Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
KungFooBob

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by KungFooBob »

For some reason, discovering that Yoshimura make a performance exhaust for the Super Carry made me smile.

https://shop.yoshimura-jp.com/syouhin/s ... Qtwwo7lc2A
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Fro once autorcurrect made I larf. I sent a text to the wife, who is out shopping, to hold off buying sinutab in case I get soemthing prescribed by the Doctor. It changed sinutab to donuts! :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:47 am Fro once autorcurrect made I larf. I sent a text to the wife, who is out shopping, to hold off buying sinutab in case I get soemthing prescribed by the Doctor. It changed sinutab to donuts! :lol:
Many years ago I worked with a Sikh called Amrajit. Autocorrect changed it to Armpit. The name stuck forever :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Many years ago I worked with an American gent called Ed Wank*. That's all I have to say on the matter.

*He insisted it was pronounced 'Vaaaahnk'. Wanker. :eh:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

At work we have these German devices that are installed to monitor Signalling power cables for faults. They're called "Bender" Units. This is because the Company owners family name is Bender. They even offered to change the name of them when used in the UK to stop the sniggering but were told not to.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:39 pm Many years ago I worked with an American gent called Ed Wank*. That's all I have to say on the matter.

*He insisted it was pronounced 'Vaaaahnk'. Wanker. :eh:
I used to work with a Dutch bloke called Eric Kockock, also known as Eric two cocks.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

At Lucas Aerospace in my distant youth, the top repair engineers were Brian Bogg n John Crapper. Honestly.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Ernst Kuntz - a guy that will stick in my memory for a long time.
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Chap on the T300 FB group has a spare rubber guard for the rear shock on my Triumph (Tore mine taking the drop links off at the weekend) and he only wants postage covered :obscene-drinkingcheers:
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
David

Post by David »

v8-powered wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:39 pm Ernst Kuntz - a guy that will stick in my memory for a long time.
Kunst is durch for art.

Can't imagine how dissapointing my first visit to the museum was......
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

David wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:01 am
v8-powered wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:39 pm Ernst Kuntz - a guy that will stick in my memory for a long time.
Kunst is durch for art.

Can't imagine how dissapointing my first visit to the museum was......
Attachments
IMAG0403~2.jpg
IMAG0403~2.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 841 times
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

There's an area in Milton Keynes called Furzton. I was dating a German girl and she laughed when she saw it.

Means fart noise in German apparently ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

parcelmonitor.com. Fooking aces. Bung in tracking numbers from anywhere and it keeps you updated on all the listed parcels progress and you can view their status online too. :thumbup: Dunno how this flew under my radar!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I just had a serious compliment! I was told I speak really well and even use proper conjugation :D :bblonde: :bblonde:

Being stupidly shy, I rarely go to bars alone if I'm not sure I'll know someone there. I went to somewhere completely out of my comfort zone tonight cos a mate would be there. Ended up sat with some girls I know that were chatting to each other (way too fast for me and I don't really do girl chat! Ended up there because as the rugby started the guys had moved to another table and I could see the tv from where I was so stayed put!)). Then I was in the way of some kids that were playing (it's a bowling alley and there was a fairly big kids party on it's last legs by the time I got there!! These kids were climbing a very suspicious pole that was close to me!! :lol: )

So, the other happy thing was that my mate looked round and saw that I was stood alone (away from kids, but still in sight of the tv!) and came and got me to go stand with him and his mates. I chatted with two of them (separately!!) and both were complimentary, but the second one was the one that commented on my grammar :D :D :D

Having been told by ESF (ski school) that my French "isn't good enough for their clients" I was very chuffed!! LOL When I told this guy about that he just flipped the bird in the general direction of ESF :lol: :lol: :lol: Proper funny!! LOL

So, I'm trying to chill out enough to sleep as want to be up reasonably early tomorrow, but will be going to bed wearing a very big smile :bblonde: :bblonde: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :bblonde: :bblonde: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Dono about happy but made me laugh. Bought a new laptop with a big 17.5 screen and when i ordered it i never noticed it was touch screen also. Probably that annoying feature cost me an extra 100 quid but Not even a week in and it just disabled it :lol:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Was invited to go on a lunchtime run by two young 'uns in the office yesterday. I had my gear in my drawer, so I gratefully accepted their kind offer, on the condition that they bear in mind I'm 30 years older than them.
I should point out that he is a keen football player and she is living with a qualified PT.

We did my little 5k-ish route to Shadwell Basin with the outdoor gym at the halfway point. Both were struggling to keep up with me, and neither could they do the dips, pull ups and press up routine I do at the gym.

Honestly, what do they teach these kids at school these days?

Maybe I'm not such a chubby old duffer, after all. :lol: Permit me a small, insignificant fist pump, if you would be so kind.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cooking breakfast outside my camper in the sunshine.😁
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:18 am Cooking breakfast outside my camper in the sunshine.😁
Any meal tastes better, as the Italians would say, al fuori. :thumbup:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Out for a few beers with two good friends last night, to have a man-chat about my on-going health issues. Cue the opening jokes and wordplays, then the obligatory piss-taking, then a couple of pints in, the quite deep chat about my concerns, their opinions and reassurances. Then break the seriousness with more piss-taking.

Good friends are priceless.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:08 am Was invited to go on a lunchtime run by two young 'uns in the office yesterday. I had my gear in my drawer, so I gratefully accepted their kind offer, on the condition that they bear in mind I'm 30 years older than them.
I should point out that he is a keen football player and she is living with a qualified PT.

We did my little 5k-ish route to Shadwell Basin with the outdoor gym at the halfway point. Both were struggling to keep up with me, and neither could they do the dips, pull ups and press up routine I do at the gym.

Honestly, what do they teach these kids at school these days?

Maybe I'm not such a chubby old duffer, after all. :lol: Permit me a small, insignificant fist pump, if you would be so kind.
Bunch of guys at work recently did a charity cycle ride between two of our sites, 120 miles apart.

Most of em were lycrad up of course, but one guy in his 50s did it on a mountain bike wearing 3/4 length shorts :D. He vrrrmm vrrrmmmed the whole way on his knobbly tyres and still finished alongside the whipper snappers on their aero bikes :lol: