What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by cheb »

I had some visitors. I'm not sure who but they used a couple of mugs and washed them up. I wasn't in at the time.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cleaned the roof of my camper and got stuck up there! :roll: Climbed over the fixed awning to get on the toof but when I tried to get back over the ladder kept moving. Fortunately my son was in the garden so he moved the ladder for me. :oops: :D
Skub

Post by Skub »

Went to visit a mate in one of those shitty 'care' homes.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:23 pm oh, and I'm learning (and probably forgetting) a lot of new words, outside the transport course :roll:

One of the guys decided I needed to be set up with another guy. All in good humour to start with. The comments coincided with a conversation about female English tourists/seasonaires and how they get pissed and pick a Frenchie to shag. (He isn't wrong, the young seasonaires do do that. I've never been a young seasonaire!)
Similar to living in Cornwall, except it's fresh meat showing up every week from March through September. One place I lived had a running score scratched on a beach cave wall that was used for shenanigans.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

The data: 11000 steps, 53 'floors', 150 intensity minutes, 2000 kcal burned.

The facts: Had a really nice walk, it was sunny, had a packed lunch.

:lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I forgot - I was called Insolent! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the driving instructor!! Although as he was kind of chatting me up around calling me insolent, I reckon he wasn't serious! :lol: :angelic-green:

Going right on a very small roundabout (we did a lot of bigger ones as the route was on and around the trading estate the school is on) and I wasn't giving the inside enough room to avoid the kerb (which had big blocks on it to stop people cutting the corner I guess).

Rather than saying anything, he was waving his hand in the direction he wanted me to go, but between looking at the mirrors, the road and generally stressing, I couldn't work out which way the hand was circling! LOL

So once through I said "it's easier if you can say left or right (in French obviously) as I can't work out from the hand signals what you want me to do!" This came after he was talking to me through some other roundabouts/situations and I wouldn't converse cos, well, concentrating!! :lol: (He did bring up that women are supposed to be able to multi task and it's the men that aren't supposed to be able to do two things at once!! - just before another roundabout, so I didn't get into that past saying "let me concentrate on the first lesson and next time I'll talk more"!!)

He was laughing when he said I was insolent. I couldn't work out what he meant to start with as it sounded like insult and I was sure I hadn't actually insulted him! But he and one of the other trainees did the translation!

Although, now I've translated it as I'm writing this, it's actually more like cheeky :D

insolente (fr) = insolent, sassy, cheeky, bold (eng)

Sounds like me, right? :angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:35 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:23 pm oh, and I'm learning (and probably forgetting) a lot of new words, outside the transport course :roll:

One of the guys decided I needed to be set up with another guy. All in good humour to start with. The comments coincided with a conversation about female English tourists/seasonaires and how they get pissed and pick a Frenchie to shag. (He isn't wrong, the young seasonaires do do that. I've never been a young seasonaire!)
Similar to living in Cornwall, except it's fresh meat showing up every week from March through September. One place I lived had a running score scratched on a beach cave wall that was used for shenanigans.
TBF, he was probably including the tourists!! :lol:

I've seen a 'tree' written out showing what seasonaires have slept with each other - it's scary and totally proves why clamidya (and probably other nasties) spread so fast in winter, once they are all over the 'shy' stage! Only surprising thing is that there aren't more pregnancies!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:51 am

I've seen a 'tree' written out showing what seasonaires have slept with each other - it's scary and totally proves why clamidya (and probably other nasties) spread so fast in winter, once they are all over the 'shy' stage! Only surprising thing is that there aren't more pregnancies!!
I think I've just come up with a pitch to the TV companies. A soap (working title 'Schuss'...everything goes downhill fast :D ). An everyday story of skiing folk. A bit like Eldorado - with snow. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:49 am
Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:51 am

I think I've just come up with a pitch to the TV companies. A soap (working title 'Schuss'...everything goes downhill fast :D ). An everyday story of skiing folk. A bit like Eldorado - with snow. :lol:
Seasonaire life is worse than any programs you e seen!!! I always tell people it’s an amazing thing for their kids to do. But won’t go into details - apart from “make sure they have a decent alcohol tolerance and understand safe sex even when drunk 🤣🤣🤣

I’m sort of glad I wasn’t a kid when I started seasons!! 🤣🤣🤣
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Impromptu trip to the local VW dealer when the fuel flap on my new car refused to open. Making me look a right eejit at the fuel station. 🤣

It's literally only ever been fueled up twice before - once by the dealer and once by me.

But the actuator was fucked, common problem on VWs apparently 🤦 and they snapped the fuel flap getting it off (so that I can fuel it up in the meantime). So it's booked in for some replacement bits under warranty already. Three weeks in 😱
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm supposed to be away in my camper but my Step Dad was supposed to be being released from hospital and i'd like to be there to see his care package works and he settles back in okay. Now they've confirmed his release date to be Monday the 2nd. D'oh! I should have bubbling urine, but I cant as they've been so nice to him at the rehab centre. Anyway, I've now rebooked a few days away in the camper. :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I had the 'bright' idea at 5am this morning to walk to the school. Only 1.2kms, and we were supposed to drive from 6am then do manoeuvres from about 10am (the second involving a bit of walking around the site of the cones etc).

But, the main instructor was ill, so we started a bit late and we only had one instructor, so both groups ended up doing the manoeuvres from about 7am - 1.30pm :o NOT the day to walk back from school via the supermarket in about 34 degrees :( :(

The walk to work is only a bit over 1km and I started out at about 5.20am. The from there to the supermarket and back to where I'm staying is a bit under 2kms but I started at 14h :( :( No shade on the trading estate (well, a few trees but not in the right places!)

In total today I've done 8 kms, mostly around cones in full sunshine :( :(

Might ride the three minutes to school tomorrow!! LOL (also, tomorrow is a classroom day, so I will probably wear shorts which will make the walk back a bit easier! LOL )

The step app on my phone thinks I'm awesome today with 12,594 steps :lol: :lol: :lol: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

(I'm not awesome, I'm in my room dying! LOL But compared to previous days, ok, I'm AWESOME :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :angelic-green: :angelic-green: )
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Owing to *digestive issues*.. have decided that from now on Mondays (or Sunday evenings) will be Ozempic day, not Fridays.. as I'd rather not be afraid to fart when I'm out & about at weekends...
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Finding a serious mental block with learning, understanding and speaking french :( FFS, I need to at the least understand and learn the info :roll: :roll:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Spent even more money on my everyday car…

Last week, 4 x tyre pressure sensors £110

Yesterday, 4 x tyres inc fitting £540

Today, washer fluid tank filter* and driver’s oddment tray £80

In fairness, the last set of tyres have done around 40,000 miles so no complaints there and the other parts have lasted 7 years / 80,000 miles

* for some unexplained reason, the washer fluid has ‘bloomed’ with algae and blocked the strainer, I’m hoping the part turns up on Saturday so I can remove the tank and hose it out while the tyres are being changed. I know washer fluid can ‘bloom’ when / if you mix different types but in 5 years of ownership, it’s never happened before and I usually just use whatever fluid I pick up from wherever.

Today’s odometer made me smile though :D
IMG_0264.jpeg
IMG_0264.jpeg (57.94 KiB) Viewed 495 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Silly Car wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:44 pm Spent even more money on my everyday car…

Last week, 4 x tyre pressure sensors £110

Yesterday, 4 x tyres inc fitting £540

Today, washer fluid tank filter* and driver’s oddment tray £80

In fairness, the last set of tyres have done around 40,000 miles so no complaints there and the other parts have lasted 7 years / 80,000 miles

* for some unexplained reason, the washer fluid has ‘bloomed’ with algae and blocked the strainer, I’m hoping the part turns up on Saturday so I can remove the tank and hose it out while the tyres are being changed. I know washer fluid can ‘bloom’ when / if you mix different types but in 5 years of ownership, it’s never happened before and I usually just use whatever fluid I pick up from wherever.

Today’s odometer made me smile though :D

IMG_0264.jpeg
@ the mileage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Today I have watched the autoglass fella install me a new windscreen
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:09 pm Today I have watched the autoglass fella install me a new windscreen
No. That wasn't as funny as earlier :(
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

We went to the slightly crappy looking bistro in town that we've always walked past but it was one of the few still serving lunch at 3pm (there' a three day food festival starting tomorrow). Turns out they make the best, by a margin, pizzas in the town. Actually really good.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I’m away in my campervan and we brought the in-laws with us. M-I-l is 94 and has dementia but is pretty good overall, but by fook is it hard work repeating everything that she’ll only forget 2 seconds later!😫 it’s also really terrible to see such a smart dressed nice lady slowly reduced to this and losing her dress sense and looking garrity! There are of course worse diseases but this one sure ain’t fun! It’s been an exhausting day and I have nothing but admiration for f-I-l who copes with this daily despite it breaking his heart. Think I might start buying bikes again as you never know what’s going the corner!