Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:42 pm
Yorick wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:38 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:31 pm Christina Aguilera's tits in the latest Just Eat advert.

Does that make me misogynistic, or just a breast enthusiast?
Just keeping abreast of things :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Just in case you don't get the ad in Forin...

Fark. That was annoying. No idea of what they were advertising.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

v8-powered wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:46 pm
Yorick wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:23 am One of my best pals on the island has just decided to buy a V4 Panigale in Manchester.
He flies over in a few days.
Then Plymouth to Santander ferry. Then ride to Cadiz.

Just told him I'm at Portimao and he said he'd try to pop in.
And he's booked on same ferry home as me :)
Just popped up on FarceBook

Screenshot_20231002_184436_Facebook.jpg
Just been round to see him to help with a problem with his Husky TE300i

The Pani was in the garage. With the key in. And he admitted that the garage is never locked. And he's insured TPO.

Nice place to live here ;)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:10 pm Having a plumber next door :obscene-birdiedoublered:

A connection in the garden water routes had been playing up so I replaced it.
Kept going pop and finally did it again today. Hottest day for ages . 37c and was getting pissed off. Endlessly turning water off for whole house, messing about with connection only to see it leak again.

Asked neighbour to pop round. He instantly spotted problem. They'd given me a wrong seal. Only 1mm out, but enough to leak. He had a spare so now ok :obscene-birdiedoublered:

He's round for a BBQ Monday so will pamper him then.
Sent him home with wobbly legs :D

Always a great afternoon when both sets of neighbours pop round for a BBQ :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Found out today that my new brake pads were a fair bit cheaper than expected, as I imported them and the pound is pretty strong against the euro at the moment! God bless brexit! :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:30 pm Found out today that my new brake pads were a fair bit cheaper than expected, as I imported them and the pound is pretty strong against the euro at the moment! God bless brexit! :thumbup:
FFS!! I've just had to pay import tax/handling charge on a coupe of bras I ordered from the UK - not only did the exchange rate not favour me, I had to pay tax as well :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

But, I love it over here, so I'll live with that! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Chatting with my brother. We aren't very organised and don't chat as often as we should, but when we do it's awesome. An hour of hands free chat (he's driving, I'm cross stitching!) and putting our worlds to rights :D :D :D :D

Awesome :wub: :wub: :wub:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:09 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:27 pm Had a colonoscopy this morning and the doc found something. He's not put it on the urgent list, but gonna arrange a small procedure to take care of it when the biopsy results come back.
He's not at all worried,, but I'm fucking glad it's been caught early.
Fingers crossed nothing serious.

My employer allows free BUPA screenings every other year, or every year for over 50's. Two of my colleagues have never been but have never been able to explain why they don't go. None of my business, of course, but I suspect it's because they'll get told things they don't want to hear about their lifestyle.

Me personally, I'd rather know sooner then later if there's anything wrong, as I can then try to get it sorted before it has me pushing up daisies.
Just been for results. He says it will be OK.
Gonna do the procedure in January/February. He says his favourite nurse is on maternity leave and wants her to be in on it as she's the best.
He said it would have been bad in 3 years, but got it in plenty of time :)
Felix

Post by Felix »

Just sent my application in for my free bus pass or National Entitlement Card as they call it now. I am going to use it, A lot :lol:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Felix wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:38 pm Just sent my application in for my free bus pass or National Entitlement Card as they call it now. I am going to use it, A lot :lol:
Sponger. It's people like you,etc... :(
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Felix

Post by Felix »

Skub wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:17 pm
Felix wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:38 pm Just sent my application in for my free bus pass or National Entitlement Card as they call it now. I am going to use it, A lot :lol:
Not that it will ever effect you pops but i will try and use rush hour busses as much as possible :lol: Dont know if they got away with it but i remember Edinburgh trying to ban OAP's from busses during rush hour times to help workers getting back and forth to work. This would have been early to mid 90's and a huge uproar at the time.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Felix wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:03 pm
Skub wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:17 pm
Not that it will ever effect you pops but i will try and use rush hour busses as much as possible :lol: Dont know if they got away with it but i remember Edinburgh trying to ban OAP's from busses during rush hour times to help workers getting back and forth to work. This would have been early to mid 90's and a huge uproar at the time.
They did that in Newcastle. No concessions before 8.30 or 9.00. You'd always get them trying to blag their way on before they were allowed (and leaving people trying to get to work standing in the queue because the buses were often pretty full) The bus staff called them 'Twirlys' because the first thing they said on getting on was 'Am I too early?' :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Got a surprise email from work to say thank you for 30 years of service and a not insignificant £350 voucher to spend at edenred. So a nice combo of Halfords (Wera MTB tool, maintenance and car cleaning bits splurge coming up), M&S, John Lewis and Body shop vouchers winging my way now.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:29 pm Got a surprise email from work to say thank you for 30 years of service and a not insignificant £350 voucher to spend at edenred. So a nice combo of Halfords (Wera MTB tool, maintenance and car cleaning bits splurge coming up), M&S, John Lewis and Body shop vouchers winging my way now.
With you looking after us on the railway, 636Mick looking after us on the roads and The Priest looking after our souls I'd say RTTL is the 4th emergency service - we're a national asset. :D
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:56 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:29 pm Got a surprise email from work to say thank you for 30 years of service and a not insignificant £350 voucher to spend at edenred. So a nice combo of Halfords (Wera MTB tool, maintenance and car cleaning bits splurge coming up), M&S, John Lewis and Body shop vouchers winging my way now.
With you looking after us on the railway, 636Mick looking after us on the roads and The Priest looking after our souls I'd say RTTL is the 4th emergency service - we're a national asset. :D
Don't forget the pony patrolling in his Astra with gunny in the glovebox,keeping us all safe from the GooleyToons. I'd just like to thank him for his service. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:07 pm
Don't forget the pony patrolling in his Astra with gunny in the glovebox,keeping us all safe from the GooleyToons. I'd just like to thank him for his service. :thumbup:
I keep the RTTL pool clean :)
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I'll go out and rattle some pans on Thursday evening as thanks for his services to the community. :thumbup:
Voltaire
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Yorick wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:08 pm

And I, with my Life Saving medallions, will rescue them if swimmers get into difficulties. :thumbup:
Voltaire
David

Post by David »

And keep the beer cool.....
David

Post by David »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:20 pm

And I, with my Life Saving medallions, will rescue them if swimmers get into difficulties. :thumbup:
I keep the cats fed and sustain the small engine Velo's.....
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Don't know if its available to you smelly ingleesh, but Parkside now do a 20v coffee machine.
Seriously tempted for the moho!