How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Is it wrong to be enjoying the lockdown, as a key worker I'm riding my bike to work every day on lovely quiet roads, every morning and afternoon are like riding on a Sunday in the 1980s, I haven't enjoyed motorcycling so much for years.
Honda Owner
Skub

Post by Skub »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 am Is it wrong to be enjoying the lockdown, as a key worker I'm riding my bike to work every day on lovely quiet roads, every morning and afternoon are like riding on a Sunday in the 1980s, I haven't enjoyed motorcycling so much for years.
Nah,I'd take the positives and bin the guilt trip. There's little enough feel good factor about.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Pretty dam good...just had a call, furloughed until may 11. 😁
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm Pretty dam good...just had a call, furloughed until may 11. 😁
That work out OK for you then ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Image49752944406_7d23c3288f_c by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

BBQ chicken fajitas for lunch, sitting in the garden, now back to work :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:21 pm Image49752944406_7d23c3288f_c by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

BBQ chicken fajitas for lunch, sitting in the garden, now back to work :)
Just cos it's your site, doesn't mean you can put up horror pictures :(
Le_Fromage_Grande

I worked from home for a week while I had a cough, I really didn't like it, I need the separation between work and home.
Honda Owner
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 am Is it wrong to be enjoying the lockdown, as a key worker I'm riding my bike to work every day on lovely quiet roads, every morning and afternoon are like riding on a Sunday in the 1980s, I haven't enjoyed motorcycling so much for years.
Theres a few furloughed (or idle rich..) wandering about on the quiet lanes with their ipods going in a world of their own.. Keep an eye open for silly barstards in the middle of the road who wont hear you..
Le_Fromage_Grande

chillitt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:53 pm Theres a few furloughed (or idle rich..) wandering about on the quiet lanes with their ipods going in a world of their own.. Keep an eye open for silly barstards in the middle of the road who wont hear you..
I've come across a few people wandering down the middle of what would normally be busyish roads, I'm also really careful approaching junctions, a lot of drivers are assuming the roads are empty and not looking properly.
I'm only going to and from work though, I'm not using the fastest route, but the one I am using is about the same distance but has some nice bends on it.
Honda Owner
Potter

Post by Potter »

I'm starting to get a bit bored, usually at this point I'd go for a ride along the coast road on my bike, or go sailing if the wind is up, but I'm not allowed any of those things now.

The weekend is coming and I have no idea what I'm going to do.
I can manage a couple of weeks of being only in the house and garden, but after that it gets a bit much.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Weather is good so been doing some stuff that would otherwise be left but I’m starting to get a bit bored now. I don’t like very warm weather so it’s a perfect temperature for me for biking and I so miss not being out on the bike. Every day like this counts in the UK.

It’s very selfish though when people are fighting for their lives and being confined to home won’t last forever. Difficult not to feel a little guilty for even wishing to be doing something else.....
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Key worker but spending 90% of my time WFH.
Calls etc keeping me busy but having to share the house with missus who's doing similar is a pain. Fortunately last few days with the nice weather, she's chilling outside.
I did take an hour outside today tidying up her Giant XTC MTB as it's in a pretty sorry state.... :x
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Just found out Im now eligible for priority booking with Tesco, which will help no end. Not immediately though as I have just stocked up. (Not panic buying stocked up, just sensible levels of stocked up)
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

chillitt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:31 pm Just found out Im now eligible for priority booking with Tesco, which will help no end. Not immediately though as I have just stocked up. (Not panic buying stocked up, just sensible levels of stocked up)
That sounds like a good result and at least you don’t have to worry about getting food and provisions in. :)
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

WelshDragon wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:43 pm
chillitt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:31 pm Just found out Im now eligible for priority booking with Tesco, which will help no end. Not immediately though as I have just stocked up. (Not panic buying stocked up, just sensible levels of stocked up)
That sounds like a good result and at least you don’t have to worry about getting food and provisions in. :)
Yes, just the slow creeping insanity of not seeing any living human people to worry about now. In actual fact not seeing people is probably going to keep me sane... :mrgreen:
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

chillitt wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 pm
WelshDragon wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:43 pm
Yes, just the slow creeping insanity of not seeing any living human people to worry about now. In actual fact not seeing people is probably going to keep me sane... :mrgreen:
Human beings are overrated!! You do know that everything makes more sense when you’re having a conversation with yourself........and you tend not to be able to have a very effective argument either. :lol:

Keep smiling! :thumbup:
crust

Post by crust »

OI!!! Keep the noise down in here, :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

Some of us are still working and apparently although I could work from home, its good to have my face around the factory :(

Because they keep building those emergency hospitals we have to stay open, so although most of the people have been furloughed a skeleton staff will have to carry on :cry:
PitaNaanRoti

Post by PitaNaanRoti »

I f*ckin hate bank holidays.
Get in the way of being able to sort and do stuff thats needed urgently for next week!
Bad enough with shortened opening hours as it is without this bullshit.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Got a new favourite rad channel...Gold UK. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

crust wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:16 pm OI!!! Keep the noise down in here, :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

Some of us are still working and apparently although I could work from home, its good to have my face around the factory :(

Because they keep building those emergency hospitals we have to stay open, so although most of the people have been furloughed a skeleton staff will have to carry on :cry:
Crust you have my admiration and thanks as do all those who continue to keep the wheels turning in so many ways! :clap: :D