What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Bigyin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Bigyin »

Yesterday i was called in at zero notice to Crown Court to give evidence in the last case i put together early 2019 from a job i did at the end of 2017 :shock: :shock:

Thats how long the defence have been fucking about and stringing things along. Spent all day at a deserted court with my old team all sat 2 metres apart with face masks on which is surreal having been at home for so long. It was good to catch up with everyone as we had lost all chance of meeting up for a beer or a fry up for the past few months and 2 retirement drinks were cancelled etc.

I hadnt realised i have avoided the built up areas for so long and lived out in the sticks that they have built an entire office block on a site that used to be a car park in Norwich city centre :mrgreen:

Back in to court this morning and all for 40 minutes stood in the witness box and fuck all the defence could challenge .... Complete waste of time but it was a couple of days out i guess ....back to the coast and into the same routine of cycling and walking again
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've sorted a shed load of paperwork. Sadly, shuffling paper seems to be something that hurts my shoulder (unusual, it's normally my arm that hurts!!) Hey ho I think, seeing the physio tomorrow so all is fine

Nope. Physio has just messaged to say he has to cancel all treatments for around a week as he's had a positive test :o :o

Gutted for him and I'll miss the physio!

Luckily, there is the option to get a free test in resort tomorrow!!! I was already going so no change, but kinda glad it's so soon!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Reclaimed all 8ft of my workbench in the garage by moving all the crap roomie piled in front of it. Discovered one of the boxes was full of my crap. Remounted my Morgan 40 vise on the left end of the bench. Getting a bit motivated about turning wrenches again.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Up early and off to the temporary test centre for 8am. Seems there's a lot of 'it' up here as met a French friend there - one of her kids is in school with another that has tested positive :roll: The centre was really quiet when I went but I reckon they may have a busy day today :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

formula400 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:06 pm Collected MTB

Changing the plaster on my thumb, I was cutting some peppers last night and sliced the top off, bastard took about an hour to stop bleeding. I’ll stick to pastry from now on 🤣🤣🤣
Reminds me of MTB disc brake interface i had about 14 months back.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

went into the bathroom.

Jeeepers ! it's the Day of the Triffids !!!

Image2021-02-03_09-19-22 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:11 pm Yesterday i was called in at zero notice to Crown Court to give evidence in the last case i put together early 2019 from a job i did at the end of 2017 :shock: :shock:

Thats how long the defence have been fucking about and stringing things along. Spent all day at a deserted court with my old team all sat 2 metres apart with face masks on which is surreal having been at home for so long. It was good to catch up with everyone as we had lost all chance of meeting up for a beer or a fry up for the past few months and 2 retirement drinks were cancelled etc.

I hadnt realised i have avoided the built up areas for so long and lived out in the sticks that they have built an entire office block on a site that used to be a car park in Norwich city centre :mrgreen:

Back in to court this morning and all for 40 minutes stood in the witness box and fuck all the defence could challenge .... Complete waste of time but it was a couple of days out i guess ....back to the coast and into the same routine of cycling and walking again
Toys R Us car park by chance? That surprised me too 😂
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:29 am
Yeah....... where the hell did that come from so fast :o

glad it wasnt just me
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:02 am
Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:29 am
Yeah....... where the hell did that come from so fast :o

glad it wasnt just me
I never have been a great one for going to the city, unless I have an express need. Some folks I know go "shopping" nearly every bloody weekend in the city....for the life of me I don't know why. I got caught out by changes like this when they made St Stephens street buses only. I only found out this was so, when the penalty notice dropped through the door. I had to drive back up there and check... :lol:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 am Up early and off to the temporary test centre for 8am. Seems there's a lot of 'it' up here as met a French friend there - one of her kids is in school with another that has tested positive :roll: The centre was really quiet when I went but I reckon they may have a busy day today :(
Woohooo. I'm negative! Well, for now. Not sure but I suspect I should get another test next week before going back to the physio (whenever he's allowed to work again)

Not keen on getting another test (they seem to be going to a lung tissue sample, although can't quite get there it doesn't seem to stop them trying) but I guess it's best to have a second test a week later to be sure!!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just had to go to Tesco to collect a prescription. Queued outside unto the traffic light went green and walked in. Thing was I walked into a sudden rapturous applause! :o Thoughts flashed through my mind, was I the millionth customer and about to win a prize? Was it fecking Noel Edmunds? Turns out it was a "clap for Capt Tom"! :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:28 pm Just had to go to Tesco to collect a prescription. Queued outside unto the traffic light went green and walked in. Thing was I walked into a sudden rapturous applause! :o Thoughts flashed through my mind, was I the millionth customer and about to win a prize? Was it fecking Noel Edmunds? Turns out it was a "clap for Capt Tom"! :lol:
Do you look 100?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:42 pm
Taipan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:28 pm Just had to go to Tesco to collect a prescription. Queued outside unto the traffic light went green and walked in. Thing was I walked into a sudden rapturous applause! :o Thoughts flashed through my mind, was I the millionth customer and about to win a prize? Was it fecking Noel Edmunds? Turns out it was a "clap for Capt Tom"! :lol:
Do you look 100?
90 if I'm a day... :cry:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ordered new hood struts for the Accord.
Went to the Ortho, we've decided to try cortisone in the hips in spite of previous (bizarre looking) allergic reaction.
Faffed about in the garage a bit more, can actually see some of the bench top now.
Gave the big shopvac a clean up.
Dug out a bit of lawn looking for end of pool drain line, found it. It has a 90 on the end that faces up so dirt just falls into the pipe... Already formulated a fix.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Bit of good news today My SIL has just been promoted to WO2 doing the job of SGT MAjor (Air core) to say he's chuffed is an understatement :obscene-drinkingcheers: hopefully he can pay for his own roof repair now.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

rodbargee wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 am Bit of good news today My SIL has just been promoted to WO2 doing the job of SGT MAjor (Air core) to say he's chuffed is an understatement :obscene-drinkingcheers: hopefully he can pay for his own roof repair now.
Help me out. I take SIL to mean sister in-law. I realise I am likely being thick #confused.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:47 am
rodbargee wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 am Bit of good news today My SIL has just been promoted to WO2 doing the job of SGT MAjor (Air core) to say he's chuffed is an understatement :obscene-drinkingcheers: hopefully he can pay for his own roof repair now.
Help me out. I take SIL to mean sister in-law. I realise I am likely being thick #confused.
Son-in-Law??
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Noggin wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:57 am
Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:47 am
Son-in-Law??
yes... that's it. Told you I was being thick. :D
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

son it law it is. a female SgT Major in air core would be a bit of news!
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

rodbargee wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:05 am son it law it is. a female SgT Major in air core would be a bit of news!
It's odd how the mind works, I looked at it and looked at it, and could only see sister in-law. So obvious as soon as Noggs said. :lol: