General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by gremlin »

BiL - what time is Christmas Dinner?

Me - 2pm, as advised.

BiL - yeah, we'll be there about 2.30.

:eh:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:35 am BiL - what time is Christmas Dinner?

Me - 2pm, as advised.

Don't you Cockney types call it lunch?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I was pitching to my audience.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Me - 2pm, as advised.

Don't open the door...
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Me - 2pm, as advised.

A couple of people in my family used to do that. Suggest I organise something then say, oh, actually not there at that time, lets meet here at this other time :angry-cussingblack: FFS - if you want to organise things just do it, don't ask someone else then change it! And don't get me started on arranging a meet point (one time a train station when I was the one on the train needing a lift) then not be there and also not have phone to hand/turned on :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Just start at 2pm as advised and then if they miss anything then that's their problem!!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Noggin wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:55 pm Just start at 2pm as advised and then if they miss anything then that's their problem!!!
One of the guys in our Kaw group does this. We organize a ride leaving at 9am, with additional faffing about we leave a bit late...

Then just as we get to the end of the road from the meeting place he comes around the corner & tags onto the back of the group.

When asked why he was late, stated "I would have been on time, but decided to wash my bike before coming over".. having known what time the group was leaving for at least a week.

At least twice he's shown up at the meet-up spot a week late.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Being woken up after 90 mins sleep at 1030 after a night shift (despite ear plugs) as one of the houses backing onto our corner plot decided to start landscaping their back garden with a fucking digger and chain saws. It's Boxing Day FFS! *unts!😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Cooker is fucking about. Put a ring on and it heats up, then dies a few seconds later. Does it on all four rings.

Fucking thing is less than 18 months old.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Bigjawa wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:10 pm Cooker is fucking about. Put a ring on and it heats up, then dies a few seconds later. Does it on all four rings.

Turn it off at the wall, wait 90 seconds, turn it on again. :)
Felix

Post by Felix »

Bigjawa wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:10 pm Cooker is fucking about. Put a ring on and it heats up, then dies a few seconds later. Does it on all four rings.

Not a safety feature? put a pot on it
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Take it back under warranty.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:21 pm

Not much use on boxing day when trying to cook food I expect
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:22 pm

Erm. Yeah. You're right :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Takeaway curry or fish n chips :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:35 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:22 pm

Erm. Yeah. You're right :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Takeaway curry or fish n chips :)
Most places are closed. Although we did find a Dominos earlier for lunch after riding
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Everywhere open 'ere.

Tescos were well early on the reductions trigger. Got quite keen on the £1 boxes of mince pies. :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Finding out that the admin girl (that left) didn't actually make any notes about some of my paperwork. To the point that my boss just thought I had a problem shoulder, didn't realise that I am actually registered disabled for work :roll: :roll: :roll:

FFS. No wonder he's not been that considerate about some of the hours/vehicles I've been doing :roll:

I had an "I can't do this any more" moment this morning after the weekend before last driving an auto minibus but with no power steering and then doing 3 days of too many hairpins in a manual minibus. I got asked to do one transfer this morning (valley and back) got back and was told I had another in 30 mins. But as it was the 4th day in a row of a manual, I just said to my colleague that I can't do it. Bit of a meltdown. She got the boss' wife to do that job. Then the three of us had a chat - Sido didn't know I was 'disabled' either.

So, upshot, this afternoon we all had a good chat and I've said (repeated) that if I say my arm hurts it means I need to slow down/stop. He's accepted that I actually have a registered issue, not just a slightly dodgy shoulder. And me and my colleague are now going to sort the vehicles on a Friday to make sure that I get one that works for me (hopefully!)

But, FFS, all for someone not doing the paperwork properly (and she's French - that's what they do!!). :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Anyway, despite her BMP, the upshot is positive - I hope!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:22 pm Finding out that the admin girl (that left) didn't actually make any notes about some of my paperwork. To the point that my boss just thought I had a problem shoulder, didn't realise that I am actually registered disabled for work :roll: :roll: :roll:

FFS. No wonder he's not been that considerate about some of the hours/vehicles I've been doing :roll:

I had an "I can't do this any more" moment this morning after the weekend before last driving an auto minibus but with no power steering and then doing 3 days of too many hairpins in a manual minibus. I got asked to do one transfer this morning (valley and back) got back and was told I had another in 30 mins. But as it was the 4th day in a row of a manual, I just said to my colleague that I can't do it. Bit of a meltdown. She got the boss' wife to do that job. Then the three of us had a chat - Sido didn't know I was 'disabled' either.

So, upshot, this afternoon we all had a good chat and I've said (repeated) that if I say my arm hurts it means I need to slow down/stop. He's accepted that I actually have a registered issue, not just a slightly dodgy shoulder. And me and my colleague are now going to sort the vehicles on a Friday to make sure that I get one that works for me (hopefully!)

But, FFS, all for someone not doing the paperwork properly (and she's French - that's what they do!!). :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Anyway, despite her BMP, the upshot is positive - I hope!!

One of these not help you? At least you can turn sharp with one arm at speed leaving not so great one to just hold the wheel if needed

https://www.dimoohome.co.uk/products/un ... d_source=1
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:38 pm
One of these not help you? At least you can turn sharp with one arm at speed leaving not so great one to just hold the wheel if needed

They are great. Had one in my Transit. But apparently they aren't exactly legal for normal cars. Although I was told that before I had the disabled for work paperwork. Equally, I'm not actually registered disabled proper, so probably wouldn't be allowed to use it??

Haven't looked into the rules in France. But I don't corner at speed (dodgy on mountain roads!!) and have learnt to steer using the heel of my left hand on the wheel. I can use my right now to 'balance' if I need to and I do try and use it more now as it is stronger than any time since the accident.

I know that at some point I'll end up going down the route of registering properly, but am wary for now about things like the bike license - and don't want to raise any bigger red flags with the chance of taking my bus licence in the summer!!!! So, as long as I choose my vehicles sensibly (another word I hate!) then I should be ok for a few more years :D :D
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Felix wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:54 pm

Not a safety feature? put a pot on it
Thats's what it sounds like to me. Ours does the same.
non quod, sed quomodo
Felix

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:53 pm
Felix wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:38 pm

They are great. Had one in my Transit. But apparently they aren't exactly legal for normal cars. Although I was told that before I had the disabled for work paperwork. Equally, I'm not actually registered disabled proper, so probably wouldn't be allowed to use it??
Does that mean they are legal for vans and minibus's? Perfect :lol:

BTW when i say turn the wheel faster i did not mean you driving round bends faster but one handed/arm would have to work faster/harder than two so any aid to relieve the shoulder must be a bonus.