Have Derbyshire police lost the plot?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Wreckless Rat

Re: Have Derbyshire police lost the plot?

Post by Wreckless Rat »

derek badger wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:57 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:40 pm should have shagged the living daylights out of them, up the gary, no lube. That'd learn 'em.
Good shout. At least you wouldn't have to look at their pouting 'real housewives of Leicestershire' faces. :thumbup:

You guys must have high standards, Jesus I’ve fucked far far worse than them. I even fucked a scouser bird once... 🤢🤮
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:32 pm
derek badger wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:57 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:40 pm should have shagged the living daylights out of them, up the gary, no lube. That'd learn 'em.
Good shout. At least you wouldn't have to look at their pouting 'real housewives of Leicestershire' faces. :thumbup:

You guys must have high standards, Jesus I’ve fucked far far worse than them. I even fucked a scouser bird once... 🤢🤮
:D

They look like they're off to Aintree for Lady's Day to be fair.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 pm
You should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
So yeah, they're breaching the guidance.

I would've said they're breaking the law, but I honestly don't know what's guidance and what's law ATM. Hence why I am sticking to the guidance.

Edit. I would say that if you have to drive there to exercise then it ain't local. If you ran the 5 miles I might feel differently :D
Guidance is guidance, law is law. The Highway Code, for instance, tells us what we SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do (guidance) and what we MUST or MUST NOT do (law). It is not against the law to disregard guidance, otherwise it would be law.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

The lockdown is now law.

I just dunno if the law says "do what the guidance says" or it's more specific or what.
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Lockdown schmockdown. They're fit. I'd bum them into the middle of next week. :thumbup:
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:25 pm The lockdown is now law.

I just dunno if the law says "do what the guidance says" or it's more specific or what.
If the government wanted the guidance to be the law they would have put it into the law and called it the law.
neilf

Post by neilf »

Gedge wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:00 pm
neilf wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:20 pm This is very local to me, one "problem" for them although it is only 5 miles they have gone from a Leicestershire postcode to a Derbyshire one, still in my opinion very harsh. There is a picture of at least three police vehicles and 4 or 5 employees at the main entrance to Calke in the local press, and one person who lives 5 miles away got fined there yesterday. They are supposed to have stopped and chatted to the officers, who then when they offered to drive home slapped them with a fine. Howcome if your car or house is being broken into and you phone the police they are undermanned and can't send anyone?
So did I break the law yesterday? I travelled into work from an LE postcode to a DE one, with the wife and one of the dogs. The job I do we can't WFH, but instead of travelling home together me and the dog walked the 8.5 miles home across the "local" footpaths. So should I turn myself in and pay the fine? :crazy:
Why is going through Leicestershire a problem ? All country is in lockdown so as I understand it Tier boundaries don’t apply , so the only requirement is essential travel or travel in order to exercise ..

A half decent solicitor should be able to drive a horse and carriage through this case ..
I totally agree Leicestershire police have stated they wouldn't have dished out a fine, Derbyshire did I suppose that was a problem to them . Would be easier to say you can't drive to exercise....
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 pm
If the government wanted the guidance to be the law they would have put it into the law and called it the law.
AFAIA, and I could be wrong, but the absolutes (can’t go to someone else’s house, wear masks in shops etc) are law, things like travelling for exercise are guidance as long as you’re doing it under the right conditions (from people within your own household).
ogri

Post by ogri »

Damned if you do, danmed if you do not.
Many have critizised old bill for not stopping peeps from spreading/travelling, just as many whinge when they do!
An even balance is hard to reach in the best of times. A balanced attitude has to be attempted/displayed from all sides.
And yes i do 'go out' even thougfh i have been strongly advised to shield, no immune system due to rheumatoid arthritis drugs.
I got out early (bloody cold), over the hill to avoid people, for a short ride then to tesco to get bread/milk for the day every other day for my mental health, while the wife is at werk.
The other days i walk to the nearest shop to get supplies and alcohol for my exercise.
On a wed and sat i ride into town to visit and check on my vulnerable mother who lives on her own and refused to stay in :P
Ignorance is bliss
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Asian Boss wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:32 pm Lockdown schmockdown. They're fit. I'd bum them into the middle of next week. :thumbup:
You'd probably catch more than corona knowing ashby lasses.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

The fact police are issuing fines would suggest its the law :D

The 2020 lockdowns definitely made visiting other houses, going out without 'reasonable excuse' etc illegal - act of Parliament and all the rest of it.

Like I said I don't know what aspects of the current system are hard laws and which aren't. I see no reason to test it :lol: I see several reasons not to in fact!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

OTOH the law has occasionally been proved to be an ass. Perhaps they were trying to save donkeykind
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 pmThe fact police are issuing fines would suggest its the law :D

Makes you wonder why we go to the expense of having courts and judges if police get it right every time. :D
cheb

Post by cheb »

irie

Post by irie »

cheb wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:39 am Ah, a review of the fines. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-55594244
The guidance said: "The Covid regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs [fixed penalty notices] for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise."

The NPCC added that rather than issue fines for people who travel out of their local area "but are not breaching regulations, officers will encourage people to follow the guidance".

The force has now said it will be "aligning to adhere to this stance".
So the force will now actually comply with the guidance? Good-oh, well done boys. Image
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Good job the PSNI aren't like Derbyshire cops.

We're in lockdown, but yesterday was my busiest day all week, mostly oldiewonks. It's like as soon as the no non essential travel thing comes out, the spring up their arses fires them all out at once. Whiteabbey village was like a summer Sunday, seemingly the whole bloody world was taking it's exercise at once.

We have lying snow in our village and everyone was out mixing as normal, no social distancing here.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Imo... the blame lies at No10.. Guidelines should be simple to follow, with no room for bending.. Different people, different police forces interpret the guidance differently .

If you can drive for exercise, then stipulate how far, if its 5 miles and you've gone 10, your breaking the guidance, you know you are and have no excuse. Yes, in reality it makes no difference but rules need to be simple and straight forward for all.

Happy days. 🙂
Yamaha rocket 3
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If you drive 5 miles in London you move from an area with a few thousand people to an area with a few thousand different people. If you drive 5 miles in the Highlands you might not see another person.

In a similar vein, driving 5 miles in London will take you past hundreds of shops and parks etc, but again in the Highlands you won't even get to the end of the road.

Since the rules are designed to prevent mixing and spreading there needs to be different application in different areas.
Last edited by Mr. Dazzle on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheb

Post by cheb »

How's the 5 miles measured? By road, footpath, as the crow flies? From where on the property to where in the exercise area? There's been case of parents moving a garden gate to be within the catchment area of their chosen school. People will always push their luck.

If I smiled I'd be smiling at the nation of motorcyclists whining about laws and guidelines not being clear enough and it's wrong that people regularly disregard them.
Last edited by cheb on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheb

Post by cheb »

One set of rules to cover the whole of the country? Whine, it doesn't allow for local variations.

Different rules for different parts of the country? Whine, postcode lottery.