What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Potter

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Potter »

We did a big roast, had family over, I got to light my five candle candelabra for the first time :thumbup:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Had a shave, that's enough for this year!
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Fitted my new tail tidy (EvoTech) to the KTM.
All done bar the number plate, which I'll sort out tomorrow.

I moved the bike into the workshop to work on it, as some rats have moved into the garage 😬 I don't mind rats, and living in the country you have to accept they're around, but they can fuck off away from my bike.

A clear out of Muz's crap from the garage is well overdue tbf - he had it set up as a workshop before we built the new workshop, so it's just crap that he hasn't bothered moving yet that they're living under.
Then I can reclaim it properly :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I horrified my boy!

We were out at a Premier Inn for the evening. Out for a meal, I ordered a mixed grill. It was terrible. All over cooked, like really badly. I ate most of it but it was honestly piss poor

Bloke comes over "how was your meal"

"A complete disgrace, I'd be ashamed to serve that to customers"

The look on my lads face was brilliant. No way could he see that happening.

We ended up getting both meals for free and a chocolate brownie, which by the way, was lovely!

IMO I'd take food that's average, even maybe a bit meh, but this was crap, so I called out in it.
Horse

Post by Horse »

weeksy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:03 pm IMO I'd take food that's average, even maybe a bit meh, but this was crap, so I called out in it.
When I was just a yoof, not brave enough to make a fuss ...

Steak pie, in a pub.

I 'wrote' on the plate, by arranging pieces across the plate:
TOO
MUCH
ONION
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

After my SDad driving me from the wedding venue to Wells this morning (on his way back to Weymouth) I’ve been at a mates house all day (well since about midday!).

He’s a very old biker friend, my original Grumpy Old Man mate :lol: :lol: :lol: it was his son that had the terrible bike accident back at the end of August last year (and whose daughter died a few years ago). Was totally awesome to see Josh and chat face to face (he’s talked to me a lot so far through the recovery as he’s damaged the brachial nerve of his right arm so, for different reasons, he has similar mobility issues to those I had after my op - but he luckier, he’s left handed!!!)

The visit started well as when we pulled up M had the 955 (I think, Daytona) on the drive along with the 675 - but the 675 was running and DAMN that sounded good! Quick chat between him and my SDad, dad showed polite interest in the bikes (and the others in the sheds!!). Me and M spent a fair time talking about, me sitting on (some) and him starting some of the bike (zx6r he’s promised me I can do a track day on, a GSXr 750 I think and his pride and joy, the limited edition R1!!)

After Josh and family left we spent the afternoon and evening talking about bikes and cars, watching top gear and a classic car/rescue type thing (and Gladiators!!!). We’ve even talked a little about his daughter, which surprised me but made me pleased he was relaxed enough to bring her into conversation . It’s been a bloody brilliant and really chilled Sunday.

Blooming awesome (even though there wasn’t an Easter Egg anywhere to be seen!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Finished clearing up from yesterday. How 8 people consisting of 4 OAPs can make such a mess is beyond me. :crazy: Worth it though as the dinner went down really well and was definitely one of my wifes finest roast dinners.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:00 am How 8 people consisting of 4 OAPs can make such a mess is beyond me. :crazy:
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Cleaned the CBR yesterday and just been out this morning - was going to pop in the Ace but came back down the A 40 - big mistake as it’s all 30 mph - changed recently ( thought it was 40)
Happy Easter Monday all …
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Been for a stroll in my favourite little 'corner' of the planet. Really rather pleasant to see everything coming back to life. Had a spot of elevenses sat on a bench on a small heath basking in the spring air and the view.

Ended up sat with a coffee and communed with the ducks by the stream in a picture postcard village.

Didn't see Charlie Boorman or his dog. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Taxed the Falco (£64.35) and the LC (£0.00). Miserable weather in Sheffield, so the LC stays in the shed. Next week I'll be in France and the Falco will get woken up from its slumbers... :)
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bought 5sqft of some Estate near Coniston Water for a mere pittance & became a Lord of the Manor :)
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Horse wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:25 am
Taipan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:00 am How 8 people consisting of 4 OAPs can make such a mess is beyond me. :crazy:
That hand on Charlie's shoulder looks strangely diembodied...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Finished off fitting my new tail tidy. Re-fitted my brake lever guard so that it no longer fouls the throttle.

Does my bum look big in this?
PXL_20240401_155703259.MP_copy_3024x1701.jpg
PXL_20240401_155703259.MP_copy_3024x1701.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 245 times
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Had a trip down to Brighton to see my middle one (he's the one with the (new) questionable tache and non-OEM hair :P ) and his OH , lovely chilled day, and thankfully the rain stayed away for most of it- we took Barnaby the dog, he enjoyed himself too- nearly everyone down there seems to have a dog :)

Skub

Post by Skub »

Sunny wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:19 pm Finished off fitting my new tail tidy. Re-fitted my brake lever guard so that it no longer fouls the throttle.

That's a cosy place. I hope Muz isn't making wood dust in there. :o
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

Boxed in a length of ventilation pipe and tidied the shed a bit.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Skub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:12 pm
Sunny wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:19 pm Finished off fitting my new tail tidy. Re-fitted my brake lever guard so that it no longer fouls the throttle.

That's a cosy place. I hope Muz isn't making wood dust in there. :o
It's a quadruple garage. So not so cosy, more fecking massive :D It's main purpose is wood dust :mrgreen:

It is nice though. We bought one of those kits and built it (not including the base and the roof panels), in two days a couple of years ago - we were dead impressed with the quality/ease of two people installing it :thumbup:

(Muz was putting the last bolt covers on the roof when he fell off and broke his back 🤦)
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

At some point my daughter decided to paint a striking pattern in contrasting colours on her bedroom wall, think of dazzle camouflage on ships. Now she's left I'm redecorating but don't fancy putting ten coats of paint on and still having the pattern showing through.
So today I have been sanding the wall, the paint the decorators used when we moved in wipes off with a cloth but not this stuff, it's the cockroach of the paint world and heavily resistant to 80 grit sandpaper.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Today's plans:
Oil/filter change on the ST
Trip to Lowes to pick up four 8ft 2x12's which will be used to construct a pair of ramps for the F350. I have plastic ramps that work just fine for the ShitBox Honda & the ST... but I'm not so sure about putting the F350 on them... altho with that said, If I was laying under the F350 & the plastic ramps failed there's enough ground clearance to prevent me getting squished.