What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Went to the hot physio today. I try and only go once a week if possible, but this was an extra because of something that happened on Saturday.

I often get sharp pains in my bicep/other side of upper arm. Mostly (we think) because I don't have the long head bicep tendon (ligament?) - it was cut and the surgeon found the end and 'tied it off' somewhere just above half way up my bicep. So I'm quite used to that and my colleague has learnt not to react to my occasional 'squeaks' of pain :lol: :lol:

On Saturday, it wasn't so much a sharp pain as a click near the shoulder join and excruciating pain for a moment. I didn't squeak, I shouted quite loudly and swore big! :lol: :lol:

When I saw the physio I explained that something had click but the pain made no sense because if something clicked in that area then it would be metal, so there wouldn't be any pain, right?? He just looked at me in the way he does (cos I use 'weird' words to describe what I can feel - the french seem to only use, it hurts or it doesn't hurt!! ) and started pressing various bits near where I said I'd had the click. Damn that hurt. Then, after quite a long time of trying to have a conversation with quite a lot of hurt going on, he moved my arm and, yup, we both heard the click! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still didn't tell me why or what was clicking (probably isn't quite sure as it's not exactly a 'normal' shoulder!) but I sort of half floated out. Went home and then got a message that some friends were in resort and heading to a bar!! :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

Soooooo, I've just got home. Three 'BIG' rums on an empty stomach and I'm proper merry! :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: So much for getting up early and walking up a mountain on fresh snow (yup, it's snowed this evening!! :D )

Two days early! I have seemingly mostly been drinking on a wednesday afternoon :lol: :lol: :lol: :angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I went to a old friends funeral,the big C took him age 60,another one who won't be taking his pension...
One good thing about the day was meeting people who I'd lost contact with over the years,we had some catching up to do & despite the circumstances we had a few laughs & a good afternoon.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Been out running errands to get the F350 sale sorted.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Yomped. Quite muddy in places.

Ordered a bunch of guttering stuff + 3 more sash clamps, another Makita drill (bare, have got enough batteries) + 2 boxes of round head screws.

Tomorrow - going to buy some pond plants - if they have what I want.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Just spoke to the insurance company about the F350. I have the ZRX11 & ZX11 insured with the same guys. Renews on June 1st so partial payment for the rest of this year: $62. Renewal for next 12 months: $278.

That's for full coverage, agreed value, $100/300K liability limits (the max) $1M earthquake, uninsured illegal immigrant coverage, fire, theft, collision etc.

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Friend of mine goes to pick up my truck today after the sale was completed as he lives less than 2 miles from the seller. He doesn't mention where he's going with his son in law this morning. :shhh: Wife is at home.
He's already decided to prank his wife into thinking he bought it & ends up pranking the son in law too as I'd tipped the seller off.
He drives my truck home, son in law following calls ahead on the way home.
They get home & his wife about loses her shit. :angry-cussingblack: They used to have a Ford & it was total lemon, swore off them for life. It's been 7 hours & he's still getting crap about it :angry-argument: Family is questioning his mental health.
Not sure how long he can keep this up. Hoping she doesn't take a hit out on him before I pick it up on the 20th.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

The chemist in the village, Oktay, wouldn't give me any drops for my ear yesterday so this morning I went to the hospital ENT dept.

After a rather painful removal of a big lump of dried blood I'm told I have a middle ear infection compounded by the warfarin blood thinners. He then looked up my nose, as you do I guess and told me what I already knew - my nasal passages on the left side are out of shape and affect the tube that runs from the ear to the throat. It's why I get sinusitis quite often and it's always on the left side.

So, some special ear drops and a check up next week. Glad I went now, it's always better to know what the issue is than self medicate for what could be a serious issue.
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Yambo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:58 am The chemist in the village, Oktay, wouldn't give me any drops for my ear yesterday so this morning I went to the hospital ENT dept.

After a rather painful removal of a big lump of dried blood I'm told I have a middle ear infection compounded by the warfarin blood thinners. He then looked up my nose, as you do I guess and told me what I already knew - my nasal passages on the left side are out of shape and affect the tube that runs from the ear to the throat. It's why I get sinusitis quite often and it's always on the left side.

So, some special ear drops and a check up next week. Glad I went now, it's always better to know what the issue is than self medicate for what could be a serious issue.
Eustation......

Cue the usual suspects
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:09 pm Eustation......

Cue the usual suspects
Not for a while yet, they haven't funded it for HS2.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Was fixing breakfast in the kitchen while wearing a bath robe. Turned on the tap & sent the flow of water up the inside of my sleeve.
Bugger.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Went up in the loft, I'm stealth thinning it out when Mrs M is at work as its better to ask forgiveness than have hours of debate about whether or not the item we have not used in 24years since we moved in should be kept or not. 4 boxes of paperbacks (mainly mine) taken to charity shop. My back is creaking badly now.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Went through the Blackwall tunnel to BQ and there’s an enormous hole on the south side - hadn’t realised how far the Silvertown crossing had come along.
Quite enjoyed the ride now I’ve got no 20 limits to contend with.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

asmethurst99 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:48 pm Went through the Blackwall tunnel to BQ and there’s an enormous hole on the south side - hadn’t realised how far the Silvertown crossing had come along.
Quite enjoyed the ride now I’ve got no 20 limits to contend with.
It's quite an impressive sight and I've liked tracking the progress (if not the additional congestion caused by the lane closures). Of course, it'll be a toll tunnel, along with the Blackwall when it opens next year, but hopefully they'll follow the Dartford Crossing and make bikes toll-free.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Had lunch out on the decking for the first time this year!
Mercury is nudging 20c :flame:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

The missus has decided the hall needs decorating so I've had an expedition into the garage and presented her with the gear she'll need to do it* - apart from the paint. :D

I also returned with a box of 'I wondered where x,y and z went'. A few hundred assorted screws, 'rawlplugs', a little box of assorted tiny brass screws, a few dozen assorted, unused drill bits, electrical cable, connector blocks and boxes, cable clips etc etc etc. Have ordered yet another toolbox. :lol:

Also realised I've missed a few bits off the guttering and pipe order that's arriving tomorrow. :(

* She painted it last time so I gracefully bowed to her expertise and experience. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

I got up on the roof to clear the moss from the back of the skylight and discovered the mortar is fucked on most of the ridge tiles.

On the bright side the worst run is right beside the skylight so at least I can step out of that to sort it instead of using ladders .
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Removed & replaced a fairly heavy door way more than several times to try and find out how best to repair its casing.

Got there in the end. Woop.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:38 pm Went up in the loft, I'm stealth thinning it out when Mrs M is at work as its better to ask forgiveness than have hours of debate about whether or not the item we have not used in 24years since we moved in should be kept or not. 4 boxes of paperbacks (mainly mine) taken to charity shop. My back is creaking badly now.
You are braver than me for sure!!! My wife has an innate radar for loft activity and movement of belongings.... death awaits the unwary!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

This was Saturday afternoon, but I've been busy with Church life and more...

A couple, Roy and Sylvia came with their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, 4 generations of family, to give thanks for the facts that on 14th March, 65 years ago, they were married at St Botolph's Northfleet. They were so grateful for the chance to be back in the church and share the joy of sharing their vows all those years ago. I was able to pray for them in the sanctuary, and blessed them in the place they took those vows. What a joy and celebration of lasting love.

Then I get to today where I've got my other church with its blown heating pump and issue with the electrics. A parishioner has made a donation to pay for the heating pump to be replaced @ £1740... amazing generosity. They are comfortably off, not wealthy, but comfortable and this is a huge gift from them. Giving this gift does not affect their lifestyle or ability to enjoy life (safeguarding means I have to check and ensure it is not going to cause them issues financially). Anonymous of course.

And I'm Baptising two children on Easter Sunday, the family are from Nigeria, and very much looking forward to this celebration!

Loads more to share, but I've got a Stations of the Cross reflection in 5 minutes so must run.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:53 pm This was Saturday afternoon, but I've been busy with Church life and more...

A couple, Roy and Sylvia came with their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, 4 generations of family, to give thanks for the facts that on 14th March, 65 years ago, they were married at St Botolph's Northfleet. They were so grateful for the chance to be back in the church and share the joy of sharing their vows all those years ago. I was able to pray for them in the sanctuary, and blessed them in the place they took those vows. What a joy and celebration of lasting love.

Then I get to today where I've got my other church with its blown heating pump and issue with the electrics. A parishioner has made a donation to pay for the heating pump to be replaced @ £1740... amazing generosity. They are comfortably off, not wealthy, but comfortable and this is a huge gift from them. Giving this gift does not affect their lifestyle or ability to enjoy life (safeguarding means I have to check and ensure it is not going to cause them issues financially). Anonymous of course.

And I'm Baptising two children on Easter Sunday, the family are from Nigeria, and very much looking forward to this celebration!

Loads more to share, but I've got a Stations of the Cross reflection in 5 minutes so must run.
il_fullxfull.3422838585_jd1z.jpg
il_fullxfull.3422838585_jd1z.jpg (112.13 KiB) Viewed 212 times