Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by gremlin »

What's worse than having your neighbour's kids having a basketball hoop and hearing 'bounce, bounce, bounce...doiiiing' repetitively?

Finding out that next door to them just got one for their kid too...

Double 'bounce, bounce, bounce...doiiing'

thumbdown:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:53 pm What's worse than having your neighbour's kids having a basketball hoop and hearing 'bounce, bounce, bounce...doiiiing' repetitively?

thumbdown:
Better than a drum kit...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

gremlin wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:53 pm What's worse than having your neighbour's kids having a basketball hoop and hearing 'bounce, bounce, bounce...doiiiing' repetitively?

thumbdown:
Maybe both neighbours will now realise how irritating it is.
Get your own and only get it out after midnight, then watch as both neighbours get angry with each other saying 'it wasn't my kid out there then'.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

thumbdown:
Up in Bradford I lived in an end terrace. The kid opposite used to play tennis against the house wall.

Was bloody annoying. But was trying to sh@g his cute mum so had to let it go :D
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:10 pm Bloody Ducati, again! The dealer, not the bike!!

I emailed this morning to ask how long it would take for the CoC to arrive once I've visited them with the bike, this was the reply -
It may take 2 months to receive the certificate.

On the other hand, I forgot to tell you that we will have to replace the speedo and the headlight.

Cost of parts 730.27€ for a total of 1099.27€ for the replacement parts with the certificate.

FFS!! Hasn't actually told me the price of the CoC either :roll: :roll:

So, have to go back to him to say the headlight has already been changed and I'm also scanning ebay - have found a sticker for 40€ (:roll:) to put inside the clocks to change everything to kms. What's the betting the shop won't accept that :roll:

OMG it would have been so much easier not to have kept the bastard thing but I've no way of getting it back to the uk and I do kinda love it really, in a very masochistic kinda way :roll: :roll:
Can you find some used KM's clocks on Le Bon Coin or FB marketplace?

These guys might have some.....
https://www.leboncoin.fr/offre/equipeme ... 2236498813
Jody

Post by Jody »

My dog still hasn't worked out the doorbell noise he keeps hearing is on an advert on the radio.

I don't even bloomin' have a doorbell !!!!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jody wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:10 pm Bloody Ducati, again! The dealer, not the bike!!

I emailed this morning to ask how long it would take for the CoC to arrive once I've visited them with the bike, this was the reply -
It may take 2 months to receive the certificate.

On the other hand, I forgot to tell you that we will have to replace the speedo and the headlight.

Cost of parts 730.27€ for a total of 1099.27€ for the replacement parts with the certificate.

FFS!! Hasn't actually told me the price of the CoC either :roll: :roll:

So, have to go back to him to say the headlight has already been changed and I'm also scanning ebay - have found a sticker for 40€ (:roll:) to put inside the clocks to change everything to kms. What's the betting the shop won't accept that :roll:

OMG it would have been so much easier not to have kept the bastard thing but I've no way of getting it back to the uk and I do kinda love it really, in a very masochistic kinda way :roll: :roll:
Can you find some used KM's clocks on Le Bon Coin or FB marketplace?

These guys might have some.....
https://www.leboncoin.fr/offre/equipeme ... 2236498813
I'm looking. Been given a couple of other sites that do secondhand stuff. Generally, clocks will be too expensive, so I'll call the Ducati guy to confirm he's received the photo of the clock+stickers and see if he'll accept that.

TBF, if they were a little less rigid about all this (and a bit more helpful!!) I'd aim to use them in the future for help with the bike but right now, once I have the CoC, I'm not feeling like giving them extra business!! :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Just been talking to the old man, he's got himself so sunburnt that a nurse has been to visit him. His legs are so blistered and weeping she's given him antibiotics to try an keep any potential infection at bay. The silly fucker has skin cancer and is constantly nagged to wear suncream, there's bottles of factor 50 dotted around the house, he would have walked past a couple to get to the door.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:09 pm Just been talking to the old man, he's got himself so sunburnt that a nurse has been to visit him. His legs are so blistered and weeping she's given him antibiotics to try an keep any potential infection at bay. The silly fucker has skin cancer and is constantly nagged to wear suncream, there's bottles of factor 50 dotted around the house, he would have walked past a couple to get to the door.
We see scores of folk, burnt to buggery. They forget how far south they are and how strong the sun is. The Sahara is only 85 miles away.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Yorick wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:15 pm The Sahara is only 85 miles away.
It's ben on my cars the last couple of days....bloody desert.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:17 pm
It's everywhere here when the wind blows.
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

Yorick wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:25 pm
Somebody told me that's why solar energy is not promoted in the Canaries . I believe you queried this in the energy thread ? Too Much dust ( sand ) for effective solar panels ?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Treadeager wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:24 pm
Yorick wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:25 pm

Somebody told me that's why solar energy is not promoted in the Canaries . I believe you queried this in the energy thread ? Too Much dust ( sand ) for effective solar panels ?
No. There was a massive tax on solar energy in Spain.

Try a Google for Spain and solar power
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:09 pm Just been talking to the old man, he's got himself so sunburnt that a nurse has been to visit him. His legs are so blistered and weeping she's given him antibiotics to try an keep any potential infection at bay. The silly fucker has skin cancer and is constantly nagged to wear suncream, there's bottles of factor 50 dotted around the house, he would have walked past a couple to get to the door.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how old your Dad is but it's sad he doesn't take care.

I'm an old man, had blond hair before it turned grey and have to be very careful in the sun, I live in a very sunny place but I never use sun cream. I don't get burnt either though. I'm very careful with my sunbathing early in the year while getting a tan and then I'm careful the rest of the time while keeping it. It's not difficult so I get the impression your Dad is not caring about himself too much. That's sad.
Jody

Post by Jody »

People who go to a venue to watch the sport on the big screen. Having found themselves a good spot, they proceed to not pay any attention to the game because they spend the whole time talking to their mates. If you're not fussed about the game, consider other people and move away so those who want to watch, can.

That said, I did get to 'mostly' watch France beat the allblacks while sat on a beach in Biarritz :banana-dance:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

1st of 3 MOT's for the day is a fail :angry-cussingblack:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Never mind, sounds like you've got 2 more goes at it :thumbup:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

It must be an old man thing, I went to see my old man a few years ago in Cornwall where he lives. I arrived at his place to find him sun bathing (as usual), with his usual factor 2 tanning oil (or it could be WD40, I'm never sure) and a large scar on his chest which turned out to be from where he'd just had some skin cancer removed!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Yambo wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:37 pm I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how old your Dad is but it's sad he doesn't take care.

I'm an old man, had blond hair before it turned grey and have to be very careful in the sun, I live in a very sunny place but I never use sun cream. I don't get burnt either though. I'm very careful with my sunbathing early in the year while getting a tan and then I'm careful the rest of the time while keeping it. It's not difficult so I get the impression your Dad is not caring about himself too much. That's sad.
He'll be 88 next month. He's by himself and is able to look after himself, he gets an hour of care every day as well. He drove buses for a lot of his working life and the skin cancer is mainly on the right side of his face with a bit on top of his head. He can't see the top of his head so doesn't use the cream he's been given as often as he should. He's quite dark skinned and has always tanned easily which is part of the problem in getting him to use sun cream, he does wear a hat though.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Previous owner of my house converted the garden tap into a twin tap fitting, fine. Both taps are dripping now, so I finally got around to (attempting) replacement today.

One is just screwed in + PTFE tape, as I expected.

The other is screwed and soldered in. Just why?! Surely there can't be a good reason for this?

:angry-cussingblack: :lol:

Different thread fittings too FWIW. Guessing he just had some random bits in his box (he was a cowboy gas fitter) and he "made it all fit".

I'm gonna have to blag a blowtorch from somewhere.