Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Post by weeksy »

I still say, jump to Parcmotor asap.

The problem comes, we sit and wait till April, by then, the dates they have are all fully booked. It then gets either moved over to 2022 or used as UK credit and we lose flights.

The 10 day isolation plus the Covid test on the way out and back, to be in a place where everyone is worrying about picking up a knife and fork just in case, or a curfew in being outside and having to wear masks all the time, I'd rather throw away my £600 and £600 worth of flights and stay home.

I don't see a good answer here, but I'm pretty bloody convinced it's not Portugal in May lol.

That said, I won't do it, unless people here agree. I feel somewhat an all for one and one for all type thing here, I also feel somewhat responsible as many only booked as it's my trip. So I'm not going to do anything. But at this stage, I'd also say, you're going without me. Neither myself or Ceri are feeling it and I don't intend putting my boy through this stuff if I can help it.

Neither of us here are over 50, so I don't see us having the vaccine before then, nor my lad.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

How about Laguna Seca ? You know you want to :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:23 pm How about Laguna Seca ? You know you want to :)
With Americans, Sheesh, I'd rather swim with crocodiles
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

weeksy wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:14 pm I still say, jump to Parcmotor asap.

The problem comes, we sit and wait till April, by then, the dates they have are all fully booked. It then gets either moved over to 2022 or used as UK credit and we lose flights.

The 10 day isolation plus the Covid test on the way out and back, to be in a place where everyone is worrying about picking up a knife and fork just in case, or a curfew in being outside and having to wear masks all the time, I'd rather throw away my £600 and £600 worth of flights and stay home.

I don't see a good answer here, but I'm pretty bloody convinced it's not Portugal in May lol.

That said, I won't do it, unless people here agree. I feel somewhat an all for one and one for all type thing here, I also feel somewhat responsible as many only booked as it's my trip. So I'm not going to do anything. But at this stage, I'd also say, you're going without me. Neither myself or Ceri are feeling it and I don't intend putting my boy through this stuff if I can help it.

Neither of us here are over 50, so I don't see us having the vaccine before then, nor my lad.
The situation is totally gutting but I'd guess most would agree with you x
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Noggin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:28 pm

The situation is totally gutting but I'd guess most would agree with you x
They don't currently, which is fine. Everyone is completely entitled to their own thoughts on this, it's a completely unprecedented situation and if everyone pulled out I'd understand 100%
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Ultimately, it is your party and that's why we're going, but if these countries need vaccine passport proof, some may not have it by October or be very tight. Maybe a euro trackday would be better left until next year and just bang in a few UKs. Thinking out loud again. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:59 pm Ultimately, it is your party and that's why we're going, but if these countries need vaccine passport proof, some may not have it by October or be very tight. Maybe a euro trackday would be better left until next year and just bang in a few UKs. Thinking out loud again. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It is my party, but when I planned it it was a simple party and fun, the current situation is keeping me awake at night with a sense of responsibility for people throwing money down the drain.
I don't want people to feel an obligation if I say "no not going" and then people bail on my say so. I'd hope the people who still want to go, still go, even without me.

That would arguably be the sensible thing yup. It also gives the possibility that NL cancel it before the balance due date and people get full credit back for either UK this year or even next year.

From my own perspective we'd then likely go to France in August to a place we usually do, which imo would massively limit any risk as we'd only go to the bread shop lol
G.P

Post by G.P »

So despite saying you will wait and see what happens, you are now saying you're not going?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:10 pm

So despite saying you will wait and see what happens, you are now saying you're not going?
1. I think it's very unlikely we'll be able to go anyway
2. Just because we can, doesn't mean I'm prepared to get on a plane and stand with people in a busy airport etc. I'm all for a bit of risk, but that really fills me with massive dread.

As I say, I'll sit and wait it out with everyone until April. But I'm promising nothing in terms of whether I'd actually attend at this stage.
G.P

Post by G.P »

!. - I think you may be right and I'm happy to go in 2022 instead if that's what's offered.
2. - I find it odd that you're filled with "massive dread" when the World Health Organisation and Chief Medical Officers from each Country will only give the OK for free travel when the numbers are right.

I've zero interest in Parcmotor, I'd rather do a delayed birthday Bash when we can all go to Portimao
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:23 pm 2. - I find it odd that you're filled with "massive dread" when the World Health Organisation and Chief Medical Officers from each Country will only give the OK for free travel when the numbers are right.
Ive been to the supermarket once since Nov, I didn't enjoy it at all.
I was discussing with Crust on this aspect the other day and I think he was right about me living in a little bubble over here in the village, he sees people day in day out in work, sone go off sick, some come back, the repeated, whereas I don't deal with anyone apart from the wife and boy. None of us see anyone else. So he's become almost immune to the situation.

I don't really want to drag a political based debate in, but just because someone says "you can go to..." Doesn't mean I'm convinced. They said "go see family at Xmas", we've had tens of thousands infected and many due because they did exactly that. Their numbers and my numbers may not align.

The actual date of Portimao doesn't matter to me, the birthday was just an excuse to persuade you lot to all go, I'd be more than happy to wait for the no go from NL and rebook to May 2022. More thanmm.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Yep, I do all our shopping etc so experience the social distancing and wearing of masks most days, It becomes normal.

I'm just super excited about riding Portimao. Mrs GP is same about going back to her favourite beaches / coastline too :)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

G.P wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:23 pm
I've zero interest in Parcmotor, I'd rather do a delayed birthday Bash when we can all go to Portimao
Thats pretty much my position as well and as i have previously said i would be happy if it was punted to 2022 as long as NL would let us do it. No doubt there would be a hit on shifting flight dates but hey ho.

For me its about that venue as its one track i have looked at many times and wanted to try it, and being in with that particular large group at that track just adds to it. I have looked at Parcmotor and it doesnt appeal to me at all and might as well be Silverstone which i also wouldnt book with flat and fast corners. Add to the fact the weather in that part of Spain that time of year can be as bad as here

I also live in a little village bubble and really dont see many people at all anymore although i do visit the supermarket once a week outside the normal busier shopping hours as the wife doesnt really leave the house apart from to work in the care home
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

From my perspective that all sounds like a win win.

It really would sit a lot happier with me.

That doesn't mean you lot can't all bugger off there in May of course, but you're all going back next year too don't forget :banana-dance:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I doubt young Weeksy will have his jab by trip time. Some of us won't. I've also got little interest in parcmotor in October and that could also go tips up anyway. We've tuned into the idea of portimeo in sunshine. I'm happy with a 2022 portimeo trip.

I just hope NL don't give us a rock and a hard place choice.
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Wtf am I going to do with t-shirt designs now.

I feel like Del Trotter having all the wrong goods !
Rp1

Post by Rp1 »

Not that I was going on this, but I have already written off any thoughts of a Euro TD this year, and i am also so thinking the same for UK days
Already have £1k worth of credit notes with with FE from last year's event that we couldn't go on, to many things don't sit/feel right again for this year too, but fair play to FE who have said the credit will be be valid until August next year, can't deal be bothered with booking things not knowing that it will happen or not, understand everyone will feel different about this but for me until things are certain I will sit tight
Rp1

Post by Rp1 »

weeksy wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:12 pm Wtf am I going to do with t-shirt designs now.

I feel like Del Trotter having all the wrong goods !
Edit them to say the year that should of been :shifty:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I can't even nip over to Gran Canaria currently as we're all locked down for a while. If Portimao is a no show, then I'm definitely going over to Maspalomas...

http://circuitomaspalomas.com/
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Now just before i post this, i want to say... this isn't a Covid 19 debate/discussion but specifically for the Portimao trip that 15+ of us are booked onto

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 00163.html
Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Grant Shapps said travelling abroad would depend on "everybody having their vaccinations” in the UK – and potentially abroad.

“First of all, everybody having their vaccinations,” the transport secretary said. The government expects the programme to be completed in the autumn.

Ms Minchin, asked: “Until that’s done, these restrictions won’t be lifted?”

“Yes,” Mr Shapps responded, before going on to talk about the prime minister’s planned announcement on 22 February about easing some of the lockdown measures.