Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Felix

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Felix »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:18 pm
Demannu wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:06 pm The cheque is finally being phased out.
It boils my piss that we're not doing the same in the UK. Seriously? Cheques in 2023?
TBF i would rather wait at a till for someone to write a cheque out than the muppets using a phone that is still in the pocket when packing the bags. After a fumble getting it out they then need to dick about with a pin, search for an app and as they are flustered due to being a twat they cant connect to the till screen until attempt 5. Asda shoppers are 100% the worst as they also need to dick about with the ASDA fucking app first.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Felix wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:17 pm Asda shoppers are 100% the worst as they also need to dick about with the ASDA fucking app first.
Heh heh, and come time to do the xmas food / booze shop it'll give me £100+ off my bill :obscene-birdiedoublered:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Even worserer are the old 'uns who insist on putting their cards into the reader, fumbling a few times before getting in, then squinting to put in their PIN in very slowly, using exaggerated and deliberate movements, in order to pay for their two-pints of milk and cat food.

And all the time you can see the contactless symbol printed on their card...

Just touch and go, gramps.....touch and go.... :angry-cussingblack:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:26 pm
Felix wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:17 pm Asda shoppers are 100% the worst as they also need to dick about with the ASDA fucking app first.
Heh heh, and come time to do the xmas food / booze shop it'll give me £100+ off my bill :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Yes, but you'll have to elbow through the pajama-clad-at-4pm-mums and mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging unwashed to get it. ;)

Or maybe that's just the ASDA at Swanley. :think:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:35 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:12 am My wisdom tooth is BMP right now. Had a back tooth extracted many years ago. A few years later the dentist told me I have a wisdom tooth making its way down. As it was heading straight down it should be able to go into the gap provided by the extracted tooth, but it may change direction? :wtf: It broke the surface some years back and that was it. Howvever,in the last 10 days the bastard thing has decided to come down and join the other teeth in a very painful and annoying way! :x
I had a similar thing a few years back. Dentist informed me that wisdom teeth don't move at our age. Sure it isn't infected? Mine used to have the habit of trapping food as it was really hard to floss (nice!!).

In the end, I had it extracted (which didn't go well, but that's another story. :shock: )
My Dentists didn't seem bothered about it. Just said let us know if it causes you any problems. So, I'm assuming it'll just grow into place?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:29 pm
Yes, but you'll have to elbow through the pajama-clad-at-4pm-mums and mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging unwashed to get it. ;)

It's a few years since I've been there but that is a special Asda in a special town. That's where I heard a woman shouting "Porsche, Mercedes, come here!"
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

God no, I'm in and out way too early to run that gauntlet
Felix

Post by Felix »

Think i have that in my Tesco clubcard. Yip real card that i can flash under the scanner while paying with cash. Good old never fails cash and fuck you plastic card what will end up in landfill in a few years :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:18 pm
Demannu wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:06 pm The cheque is finally being phased out.
It boils my piss that we're not doing the same in the UK. Seriously? Cheques in 2023?
It BMP that, to get my Dad and Grandads' military records, I have to ask a friend in the uk to print off the forms I'll email him then send a cheque with those forms, cos, I have no UK bank or cheque book and the relevant department will only accept cheques, not online payments :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

No i can use two. Edinburgh and Dunbar and they also have the strangest of customers. If they only had a cafe at the door you could sit and people watch all day laughing your head off. Unfortunately my local Tesco dont sell Gluten Free beer so i need to venture into the sess pit

I do enjoy pissing folk off in the car park though. I started a trend here when i parked the wifes FOX
20230325_170355 (1).jpg
20230325_170355 (1).jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Felix

Post by Felix »

Same shop taking up four spaces with my van :lol:

Potter

Post by Potter »

We're out for the night visiting friends and I'm having to involuntarily park like a twat, I haven't found a car parking space built recently that is large enough to park our old school Range Rover without it encroaching into the spaces around it, and sometimes it sticks out into the road because it's too long.

I'm sure it's "space management" (i.e. making as many spaces as possible in a smaller space as possible) and not because cars are getting smaller, in fact most cars are bigger because of crumple zones.

And don't get me started on the use of space in new build houses, my mum has some houses built at the top of her street and they're all £500k+ and they barely have enough space for two small cars to park. New build estates have gardens smaller than most living rooms and driveways for just one car.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Most of our local car parks fine you if you're not correctly parked between the lines! :shock:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Potter wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:46 pm We're out for the night visiting friends and I'm having to involuntarily park like a twat, I haven't found a car parking space built recently that is large enough to park our old school Range Rover without it encroaching into the spaces around it, and sometimes it sticks out into the road because it's too long.

I'm sure it's "space management" (i.e. making as many spaces as possible in a smaller space as possible) and not because cars are getting smaller, in fact most cars are bigger because of crumple zones.

And don't get me started on the use of space in new build houses, my mum has some houses built at the top of her street and they're all £500k+ and they barely have enough space for two small cars to park. New build estates have gardens smaller than most living rooms and driveways for just one car.
Pah, my saloon car is 19mm longer than your Chelsea tractor :p
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Potter wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:46 pm I'm sure it's "space management" (i.e. making as many spaces as possible in a smaller space as possible) and not because cars are getting smaller, in fact most cars are bigger because of crumple zones.
I'd have guessed it's more of a case that spaces haven't been updated since about 1979 but cars have got loads bigger.

Having said that, the new build car parks here have massive spaces along with foot wide white lines, presumably so your modern fat knacker doesn't have to squeeze though a narrow door opening.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

It was immediately obvious the first time I visited that the car parking spaces at Costco were way more generously-sized than those at Tesco...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Felix

Post by Felix »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:27 pm It was immediately obvious the first time I visited that the car parking spaces at Costco were way more generously-sized than those at Tesco...
I was in Morrisons down Hawick at the weekend and noticed the spaces were a lot larger than out local Tesco, Asda stores.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

gremlin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:37 pm A dodgy debit on my Barclays bank account from Deliveroo.

Never used them, so called the bank who instantly cancelled my card and refunded me, so fair play.

Not sure how my card details were obtained as I'm pretty canny, but such is life. Annoying, but hey ho.
Got my new card on Monday, this morning I see another debit for Deliveroo for around £30. FFS.

Called Barclays again who were pretty good but equally as baffled as it's a new card and I'd only got around to adding it to Amazon for the Kindle and putting it on Wallet.
New card cancelled and another one on the way. Bizarre.

If it happens again I'll raise a complaint then they'll need to do a bit more investigation, even if it is for a piddly amount.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Unnecessarily precise estimates. Here's the latest one, this is from Royal Mail:

Email received yesterday evening:

"Delivery is due: Friday, 24 November 2023*
"Between 09:52am and 12:52pm*"

I noticed the asterisks so I scrolled down to the small print

"*Please be aware any time or date shown is not a guarantee."

Why not say "between about 9:30am and 1:00pm, which is what they mean? If they arrived at 9:50 I'm sure they wouldn't sit outside for two minutes until they were officially allowed to deliver my parcel, or would they?

And another email sent this morning at 10:09 telling me they still expected to deliver the parcel between 09:52am and 12:52pm. :roll:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:32 am
gremlin wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:37 pm A dodgy debit on my Barclays bank account from Deliveroo.

Never used them, so called the bank who instantly cancelled my card and refunded me, so fair play.

Not sure how my card details were obtained as I'm pretty canny, but such is life. Annoying, but hey ho.
Got my new card on Monday, this morning I see another debit for Deliveroo for around £30. FFS.

Called Barclays again who were pretty good but equally as baffled as it's a new card and I'd only got around to adding it to Amazon for the Kindle and putting it on Wallet.
New card cancelled and another one on the way. Bizarre.

If it happens again I'll raise a complaint then they'll need to do a bit more investigation, even if it is for a piddly amount.
You don't have an unexplained pile of empty take away boxes and mysterious tiredness all the time, do you?