Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ChrisW

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by ChrisW »

I get it a lot on the smaller rural A roads around here - it's difficult to distinguish the older drivers from the slightly pissed ones.

And they all carry on at 43 through the 30s.....
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a new CH system installed at the Step Dads recently. We had it set up with a NEST thermostat so he could voice control the temperature using the Alexa thing we we're getting him for Xmas. I went round to set up the Alexa today and of course add the NEST Thermostat to it. Should have been a simple task but lets just say my piss was well boiled by the end of it!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mussels wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:02 am
Noggin wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:48 am On the knobs (not the tourist drivers :angelic-green: ) I was told they 100% weren't legal in my Transit as I wasn't registered disabled! But if I had big bus or a lorry they would be fine :lol: :lol:
Is that even a thing?
Here you can claim DLA or get a blue badge but there's no official register, having one of those helps prove a disability but is not essential.
Pretty sure people are registered disabled there!?! Maybe it’s called something different - I have no actual experience if it in the uk ans left before I knew how bad my shoulder is.

Over here, I’m registered disabled for work but not totally (so no blue badge for parking 🙄) - I have an official letter to give to any employers and in 2025 I have to be assessed to confirm if I’m as bad/better, then they’ll give me another letter, or not!!

But I really don’t want to push the disability thing as want to take my bus test in the summer! I probably could push it but I don’t want to risk not being able to take the bus test or the possibility of losing my bike licence 😳

But, for driving, I don’t need one of the knob thingies as steering isn’t the issue - don’t think there’s a thing for changing gear? Apart from making sure the boss gives me an auto to drive!!

Taipan wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:03 pm
ChrisW wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:55 pm Image
My Dentists called toffees his pension plan! :D
I’m still nursing a temporary filling following a toffee eclair incident 8 years ago 😡. Too terrified of dentists to get it done properly! 🤣
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just been trying to order a few things from Ebay.
Kept getting the message that I cant order coz seller is on holiday.
So tried just adding to basket, for later.
Nada.

Bonkers :(
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:02 pm Just been trying to order a few things from Ebay.
Nada.

Even if you could place the order, it wouldn't get dispatched.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Horse wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:07 pm
Yorick wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:02 pm Just been trying to order a few things from Ebay.
Nada.

Even if you could place the order, it wouldn't get dispatched.
Don't care. I'm just killing time while painting outside and just wanna place the orders.
Not often my anxiety will let me do it so I'm annoyed.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

People who leave the After Eight wrappers in the box, hang the bastards!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Demannu wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:51 pm People who leave the After Eight wrappers in the box, hang the bastards!
But that's where I keep my used matches.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

People who don't bother to put chains in their car even though they plan to drive up a French Alp, people that do but then don't bother to find out how to put them on and finally, people that that don't stop to put on the bastard chains in one of the many places designated for this but wait until they get stuck on the road, in the middle of the road, and then unwrap the box the chains came in, pull out the instructions and try to work out how to put them on the wheels while it's snowing and dark!

Fucktards :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Busiest weekend so far this season and the eejits have arrived with the snow :roll: :roll:

:obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

I don't mind catching a cold/flu so much, one of life's hazards. But when i catch it 3 days before Christmas, so spend the week off feeling shite, then have to cancel family meetups, and I'm still feeling rough and unable to do stuff on NYE, my piss is well and truly boiling.
non quod, sed quomodo
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Rockburner wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:51 pm I don't mind catching a cold/flu so much, one of life's hazards. But when i catch it 3 days before Christmas, so spend the week off feeling shite, then have to cancel family meetups, and I'm still feeling rough and unable to do stuff on NYE, my piss is well and truly boiling.
Same - I landed it on Christmas eve, only just starting to feel normal again
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Noggin wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:48 am
Felix wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:21 am
Noggin wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:53 pm

They are great. Had one in my Transit. But apparently they aren't exactly legal for normal cars. Although I was told that before I had the disabled for work paperwork. Equally, I'm not actually registered disabled proper, so probably wouldn't be allowed to use it??
Does that mean they are legal for vans and minibus's? Perfect :lol:

BTW when i say turn the wheel faster i did not mean you driving round bends faster but one handed/arm would have to work faster/harder than two so any aid to relieve the shoulder must be a bonus.
LOL I did wonder!! LOL I have pretty much mastered the art of heel turns (heel of hand!) on hairpins and parking out of necessity. I'm now trying to use my right arm more - mostly because it can do more than before, so I need to use it!! It's really the constant gear changes that are the biggest issue. Living at the top of 21 hairpins means that if I have a manual vehicle, there is constant gear changing to get down and back up - the actual driving to the airport is fine. But if I'm on two or three trips to the valley rail stations, then that's really not a good thing in a manual vehicle.

On the knobs (not the tourist drivers :angelic-green: ) I was told they 100% weren't legal in my Transit as I wasn't registered disabled! But if I had big bus or a lorry they would be fine :lol: :lol:
As it's not illegal in France to drive in an arm cast, don't think they'll worry too much about a Brodie!
FWIW, the moho has had one fitted ever since I've owned it, so that's 9 MOTs and numerous chats with law enforcement officers all over Europe.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Demannu wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:21 pm

As it's not illegal in France to drive in an arm cast, don't think they'll worry too much about a Brodie!
FWIW, the moho has had one fitted ever since I've owned it, so that's 9 MOTs and numerous chats with law enforcement officers all over Europe.
Fair enough. Like I said, I can't remember who told me and it was over six years ago!

However, steering isn't the issue, so I still don't need one!! :lol: :lol:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Noggin wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:24 pm However, steering isn't the issue, so I still don't need one!! :lol: :lol:
What you need is a van with a slush box.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:49 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:24 pm However, steering isn't the issue, so I still don't need one!! :lol: :lol:
What you need is a van with a slush box.
TBF, right now I just need a vehicle!! LOL I'd cope if it wasn't even a van!! LOL :D :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I think i'm still hungover from NYE.... was a long night with little sleep.... i got a decent kip last night but still feel crap.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

I couldn't log into any work apps (Outlook, Teams etc), on either laptop or phone, this morning (not a major hardship tbh 😆).

Finally can now, to find update emails from IT, where they've been trying to get in touch with me over Teams to resolve the issue and will 'try again tomorrow'. FFS 🤦
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Local radio phone in is on. Trying to listen to the callers and all I cam hear is the presenter clicking his mouse. For the love of god, man, mute your frigging mic!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Starting February 5, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements
Well that'll be me cancelling my subscription then
cheb

Post by cheb »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:06 am
Starting February 5, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements
Well that'll be me cancelling my subscription then
You'll need to sign up to Super Prime for only £3.99 a month more, it'll be add free. Right up until they start putting ads on it and then you'll need to sign up for Mega Prime.

It's curious to watch consumers being boiled like frogs.