and go sit and drink it!! If I don't turn the music off, I'll keep bopping and will hurt myself and the physio will NOT be impressed tomorrow!!!

But damn today goes down as a really good day!! :D :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Videos next time to enable proper piss-taking. :thumbup:

(Says the man who struggles to even put his two left feet together in an embarrassing 'dad dance' ).

I've just had to negotiate the school run for the first time in many years, as the Gremlinette decided she needed to paint the large, wooden frame that will house her GCSE art 'installation', so I had to run down with Dulux emulation, rollers, etc. I don't think Anish Kapoor has put as many hours in on his big projects, but in fairness, she's well into it.
Long story short, she has used Mrs. Gremlin's mum as her subject study, notably her dementia, using various media (get me, with the jargon!) including resin works, traditional portraits, one of her Nan's dressing gowns and a rolling video via a projector. Cynical me is actually very impressed and we've asked if we can go and view it when it's all assembled, but depends how amenable the school is on that, I suppose.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Rockabilly :?

;)
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Been to see the quack (he’s a renown endocrinologist) for the results of my latest scan which were massively positive as the swelling / lump / tumour / whatever* in my Brian has halved in size after six months of medication**

* was a microprolactinoma on my pituitary gland diagnosed and stable for around 8 years treatment free but recently grew / doubled in size to a macroprolactinoma which concern the Doc and his esteemed colleagues hence medication, monthly blood tests and MRI scans every six months

** dopamine receptor stimulant where I’ve had the text book side effects including and not limited to low blood pressure, mood swings, alcohol intolerance, constipation, rage, drowsiness, fatigue

Still need to keep up with medication and six monthly scans but prognosis appears good with likelihood of tumour shrinking completely and natural scarring preventing regrowth and phasing out of tablets :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:44 pm Videos next time to enable proper piss-taking. :thumbup:

(Says the man who struggles to even put his two left feet together in an embarrassing 'dad dance' ).
I'll try and get someone to video me sometime! :lol: :lol: Not saying I'm any good at the bopping - but I do so love the music that I really don't care if I'm any good or not!! LOL

slowsider wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:24 pm Rockabilly :?

;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Weird indeed (so it seems!!)

I grew up loving 50's style rock n roll and was introduced to rockabilly about 12 years ago. Bloody love it!! LOL :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

First time back at archery last night after more than a year.

I’m still no better at it :thumbdown: but I was knackered after an hour and a half.

I sat the last end out because I physically couldn’t draw the bow to it’s full extent.

And to run salt into the wound I’d put lighter limbs on in anticipation of that. I think a lot of practice/exercise is called for.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Waiting for the floor people to turn up to start on the hallway floor.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Chased up for the replacement windscreen for wife's car, been 3 weeks now.
Apparently a main dealer only part and still waiting delivery, bloody Brexit!
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I popped out to The Real Patisserie in Brighton at lunchtime to get the troops something nice. My brother, son and dad have gathered to make a difference at my Mum's bungalow. I will have before and after picks to share just as soon as they've stopped sitting around eating cake.

Lockdown refugee
David

Post by David »

Drove to brightlibgsea (290 miles) .. Arrived 9.00am....fetched a 24 m boat out of st osyth with the skipper ...he is not well and its starting to show.
Anchored just off Mersea island...swapped out filters..got lights working...re anchored after it dragged..today pulled the (f*cked ) water pump off to source a replacement or repair kit..trip is now off for a fortnight as we need to catch tides into sheerness. So drove home...290 miles. Arrived at 4.30 pm....skipper rings v. apologetic....the owners are going to tow her down to sheerness and fix on site. Cost me around £300 in lost day rate.
However...i am delighted...not to miss out on the rigours of a trip in the north sea and thru the swatchway...or the fun of getting up and down to the machine room thru a tiny hatch and tricky ladder while on passage....but for the feeling that the skipper is pushing himself harder than he should.