2023 OFFICIAL Extravaganza trackday thread. come one, come all. 11/12/13 August

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Welsh Muffin

Re: 2023 OFFICIAL Extravaganza trackday thread. come one, come all. 11/12/13 August

Post by Welsh Muffin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:40 am
Alan PBTD wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:56 pm Dear All

Not good news but we've had to cancel the Friday Trackday - so will just run the Saturday and Sunday. Sign of the times, I'm afraid - although the Saturday bookings are Ok, at the moment Sunday's not good and Friday even worse - even with projected future bookings between now and then.

I'm sorting out the paperwork over the next few days so you'll have to bear with me - but if you want to contact me pls use the E mail address admin@philbevantrackdays.co.uk ONLY.

Apologies but it's sign of the current UK market.

ta

Alan
Consdiering all the talk and chat about UK dates i was quite surprised to see a decent turn-out last week at Silverstone. But that may be as it was combined with the one they cancelled the month before as they'd hired the track out for the new Brad Pitt movie.
But yeah they're all suffering at the moment, so i don't think you're alone in this problem at all. It's a shame, but if it doesn't work financially, then it makes very little sense.
I'll see if @Welsh Muffin fancies the Sunday instead of the Friday mate and ping you a mail either way.
Given it’s my birthday on Sunday it’s very tempting. However, having done a few of these ;) I know how I’ll be feeling from the Saturday night :obscene-drinkingcheers: and not sure how well riding would go!! :lol: :lol:
Beancounter

Re: 2023 OFFICIAL Extravaganza trackday thread. come one, come all. 11/12/13 August

Post by Beancounter »

Heard back from Twids - sorting out social schedules with his missus at the mo'. Hoping to at least turn up, if not ride. Watch this space.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Arrggh. I have the extended family down to stay with an unspecified end date, but was beginning to think I might come anyway. But I can't get the bloody bike in for its 600 mile service before that date. I bloody love Pembrey too 😭

mutter mutter
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Technically I still have the R6 track bike, but although I fixed the mechanical parts after Muz threw it at the scenery, I never fixed/changed the fairing. It's due to be my winter project now I'm reclaiming the garage 😆
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sunny wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:59 pm Technically I still have the R6 track bike, but although I fixed the mechanical parts after Muz threw it at the scenery, I never fixed/changed the fairing. It's due to be my winter project now I'm reclaiming the garage 😆
Can you gaffa tape/cable tie the fairing? Think DaveN's R6 (was it??) with the ply dash!! :D :D

:1 :1
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:13 am
Sunny wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:59 pm Technically I still have the R6 track bike, but although I fixed the mechanical parts after Muz threw it at the scenery, I never fixed/changed the fairing. It's due to be my winter project now I'm reclaiming the garage 😆
Can you gaffa tape/cable tie the fairing? Think DaveN's R6 (was it??) with the ply dash!! :D :D

:1 :1
I could, but I've also remembered I've just bought a motorbike so am also skint 🤦 I was getting carried away 😆
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Right then, we're getting closer. I don't think anyone is coming who's not been before. So hopefully not many questions

Point of order

1. Bring licence, no licence no ride
2. Don't bring a noisy exhaust. If it fails, you go home.
3. Enjoy!
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:43 pm Right then, we're getting closer. I don't think anyone is coming who's not been before. So hopefully not many questions

Point of order

1. Bring licence, no licence no ride
2. Don't bring a noisy exhaust. If it fails, you go home.
3. Enjoy!
Sorry if this has been asked before, what time does the track open on the Friday for us to set up camp etc.?
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

U can access the circuit from 6.00pm Friday night - and up until 10.00pm. If the main electric gate is shut then ring Phil Bevan on 07885 453 191 and he'll come down and open it for you. Otherwise the main gates will be open @ 7.00am Saturday morning.

Signing On docs will be sent out Sunday night - to the E mail address you used when u booked. Please read and fill in before u arrive @ Pembrey.

As previously stated we have a new agreement with Carmarthenshire County Council regarding noise. If u fail the drive by noise meter you will have an opportunity to sort it but if it fails again then the machine is parked up. There's no 3rd/ 4th / 5th chance...I got better things to do..
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Anyone stopping in for a pint then as you have to pass the pub on way to track?
tricol

Post by tricol »

Given the recent flip in the forecast, I might be heading straight for the hotel. Where is the pub?
Yamaha MT09 SP
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Attached to hotel. Premier inn east
tricol

Post by tricol »

So how's everyone feeling about next weekend?

I'm beginning to have doubts tbh, looking at the forecast. Not sure I fancy 3 days on the trot getting pissed on. Let's hope things improve.
Yamaha MT09 SP
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Thought it was getting better this week. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It's a great little get-together with beer n chat. If the tracks wet, you go slower, or sit under the gazebo. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
tricol

Post by tricol »

During the week yea, but another low coming in on Friday.

Ignore my pessimism, just my usual Sunday night shite.
Yamaha MT09 SP
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

TD ''Signing On'' e mails have gone out earlier - covering page should look like this :

Dear Track Day Rider :

Please read this thoroughly. These are your ‘’Signing On’’ Documentation for Phil Bevan Trackdays @ Pembrey for Saturday and Sunday 12th and 13th August 2023

You may of heard there is a change of procedure regarding Noise Control – all the information is:- HERE . Make sure your bike correctly silenced to 96.00 DB Drive By or you won’t get ‘’on track’’. If you a running any sort of non-Standard / Race silencer a quality DB killer must be fitted.

Here’s how you ‘’Sign On’’ - you’ll will need your On-Line Confirmation number – it begins PBTD****** and then click on this link:-

Sign On

If you have a problem seeing the link (especially on your mobile ) then please use this one:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1etsgsn ... ivRzQ/edit

Fill in all the details, click on the additional links again complete the boxes then click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page. You’ll get a copy when you’ve done it and I’ll have one as well. If you’ve booked for additional people please forward this E mail to them.

In the meantime

• All Signing On procedures are now completed ‘’On Line’’. This includes the actual Signing On, The Safety Briefing, and your conformation of our Terms and Conditions.
• The only bit you must do is collect your wristband and bike number from the office. We will have an additional short briefing - for all Riders @ 8.30am prompt.
• Please ensure you ‘’Sign On’’ before arriving at Pembrey.
• If you have any questions – or can’t find your confirmation number please Email admin@philbevantrackdays.co.uk and I’ll dig it out for you.
• Until you’ve ‘’Signed On’’, you won’t get your wristband or bike number. Those booked for both days this weekend will only have to ‘’Sign On’’ once – but you need to collect new numbers and wristbands every day
• ‘’Signing On’’ Office will be open between 7.30am and 8.25am and then reopen @ 9.30am. If you haven’t ‘’Signed On’’ / collected your Wristband etc before 8.25am you may miss your first session. If you’re going to be late arriving please let us know.

And some more GENERAL CHANGES :
• Back Protectors are mandatory for all riders. Random checks will be made at the end of each session and if you are found not to be wearing one – having just come ‘’off track’’ your Track day will finish. This is a vitally important ruling – principally for your safety and there are no exceptions.
• Access to the circuit will be from 7.00am on Saturday 12th August . If you are travelling distances and wish to arrive on the Friday evening there is limited access from 6.00pm until 10.00pm. Please do not arrive outside these times. If the main gate is closed, then ring Phil Bevan on 07885 453 191 and he’ll open it for you. DO NOT RING ME !
• Catering will be available during our events – daytime hours.
• Tyre support will be available as normal – likewise suspension support.
• Front Brake Lever protectors MUST be fitted – if you’ve not got one fitted to your bike you will not be allowed on track.
• Spectators are allowed at our events – likewise children and families – but please note there are specific play area’s for them – not in the paddock !
• Please note any form of battery operated / electric scooter are now not allowed. Bicycles are miles better for you anyway..
• Nigel from EDP Photo News will be taking photographs on the day – he’s at : http://www.edpphoto.com/phil-bevan-track-day/
• Camping is allowed – but please no ‘’open fires’’ – whatever the weather is…

I’ll look forward to receiving your ‘’Signing On’’ confirmations – please don’t leave it until Saturday morning - as apart from anything else, I’ll assume you’re still coming…

We’re all looking forward to a safe and enjoyable event.

Alan Holland
Phil Bevan Trackdays
Mobile 07968 208 132

Phil Bevan
Mobile 07885 453 191
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

All forms completed and returned ......i'll pack the leathers for Saturday and wear textiles for the trip there and back judging by the forecast so far
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:04 pm All forms completed and returned ......i'll pack the leathers for Saturday and wear textiles for the trip there and back judging by the forecast so far
Oh dear, I've not even looked.

However, I've slept most of the last 6 weekends in a tent in the rain, so it'd just be a bloody normal weekend for me. But with less muddy clothing
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:09 pm
Bigyin wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:04 pm All forms completed and returned ......i'll pack the leathers for Saturday and wear textiles for the trip there and back judging by the forecast so far

However, I've slept most of the last 6 weekends in a tent in the rain, so it'd just be a bloody normal weekend for me. But with less muddy clothing
Is that after your night in the hotel on Friday ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:20 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:09 pm

Is that after your night in the hotel on Friday ;)
Ah man, after all these weekends in a tent you've got to give me 1 night in a hotel without abuse... i've earned it :D