NBT: I've bought a Honda!

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: NBT: I've bought a Honda!

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy69 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:36 am I'm waiting for my new secondhand bike. Not a honda though. 🤫
Errrrrrm say what now ?
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

🤐 for now. Beautiful pic's to follow. 🙂
Yamaha rocket 3
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I'm picking up my Honda on Friday 8th September, I could have had it Wednesday but I'm required at work, and as work pays for motorcycles I have to be there.
Honda Owner
slowhare

Post by slowhare »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:21 pm I'm picking up my Honda on Friday 8th September, I could have had it Wednesday but I'm required at work, and as work pays for motorcycles I have to be there.
Fabulous!

Is it a Grom?
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:21 pm I'm picking up my Honda on Friday 8th September, I could have had it Wednesday but I'm required at work, and as work pays for motorcycles I have to be there.
I just had another look at one in a main dealer today - it was the only bike they had that I'd want to get (apart from some nice stuff from other marques in the used stock...).
Le_Fromage_Grande

ChrisW wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:32 pm
I just had another look at one in a main dealer today - it was the only bike they had that I'd want to get (apart from some nice stuff from other marques in the used stock...).
For me it was the Honda or a Z900RS, and I don't fit the Kawasaki, and I think the Honda looks nicer.
Honda Owner
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:34 pm
For me it was the Honda or a Z900RS, and I don't fit the Kawasaki, and I think the Honda looks nicer.
Funnily enough,3 of us were drooling over a Z900RS on the campsite at the Classic TT last week.Earlier today one of us who currently runs a Busa posted a photo of him sat on a Z900RS on our Whatsapp group page.That red/white & blue Honda that you posted looks tidy but I don't recall seeing one on the road.Is it much bigger than your Suzuki? I was surprised how low the Suzuki seat height is,not that I'm complaining as a 5'6 shortarse.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bustaspoke wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:49 pm Is it much bigger than your Suzuki? I was surprised how low the Suzuki seat height is,not that I'm complaining as a 5'6 shortarse.
Honda is pretty low.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Bustaspoke wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:49 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:34 pm
Funnily enough,3 of us were drooling over a Z900RS on the campsite at the Classic TT last week.Earlier today one of us who currently runs a Busa posted a photo of him sat on a Z900RS on our Whatsapp group page.That red/white & blue Honda that you posted looks tidy but I don't recall seeing one on the road.Is it much bigger than your Suzuki? I was surprised how low the Suzuki seat height is,not that I'm complaining as a 5'6 shortarse.
It's pretty much the same as the Suzuki, if anything a little lower, handlebars feel about 20mm lower, I've got a 29" inside leg and I can get both feet down flat on the Honda, the Suzuki is the same, but I do weigh 14 stone, so I may compress the suspension more than you.
Honda Owner
Le_Fromage_Grande

IMG_20230904_172817_(900_x_2000_pixel).jpg
IMG_20230904_172817_(900_x_2000_pixel).jpg (480.86 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Mine, all mine, picked it up this afternoon (got the afternoon off for getting paid £900 to watch little blue bars go across a screen at the weekend)

Probably the best motorcycle I've ever ridden, the suspension is superb, especially the forks, it handles beautifully, it's one of those bikes that you feel like you can just lean until something scrapes, it's slower steering than the GSXS750 I traded in for it, but handles better for it, it feels like a 4 cylinder Supermoto. The forks feel a bit soft, and they dive like an Italian footballer when you brake, it may need a bit more compression damping to solve this, but I'll wait until I'm used to it. It may need a bit more low speed compression damping on the rear, but I don't think the shock has adjustable compression damping.

It's fecking fast, like 98 R1 fast, the engine is not as smooth as the Suzuki, but it's bigger and has only done a fifth of the miles, so it might be a little tight, or it might just be how Honda have set the power up in Standard mode, I may reduce the engine braking to make it a bit smoother. At 4000rpm you can here the air being sucked into the air box, it sounds like wind blowing through a hole, maybe an air box flap opens.

The dash was better on the Suzuki, the information you needed was easier to see, like how much fuel is left, the Honda puts this near the rev counter and it's not obvious, but I prefer the rev counter display on the Honda.

Comfort, it's comfortable for longer than the Suzuki, but once it gets uncomfortable, it's really uncomfortable. The little screen works quite well, but I may fit something a bit bigger. Handlebars are wider than the Suzuki, probably about the same height once you're riding as the rear shock squats more than the Suzuki.

The brakes feel very sharp, but they're no better than the Suzukis, maybe not as good for actual stopping power, but there's nothing wrong with them.

And I can park in a disabled space because I'm a bit of a Spaz

And it's feckin loud at low speed, really throaty noise
Honda Owner
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Lovely looking thing & you're obviously enjoying it :thumbup:
Le_Fromage_Grande

ChrisW wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:00 pm Lovely looking thing & you're obviously enjoying it :thumbup:
It's fantastic, it power wheelies in second gear in standard mode
Honda Owner
Le_Fromage_Grande

It doesn't have a range indicator, which is a little annoying, the Suzuki did.
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:47 pm IMG_20230904_172817_(900_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Mine, all mine, picked it up this afternoon (got the afternoon off for getting paid £900 to watch little blue bars go across a screen at the weekend)

Probably the best motorcycle I've ever ridden, the suspension is superb, especially the forks, it handles beautifully, it's one of those bikes that you feel like you can just lean until something scrapes, it's slower steering than the GSXS750 I traded in for it, but handles better for it, it feels like a 4 cylinder Supermoto. The forks feel a bit soft, and they dive like an Italian footballer when you brake, it may need a bit more compression damping to solve this, but I'll wait until I'm used to it. It may need a bit more low speed compression damping on the rear, but I don't think the shock has adjustable compression damping.

It's fecking fast, like 98 R1 fast, the engine is not as smooth as the Suzuki, but it's bigger and has only done a fifth of the miles, so it might be a little tight, or it might just be how Honda have set the power up in Standard mode, I may reduce the engine braking to make it a bit smoother. At 4000rpm you can here the air being sucked into the air box, it sounds like wind blowing through a hole, maybe an air box flap opens.

The dash was better on the Suzuki, the information you needed was easier to see, like how much fuel is left, the Honda puts this near the rev counter and it's not obvious, but I prefer the rev counter display on the Honda.

Comfort, it's comfortable for longer than the Suzuki, but once it gets uncomfortable, it's really uncomfortable. The little screen works quite well, but I may fit something a bit bigger. Handlebars are wider than the Suzuki, probably about the same height once you're riding as the rear shock squats more than the Suzuki.

The brakes feel very sharp, but they're no better than the Suzukis, maybe not as good for actual stopping power, but there's nothing wrong with them.

And I can park in a disabled space because I'm a bit of a Spaz

And it's feckin loud at low speed, really throaty noise
Told ya
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:44 pm It doesn't have a range indicator, which is a little annoying, the Suzuki did.
Must admit I love that feature so that's a shame, but the bike sounds epic so sure you'll get used to it again. Looks really good too
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:49 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:44 pm It doesn't have a range indicator, which is a little annoying, the Suzuki did.
Must admit I love that feature so that's a shame, but the bike sounds epic so sure you'll get used to it again. Looks really good too
I quite like it on mine, but in the past I coped with filling it up and resetting the trip meter. And waiting for reserve ;)
Le_Fromage_Grande

For years I just rode bikes until they went onto reserve then filled them up, but I do think the range thing is a really good feature, it does show average speed, which is probably best not used, as I'll be doing laps of the same route and trying to up my average speed.
Honda Owner
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:35 pm For years I just rode bikes until they went onto reserve then filled them up, but I do think the range thing is a really good feature, it does show average speed, which is probably best not used, as I'll be doing laps of the same route and trying to up my average speed.
From what I heard, you'll be safe

*hides behind sifa
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:35 pm it does show average speed, which is probably best not used, as I'll be doing laps of the same route and trying to up my average speed.
My JDM FZ750 has a red light on the clocks that comes on at approx 55mph.Apparently it's the Japaneses speed limit,I used to try & keep the light on around some of the locxl twisties :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bustaspoke wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:16 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:35 pm it does show average speed, which is probably best not used, as I'll be doing laps of the same route and trying to up my average speed.
My JDM FZ750 has a red light on the clocks that comes on at approx 55mph.Apparently it's the Japaneses speed limit,I used to try & keep the light on around some of the locxl twisties :D
:obscene-birdiedoublered: