I prefer riding my EMTB to riding a motorcycle

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
Cousin Jack

Re: I prefer riding my EMTB to riding a motorcycle

Post by Cousin Jack »

Gedge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:15 pm We used to raise the bottom brackets and get the local garage to weld or braze them back up, we used to make extended forks by curing the bottoms of a one pair and sliding the legs over before welding them up, and our favourite in the days before changeable chain rings was to Nick the crank of a kiddie trike, cut of the chain ring and weld it to adult pedal arms ...motox handlebars packed out with old coke cans... etc etc
#
We also invented the throwaway culture.

One evening scavenging, three evenings bolting bits together, one evening riding, throw it all away and start again.

Welding? That was serious stuff, at 13 we didn't know about welding.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:26 pm
Gedge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:15 pm We used to raise the bottom brackets and get the local garage to weld or braze them back up, we used to make extended forks by curing the bottoms of a one pair and sliding the legs over before welding them up, and our favourite in the days before changeable chain rings was to Nick the crank of a kiddie trike, cut of the chain ring and weld it to adult pedal arms ...motox handlebars packed out with old coke cans... etc etc
#
We also invented the throwaway culture.

One evening scavenging, three evenings bolting bits together, one evening riding, throw it all away and start again.

Welding? That was serious stuff, at 13 we didn't know about welding.
We had a friendly neighbour that we would pop in and get him to do stuff ... I think anything to get rid of us out of his workshop ....
blokeuptheroad

Post by blokeuptheroad »

I'm drifting back into motorbikes after a few fallow years, and enjoying it but if forced to choose between them and mountain bikes it would be the latter. I took them up late in life and am severely under talented, but I absolutely love mountain biking. An hour or two on my own on local trails really sorts my head out. I like quite nadgery natural singletrack and when I ride it I am so utterly focussed and absorbed in the moment there is no room in my head for all the rubbish that sometimes gets me down. That's my definition of mindfulness.

It helps that my grown up kids are into it , so when we are allowed, meeting my lad at Llandegla or my daughter at FoD is a brilliant bonding thing as well as a great laugh. Occasionally when the stars align we all get to bike park Wales. The best fun you can have on two wheels. Epic.

As long as I'm fit and well enough to keep riding I will. The fact it helps keep you fit and healthy (bar the odd OTB) is a bonus.

I don't have an E-mtb yet, but I can see one in my future.
fatgit

Post by fatgit »

Hi
I mainly ride with mates none of whom have ebikes so I’ve resisted up until now.
When I’m with my mates I ride a normal bike but Personal circumstances mean I have more time available than my mate so going to split it between the motorbikes and my new ebike-Merida e160.
Basically hoping to double the fun for the trips out on my own.
Cheers
Steve
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Been out today with my mate on ebikes, 20 miles in the mud, he's got 5 motorcycles, I've got 4, but we both spend loads more time riding the EMTBs than motorcycles.
Honda Owner
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Took the Haibike to the Viking Trail at Tunstall in Suffolk today, this is 10 miles of tight, twisty and bumpy single track that winds it's way through the forest, not too muddy, but it was hard work, 29" wheels and wide handle bars didn't work well, what's more embarrassing is that 5 years ago I could do a lap in an hour on a Carrera clockwork bike, it took that today on an eBike.
Honda Owner