Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Bigyin

Re: Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:25 pm
I'm hoping it's not 10 days at home as that'd be a deal breaker for us. We could manage 5, but 10 would be a no go.

It's still not fully clear on the testing rules, especially for kids too. Both outbound and on return. That could still get very salty as it's £220*3 and £80-100*3 if it stays as currently set. That's £900 on the trip for us and I'm going to struggle to justify it.

It's all very much an unknown at this stage
Agreed, although things appear to be opening up and we have a few weeks yet before we need to pull the pin either way ;)

On a positive note I didnt expect the Portugal "red list" pull this early in all honesty
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:41 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:25 pm
I'm hoping it's not 10 days at home as that'd be a deal breaker for us. We could manage 5, but 10 would be a no go.

It's still not fully clear on the testing rules, especially for kids too. Both outbound and on return. That could still get very salty as it's £220*3 and £80-100*3 if it stays as currently set. That's £900 on the trip for us and I'm going to struggle to justify it.

It's all very much an unknown at this stage
Agreed, although things appear to be opening up and we have a few weeks yet before we need to pull the pin either way ;)

On a positive note I didnt expect the Portugal "red list" pull this early in all honesty
In was in the Sunday paper according to the wife.

I'm not meaning to be negative here by the way.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Yep good news, although not counting any chickens yet until Portugal relax things for UK visitors.

And in other news we (that's me, my OH and 2xtwins here ) have just had our outbound Easyjet flights canceled - we were going out on Thursday 27th afternoon, but now there are no EZ flights that day or Friday from Gatwick now so it looks like we'll have to fly out from Luton
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:23 am Yep good news, although not counting any chickens yet until Portugal relax things for UK visitors.

And in other news we (that's me, my OH and 2xtwins here ) have just had our outbound Easyjet flights canceled - we were going out on Thursday 27th afternoon, but now there are no EZ flights that day or Friday from Gatwick now so it looks like we'll have to fly out from Luton
Oh what a sodding pain. Will you then fly back to Luton or Gatwick as that will complicate cars/transport etc of course.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Looks like there's a decent time flight back from Faro to Luton on the Tuesday so I think we'll just switch completely to Luton, as you say, just creates hassle going in and out of different UK airports
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:30 am Looks like there's a decent time flight back from Faro to Luton on the Tuesday so I think we'll just switch completely to Luton, as you say, just creates hassle going in and out of different UK airports
my mailbox is currently empty from Easyjet, so ours is still as it was..... For now.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Tricky wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:30 am Looks like there's a decent time flight back from Faro to Luton on the Tuesday so I think we'll just switch completely to Luton, as you say, just creates hassle going in and out of different UK airports
My Ryanair flight was supposed to be mid afternoon Tuesday, its now been moved to 1015 in the morning so no relaxing day after for me :mrgreen:
fil2

Post by fil2 »

so Portugal coming off the red list = no 10 day in a hotel at 1750 ! that's a huge result and one of the game changers for me if it's still the case in may !! so looks like either a vaccine passport or covid test at airport is highly likely but other than that we could be going !!!!!!!!!! Portugal of the red list is a massive step forward imho ! we may have to quarantine in UK at home for 5 days but seeing as we land Wednesday and most are wfh lol then back to " work " Monday job done !.....im feeling positive !! who is with me OR are the negative ppl gonna pipe up and say nope not happening lol !
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Still very much in the balance I reckon. Will we need 1 or 2 jabs to be allowed entry.?? and there's still time for it to go tits up again over there. Think we're doing well here but eu. ???

Done that for you Mr Weeks. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
fil2

Post by fil2 »

Dodgy knees wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:51 pm Still very much in the balance I reckon. Will we need 1 or 2 jabs to be allowed entry.?? and there's still time for it to go tits up again over there. Think we're doing well here but eu. ???

Jesus wept !!

indications from Europe are either vaccine passport ! or negative covid test within 72hrs !! all im saying is that it just got massively more likely now of the red list and no 10 day quarantine in hotel which is a non-starter for prolly 99%...…………...
2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

Well, I'm on the same flights as Tricky and his better half so we're fully committed to going....allied to which, being an old and infirm fecker, I should have had my second jab by then (first was at the beginning of last month).

Only potential fly in the ointment is repatriation insurance as I'm still on a significant number of heart meds and I'm still awaiting a call back from the insurance company as to whether 1) they will cover me and 2) cost if they do... :think:

Otherwise, I'll be there

Kev
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

fil2 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:06 pm
Dodgy knees wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:51 pm Still very much in the balance I reckon. Will we need 1 or 2 jabs to be allowed entry.?? and there's still time for it to go tits up again over there. Think we're doing well here but eu. ???

Jesus wept !!

indications from Europe are either vaccine passport ! or negative covid test within 72hrs !! all im saying is that it just got massively more likely now of the red list and no 10 day quarantine in hotel which is a non-starter for prolly 99%...…………...
Agreed, Portugal dropping off the UK's red list is great news, but the current deal breaker is the requirement for anyone coming from UK to have to self isolate in Portugal for 14 days on landing, and we obviously need that to change.

This is still the current situation, according to visitportugal.com , last updated day before yesterday.
Fingers crossed the requirement to isolate on arrival will be relaxed after the end of this month

Flights from the United Kingdom and from Brazil
All commercial or private flights between Portugal and the United Kingdom and between Portugal and Brazil are suspended. Except for the right of entry for national citizens and their families and holders of residence permits in Portugal, only on flights of a humanitarian nature for the purpose of repatriation of those citizens. These passengers will have to present, at the time of departure, proof of a RT-PCR test with a negative result, carried out within 72 hours prior to departure time. Upon arriving in the national territory, they must comply with a period of 14 days of quarantine at home, or in a place indicated by the health authorities.
https://www.visitportugal.com/en/conten ... d-portugal
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Eeek. Wasn't actually aware of that one.
fil2

Post by fil2 »

Tricky wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:48 pm
fil2 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Jesus wept !!

Agreed, Portugal dropping off the UK's red list is great news, but the current deal breaker is the requirement for anyone coming from UK to have to self isolate in Portugal for 14 days on landing, and we obviously need that to change.

This is still the current situation, according to visitportugal.com , last updated day before yesterday.
Fingers crossed the requirement to isolate on arrival will be relaxed after the end of this month

Flights from the United Kingdom and from Brazil
All commercial or private flights between Portugal and the United Kingdom and between Portugal and Brazil are suspended. Except for the right of entry for national citizens and their families and holders of residence permits in Portugal, only on flights of a humanitarian nature for the purpose of repatriation of those citizens. These passengers will have to present, at the time of departure, proof of a RT-PCR test with a negative result, carried out within 72 hours prior to departure time. Upon arriving in the national territory, they must comply with a period of 14 days of quarantine at home, or in a place indicated by the health authorities.
https://www.visitportugal.com/en/conten ... d-portugal
that will change I'm 100% certain !..as that pretty much wipes out tourism for Portugal.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

fil2 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pm
that will change I'm 100% certain !..as that pretty much wipes out tourism for Portugal.
I agree completely that will change fairly soon......funnily enough it seems the UK has gone from the status of pariah to welcome due to the large vaccine roll out in comparison to the EU countries. Turkey have even said they dont need a negative PCR or vaccination cert from UK tourists as our figures are going down and vaccines going up quickly.

I get my first jab Saturday and will try and get second in before end of May but not expecting it.

The 14 day inbound quarantine would make it a no go for NL anyway unless they could sell all the spots to Portuguese riders as i doubt any UK rider (bar the very rich and retired) could manage to comply with that
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

It the shit hits the fan, I've got a backup plan :)

https://www.focusedevents.com/jerez-27- ... ckday-1115
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

FWIW i've pinged NL a mail this morning, it's 3 weeks since our last contact, so thought i'd see what they've got as far as thoughts, obviously they only have the same info we have in the UK, but it's possible they chat to people at the circuit etc, so, lets see what they say and when.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Wow... quick reply
We are waiting for the government update scheduled for 12th April before any decisions are made. The circuits will be open and ready to receive us however we will be guided by the government guidelines.

Thanks
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:39 am Wow... quick reply
We are waiting for the government update scheduled for 12th April before any decisions are made. The circuits will be open and ready to receive us however we will be guided by the government guidelines.

Thanks
Pretty much what i got a few weeks ago ....they wont make any decision till then and the only way they will defer/cancel the event is if UK Gov keeps travel restrictions in place or places restrictions on return quarantine. The way PR is coming out of the foreign office at the moment seems to be a precursor for making us a closed island for a couple of months to avoid importing any foreign variants into our nice vaccination programme and putting up barriers to the Europe "third wave"
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:53 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:39 am Wow... quick reply

Thanks
Pretty much what i got a few weeks ago ....they wont make any decision till then and the only way they will defer/cancel the event is if UK Gov keeps travel restrictions in place or places restrictions on return quarantine. The way PR is coming out of the foreign office at the moment seems to be a precursor for making us a closed island for a couple of months to avoid importing any foreign variants into our nice vaccination programme and putting up barriers to the Europe "third wave"
I'd love to argue with you. But I'm struggling matey.

Everything I see says "no"