What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 am
rodbargee wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:05 am son it law it is. a female SgT Major in air core would be a bit of news!
It's odd how the mind works, I looked at it and looked at it, and could only see sister in-law. So obvious as soon as Noggs said. :lol:
TBF, it took me a couple of reads!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

OK - we've got the SIL bit now, thanks. But Air Corps would read better than core, I think.....
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Started on the decorating.

We moved into a new build 4 years ago and everything is looking grubby. Not helped by the micron thick coat of paint that they use.

Ive done the stairwell today which is the bit that's been putting me off starting for weeks.

After all that dreading it wasn't as bad as I thought.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

WFH today so I can be here for delivery of 2 mobiles to replace some broken ones in work cars. Still not arrived!!!
My Clarke impact driver did though!! Now I can adjust the chain on the Sprint ST before it’s MOT.
Oh, booked a COVID test for Monday, can’t get in before then so it looks like Northamptonshire residents are using the service now. Good to see.
Mick
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I watched Contagion this morning on Netflix, not everything is exactly like this pandemic but it's remarkably close.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Been down and made our wills. It's all very formal here and needs to be signed in the Govt offices.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

rodbargee wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 am Bit of good news today My SIL has just been promoted to WO2 doing the job of SGT MAjor (Air core) to say he's chuffed is an understatement :obscene-drinkingcheers: hopefully he can pay for his own roof repair now.
Or do it himself as he will have plenty of spare time now he's a WO.

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/teleworkin ... sappear-to
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Mussels wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:42 pm I watched Contagion this morning on Netflix, not everything is exactly like this pandemic but it's remarkably close.
:clap:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmbl ... -hollywood
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I did more paperwork, shuffling of stuff and a bit of DIY this morning

This afternoon I walked down to 1800 as one of the chalet companies had some out of date (but frozen so still edible) foods. I went down to pick some up and got a lift back. But damn something on the outside of my hips is not happy!! Guess I just need to do more walking to get over the issue, but tis not nice!!

Bu, getting the lift home was great and the freezer is full to the top! (I thought it was full already but with some shuffling of stuff, I made space for the new food and I do think it really is full now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Watching the Martin Lewis Money Show, he mentions that on the show last week (which I didn't watch) that you can now exchange Avios (airmiles) for Nectar points and vice versa.

The bread knife rings her dad who has a 'few' airmiles. He finds a calculator on the tinternets and he can have £41k of Nectar points!
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I have been busy at the 12C Church and sorting out various things. One was to remove a deaded parakeet from the organ pipes. Poor thing fell into the pipe and then got stuck. This was after it has defecated all over the church in various places. So I was up the ladder today to gently remove its body and then into the graveyard to commit it back to the earth and say a few words of prayer and a commital. We try to do things with diginity.

Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

the_priest wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:53 pm Today I have been busy at the 12C Church and sorting out various things. One was to remove a deaded parakeet from the organ pipes. Poor thing fell into the pipe and then got stuck. This was after it has defecated all over the church in various places. So I was up the ladder today to gently remove its body and then into the graveyard to commit it back to the earth and say a few words of prayer and a commital. We try to do things with diginity.

Has it run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisible?
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

That is a remarkable story. The parakeet I mean. Good for you for treating its body with such dignity. I'd have hoyed it in the black bin.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Asian Boss wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 pm That is a remarkable story.
It is indeed a highlight in the dull flotsam that has become our lives in statis whilst this bastard pandemic runs it's course.
I have not recused any parakeets, alive or dead. I have just been working and reading and saving up for when I'm allowed to run amok again.

I can't complain, but I have done nothing of any note recently.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Settling into our new house and finally have my Grandfather’s medals on display. He was one of the “lucky” generation who served in both WWI and WWII

Horse

Post by Horse »

Asian Boss wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 pm That is a remarkable story. The parakeet I mean. Good for you for treating its body with such dignity. I'd have hoyed it in the black bin.
Green bin (garden* & food waste). It would have got reincarnated as compost in someone's garden.

* 'green' seems somehow apposite
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Nidge wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:46 am Settling into our new house and finally have my Grandfather’s medals on display. He was one of the “lucky” generation who served in both WWI and WWII

You'll need to sort that chimney to stop blowbacks. Colt cowls used to do a money back guarantee on their square ones.
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

cheb wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 am
Nidge wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:46 am Settling into our new house and finally have my Grandfather’s medals on display. He was one of the “lucky” generation who served in both WWI and WWII

You'll need to sort that chimney to stop blowbacks. Colt cowls used to do a money back guarantee on their square ones.
Sorry just accidentally reported your post when trying to quote it....

Anyway the sweep said the same - the picture makes it look worse than it is and in the 3 weeks we’ve been here I’ve not noticed and blowback but a new cowl is on the ever increasing list of things to attend to...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nidge wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:09 am

Sorry just accidentally reported your post when trying to quote it....

sheesh, more work :P :P
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

The nuts and bolts arrived for my vice so it’s now bolted to the bench in my shed.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."