What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Skub

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Skub »

How did you move that baby into the workshop?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Skub wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:53 pm How did you move that baby into the workshop?
Asked a farmer mate with a Telehandler to poke it in the workshop - an then rolled it on scaffold tubes - levers - swearing (don’t underestimate the value of four letter words) with the help of my neighbour.

Had to move the lathe - empty the entire garage and then put it all back.... I’m fucked.
48B49FD8-057D-4991-A764-1B35690FA01D.jpeg
48B49FD8-057D-4991-A764-1B35690FA01D.jpeg (268 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Attachments
E6DF3145-13CB-4CCF-A998-B4F15DCA23C2.jpeg
E6DF3145-13CB-4CCF-A998-B4F15DCA23C2.jpeg (277.79 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Skub

Post by Skub »

I bet you are,but pleasantly fucked,knowing the job is well done is much better than being fucked and the job still needs doing.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:33 pm 20210227_162752.jpg
20210226_200550.jpg
20210226_200550.jpg (190.73 KiB) Viewed 846 times
;) :D

Not jealous at all ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Well I baked teh birthday cake and made the icing. Going to put it together then decorate tomorrow

Made some lemon meringues - not sure I like them but not sure why. Possibly can't taste them well enough? Will make a few more tomorrow to take to the birthday celebrations!

Listened to more than watched the rugby.

Two of the 'bubble' have a chalet and the Mr half has suggested we all watch the last Saturday at their place. Not exactly sure how many are into rugby, but if a handful are that would be cool. We'd have to stay in the chalet too!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Into town for a bit of a walkabout around the amphitheatre - it was flooded, bloody Romans!

Then back for a ride on the bike - won't start, despite new plugs. :( Fettled the battery leads and now charged but probly the battery is on the way out.
Went to the dump instead and then fixed the sink, it drips occasionally, really annoying, which I've been meaning to do for years.

Steak and chips for tea!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I have the spring cleaning bug, took a car load of rubbish out of the garage to the tip, well two of them as at the first the queue was so long it would shut by the time I got to the gate.
Put the folding camper up on Gumtree to clear more garage space but after my first viewing pulled out due to worry about covid fines I realised this may take longer than i hoped. I optimistically reorganised the garage to make it easier to get the camper out for viewings, tomorrow I'm going to crawl under it to check tyre pressures before rolling it out and seeing if it's in a sellable condition.
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Stuck two fingers up at IKEA...

Wardrobe system and matching drawers says you can’t have a drawer at the bottom (leaving a useless 120mm gap) if you want hinged doors on said wardrobes.

Well, fuck you Ikea, you can if you are prepared to cut the width of the drawers down by 12mm, mount the drawer sliders at the very bottom of the wardrobe carcass with 6mm MDF strips along the sides and ensure there are no self closing hinges at the bottom of the doors.

While a trained eye would spot the difference in the width of the drawer front, it is barely noticeable.

WTF IKEA couldn’t just design the drawers to be 12mm narrower and shallower and I wouldn’t have needed to mess around. Although I did get to use power tools :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Installed the solar panel and charger for the motorbike shed, just need to wait for a few bits of sikaflex to go off and an optimate extension lead and its all done.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Decorated a birthday cake and made some sausage rolls :) Cake was cherry and chocolate. Sparkly candles and the '40' candles were added when we go there

Bloody good job I didn't go for 40 candles as the wind started up just as we went to light them!! LOL

Then walked across to Lac Vert.

That is the lake. As we were leaving a family had arrived and the kids were playing on the frozen lake, one of them was using his heel to see if he could break the ice :roll:

Ideal spot - Mont Blanc in the background

Tourist information at foot level at the moment :lol:

Fabulous spot for a meet up and (usually) BBQ

In the winter the bbqs and tables tend to get a bit buried!! LOL

Some of the others arrived with shovels so made the table more accessible for use as a food point!! LOL

It really isn't far. I've done it a few times (not this year tho) so I really don't know why I feel as if I'm about 312. Damn I ache a LOT!! LOL Possibly the standing on the snow (in the sun) for four hours I guess.

Worth it though. And the birthday cake was appreciated!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:17 pm Next stop https://www.ikeahackers.net/!
That’s where I got the inspiration. :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got in the wrong fucking line at Costco for gas.
Only two pumps in the left most line, but there was some retarded moron in the front pump that apparently had never gassed up a car before. Three other people in front of me used the other pump to fill & leave while she faffed about in spite of the attendant & two other drivers trying to get her sorted out.

Then I picked up a couple of gallons of RainX screen wash on the way home. Filled the rezzy, gave it a squirt.. odd, new wipers don't seem to be working very well. Decide to give them a wipe...

That's when I discovered they came with a protective cover that I had failed to notice when I installed them three weeks ago... They work a LOT better with that removed...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I sold my camper to an excited family, I'm just praying they get home ok after I hitched it to their car. Now it's out of the garage I can see the tanking is flaking off the garage walls so that's another job to do. Once that is done I can start turning it into more of a workshop.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went to sit in the sun, had to keep my hoodie on to protect the sunburnt neck from more sun!! (Did you know that sunburn directly translates from French as 'hit from the sun' !! ). Took a longer way home so had a little walk

Chilled a bit at home - watched James Martin's programme from Saturday (I record it) so that cheered me up a bit!!

Then had physio. Both of us in better spirits today, so some laughs were had! Especially about the rugby :roll: (He smashed his ankle in a parapente (paragliding) accident back in September and is having issues with the metal work)

Home to do some prep for some chinese takeaway style cooking tomorrow :)

Tomorrow I'm really going to get the touring skis out. Not bail again like I have for the last week!! LOL
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Went for a ride on the bike. :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Only local occifer, I was always within about 20 miles of home, at least as the crow flies. Nevertheless a real ride, 100+ miles and about 6 hours, exploring all sorts of nadgery little roads and odd places some of which I have never been to before. Weather was cloudy to start, and brilliant later.

i am a happy bunny this evening. :D
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Day 3 of bathroom renovation project ..... nearly done :thumbup:
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 pm Day 3 of bathroom renovation project ..... nearly done :thumbup:
What shade of pink?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Bigyin wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 pm Day 3 of bathroom renovation project ..... nearly done :thumbup:
What shade of pink?
I'm sure that, whatever shade, you would consider it kitsch :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:54 pm
What shade of pink?
Its called copper red wall panelling ..... this pic is from the company website as its easier than trying to explain