Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Portimao 29-31 May 2021. RTTL Extravaganza

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

On the one hand thats a fairly neat way of doing it (they put an actuator where the idle adjustment screw is)....on the other hand, I'm not sure I'd want some random 3rd party stuff controlling the throttle!

At least when you've got the stock Kawasaki fly by wire its been through all their reliability testing. After market QSs can generally only take power away, not add it.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 am On the one hand thats a fairly neat way of doing it (they put an actuator where the idle adjustment screw is)....on the other hand, I'm not sure I'd want some random 3rd party stuff controlling the throttle!

At least when you've got the stock Kawasaki fly by wire its been through all their reliability testing. After market QSs can generally only take power away, not add it.
The blipper would be nice, but as I say, we're talking R6 really then, I'm not even 100% if the new generation zx6 have it going down, but either way, we're into big big money which isn't happening. Or certainly not this year.

It's no biggy even if we end up with the current zx6 and a QS for this year's track fun, it's still a cracking bike.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I mean....you could just learn to do it the old fashioned way...

Just saying ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am I mean....you could just learn to do it the old fashioned way...

Just saying ;)
She does it perfectly well thanks, plenty here have been overtaken by her on track. That doesn't mean technical advancement isn't a good thing as I'm sure you know. Might as well just buy a 1930s Rudge using that logic.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:29 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am I mean....you could just learn to do it the old fashioned way...

Just saying ;)
She does it perfectly well thanks, plenty here have been overtaken by her on track. That doesn't mean technical advancement isn't a good thing as I'm sure you know. Might as well just buy a 1930s Rudge using that logic.
Iccy's going?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I would genuinely like to take the Bonneville on track, but I can't for two reasons.

Its fucking loud.
Far more significantly, its actually Mrs Ds bike as she wouldn't let me. :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Well without wanting to be the prophet of doom here.
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-hol ... dwod4L0GaQ
Spain is not the only popular holiday destination closing its doors to British tourists, as Portugal has said it will be suspending all flights to and from Britain from Saturday onwards.
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... ghts/57871
The Prime Minister announced last night that, as of Saturday, there will be a total ban on flights between Portugal and the United Kingdom, with the exception of those that are of a humanitarian nature to repatriate Portuguese and British citizens
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

One of our lot had an idea today. Only I am riding here, but a few coming to watch and start our summer holiday from there.

Lee just noticed that the Catalan MotoGP is the week after, so the plan is to head that way.
And one of the lads has a place in Barcelona and he's making the right noises :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Was just checking on the booking today.

Your balance payment is due by Thursday, 08 Apr 2021. (71 days from today)

So still a while to go before we have to decide. However it could get quite complicated now with the new potential rules of 10 days in a hotel (at your expense, not the governments) on your return. (( this may be reduced to 5 with a negative test)).

I guess the question is, will No Limits make a decision on yes/no before the 08th April. If they cancel it then we'll have no issues transferring it to 2022.. However if they don't we then have to decide to pay the remainder or not. Then if they DO cancel it, we'd get £2000 of 'credit' with them... which i guess we could just move over to 2022's trip, but does seem like a bit of a stretch.

Not actually sure what the point of this post really was.... Becuase it's still a way out.. But obviously every day it's getting closer and closer and some days i'm optimistic, but at the moment i'm mostly perssimistic.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Hmm, would you really be happy with a credit? It could be a lot of money for some folk.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:39 pm Hmm, would you really be happy with a credit? It could be a lot of money for some folk.
Well there's a question. Currently we've all paid about £270 each, which if that came back as a credit, i'd be happy with.

If we go all in and pay the full trip amount, that's £2000 which i'd be less likely to want as a credit. However, i get the impression other places that it's likely to be a credit rather than a refund we'd end up with.

Which is all part of the dilemma.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I'm waiting to book hotels a lot nearer the time. It's not like they're gonna be full ;)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I would be extremely reluctant to pay the outstanding balance given that the circumstances have changed completely worldwide since we initiallly booked. The additional expense for hotel self isolation on return would scupper a lot of people in addition to the loss of earnings for that period.

A credit for what i have paid already would be my preferred option and then argue with Ryanair for crediting the flights or refunding them as they were paid on credit card.

Unless we get to go ahead of course within the next 2 months :thumbsup:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I think we'll be very fortunate if this date goes ahead. Bit too soon for the vaccine race. Big decisions in April and I for one, won't be taking any silly risks regarding isolating etc.
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm A credit for what i have paid already would be my preferred option
NL have kinda moved the goalposts a bit this year compared to what they were doing and now they're playing by their T&Cs it seems. Which is fair enough, but a little unfair on us as they were refunding or crediting people fully last year.
Overseas bookings (excluding special events i.e., Philip Island):

Cancellation 30 days or more notice, (from the event start date):

Subject to a 30% cancellation charge of the full amount of the event, including any additional accommodation costs.

Cancellation Between 29 Days and 21 Days (from the event start date):

Subject to a 50% cancellation charge of the full amount of the event, including any additional accommodation costs.

Cancellation of less than 21 Days (from the event start date):

No refund
So in simple terms, with either pay the remainder, or we lose the deposit. There's no middle ground.

There is the possibility that NL/Portugal/EU rules/sanctions mean it's completely off the cards due to flights for example, but whether that would be before the remainder is due to be paid,i can't say.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm I would be extremely reluctant to pay the outstanding balance given that the circumstances have changed completely worldwide since we initiallly booked. The additional expense for hotel self isolation on return would scupper a lot of people in addition to the loss of earnings for that period.

A credit for what i have paid already would be my preferred option and then argue with Ryanair for crediting the flights or refunding them as they were paid on credit card.

Unless we get to go ahead of course within the next 2 months :thumbsup:
Easyjet have been allowing flights to be moved (mostly) for free, so could be worth shifting to a weekend next year if no refund (Easyjet credits weren't always the same value as the flights :( ) and then to the correct date when it's known?

weeksy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:57 am
NL have kinda moved the goalposts a bit this year compared to what they were doing and now they're playing by their T&Cs it seems. Which is fair enough, but a little unfair on us as they were refunding or crediting people fully last year.
Overseas bookings (excluding special events i.e., Philip Island):

Cancellation 30 days or more notice, (from the event start date):

Subject to a 30% cancellation charge of the full amount of the event, including any additional accommodation costs.

Cancellation Between 29 Days and 21 Days (from the event start date):

Subject to a 50% cancellation charge of the full amount of the event, including any additional accommodation costs.

Cancellation of less than 21 Days (from the event start date):

No refund
So in simple terms, with either pay the remainder, or we lose the deposit. There's no middle ground.

There is the possibility that NL/Portugal/EU rules/sanctions mean it's completely off the cards due to flights for example, but whether that would be before the remainder is due to be paid,i can't say.
That sucks a bit in the situation. As you aren't choosing to cancel, you can't go. Don't suppose Travel Insurance is any use if you can't get a refund?

Will they transfer to next year without a charge?
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

They're gonna have to make a decision if they're gonna cancel.
Wonder if they'll decide after reading the above ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Easyjet are fine yeah, they'll trasnfer multiple times.

Well, the argument will be 'you are choosing to cancel as the event is still running' so will come down to personal preference. If the event is cancelled or we're not allowed to fly, there's no argument then. It's only an issue if the event is still on.

No transfer to another date allowed. (unless it's cancelled)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:12 pm Easyjet are fine yeah, they'll trasnfer multiple times.

Well, the argument will be 'you are choosing to cancel as the event is still running' so will come down to personal preference. If the event is cancelled or we're not allowed to fly, there's no argument then. It's only an issue if the event is still on.

That sucks about the transfer to another date. Given the block on flights it would be good customer relations to allow all that have put a deposit for this year to transfer to next year. I get that they want to wait until its officially cancelled but that puts all of the people that have booked in the position of having to pay in full (for the TD at least) and hope that the cancellation happens

Gutted for you that it's so stressful :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:15 pm
weeksy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:12 pm Easyjet are fine yeah, they'll trasnfer multiple times.

That sucks about the transfer to another date. Given the block on flights it would be good customer relations to allow all that have put a deposit for this year to transfer to next year. I get that they want to wait until its officially cancelled but that puts all of the people that have booked in the position of having to pay in full (for the TD at least) and hope that the cancellation happens

Gutted for you that it's so stressful :( :(
they'll be in a crap position too i guess as theyll have paid deposits to circuits, haulage companies and circuits.