Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by Count Steer »

Demannu wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:00 am Don't know if its available to you smelly ingleesh, but Parkside now do a 20v coffee machine.
Seriously tempted for the moho!
Or an 18v Makita one?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-dcm50 ... bare/673hf
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The boss (FD) just plonked a bottle of JD and £25 of Amazon vouchers on my desk.

I found an issue in some T-SQL that the third party web integration company had written that was stopping some pricing syncing from our ERP, it took a whole five mins once they told me where the code was.

The sales director gave me a bottle of Dead Man's Finger a couple of months back for writing him an excel report.

I keep telling them that it's my job and they pay me pretty wellfor doing it, but a little extra appreciation is always nice.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

New passport applied for on Friday, received today. :thumbup:

I do look like an escaped convict in the photo, mind....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:27 pm
The sales director gave me a bottle of Dead Man's Finger a couple of months back for writing him an excel report.

I keep telling them that it's my job and they pay me pretty wellfor doing it, but a little extra appreciation is always nice.
All the boss gives me here is the middle finger!
Bloody Septic waltz'd in this morning, told me I sounded like Dick Van Dyke and harassed me for wearing what he described as a 'too tight turtle neck sweater' - I refuse fashion advice from a Yank wearing trainers he picked up from a market stall :thumbup:
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

I needed a log delivery but I didn't want it tipped on the gravel.

I knew it would be difficult for the driver to tip into the trailer, so I left him a note.

Not only did he put all the logs in the trailer by hand, he also covered them over before he left.

2 beers well 'spent'
Jody

Post by Jody »

I was back working in the tyre depot yesterday (Monday).

By lunchtime I had been told I was "Amazing" by one customer. I'd also been tipped £10 by another.

Then later, as I was about to leave I was given a 25% pay rise :banana-dance:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Jody wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:02 pm I was back working in the tyre depot yesterday (Monday).

By lunchtime I had been told I was "Amazing" by one customer. I'd also been tipped £10 by another.

You cant get better than a quick fit fitter :thumbup:
Jody

Post by Jody »

Felix wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:43 pm
Jody wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:02 pm I was back working in the tyre depot yesterday (Monday).

Today, a customer arrives at 5 minutes to closing.

I'm instructed by the boss to simply ascertain what tyres he needs. We will not be fitting them tonight, he can come back tomorrow.

As I go out, the guy is all apologetic, " Sorry it's late....... I'm not from round here ........ I'm going home tonight" . One glance at his tyres and I almost had no choice. They were completely bald, I couldn't even make out the tread pattern. Cords hanging out the edges.

" OK sir, I can't let you leave with them like that, I will stay late and fit these for you. Give me your keys, go see the girl in reception and lets get this done "
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Jody wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:39 pm

I'm instructed by the boss to simply ascertain what tyres he needs. We will not be fitting them tonight, he can come back tomorrow.

As I go out, the guy is all apologetic, " Sorry it's late....... I'm not from round here ........ I'm going home tonight" . One glance at his tyres and I almost had no choice. They were completely bald, I couldn't even make out the tread pattern. Cords hanging out the edges.

" OK sir, I can't let you leave with them like that, I will stay late and fit these for you. Give me your keys, go see the girl in reception and lets get this done "
Kind of you but how come he drives around until he's on the canvas :shock: then suddenly it's a last minute job?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

I remember seeing a sign behind the counter of a business (unspecified): “ a lack of preparedness on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours”.

Well done tho - both of you will have had a warm feeling, which is what it’s all about…
Felix

Post by Felix »

TBF in that state i would have probably said get on your bike and hope you get nicked.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Wossname wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:56 pm I remember seeing a sign behind the counter of a business (unspecified): “ a lack of preparedness on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours”.

Well done tho - both of you will have had a warm feeling, which is what it’s all about…
That reminds me when i got an MOT one year and the guy said pass but one advisory, Pitted disks. I said "You said that last year" the grease monkey piped up and said in s stern voice "You are meant to fix the advisory's over the year" Fuck you prick, if it was a dangerous issue i would have had a fail. Guy dishing out the MOT started laughing at his mate.
Jody

Post by Jody »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:55 pm

Kind of you but how come he drives around until he's on the canvas :shock: then suddenly it's a last minute job?
Its a valid point mate, but I'm well aware that some people don't think about thier cars, they just get in a drive. Ignorant for sure, but that's the way it is.
Jody

Post by Jody »

Felix wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:50 pm

TBF in that state i would have probably said get on your bike and hope you get nicked.
With a long drive home and a storm expected, he might not have made it. How might I have felt if he crashed and killed someone ?!
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Tonight's ferry to France got cancelled last night with the expected storm messaging I could book the chunnel instead.

Wasn't looking forward to what was looking like a bit of a bumpy crossing.
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:55 pm

IIRC Jody's still working in France...
non quod, sed quomodo
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

It's SNOWING!!!! Full on proper snow!! I'm very very happy - my colleagues are not!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taken late morning -

Taken 30 mins ago!! -

:bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

None of that funny white stuff here. No sirree :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Coming near the end of my daily dander,I chanced upon a flock of Goldfinches on the path. Such a blaze of vivid colours in the Autumn sunlight. My mood was as bright as the sun. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Skub wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:54 pm Coming near the end of my daily dander,I chanced upon a flock of Goldfinches on the path. Such a blaze of vivid colours in the Autumn sunlight. My mood was as bright as the sun. 8-)
Get a bag of nyjer seed and a feed and you'll have a garden full of gold finches.