A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Demannu

Re: A right now thread

Post by Demannu »

They've been threatening to pop out for the last couple of days, and now, just in time for the TDF.
20230708_094237.jpg
20230708_094237.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 658 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Day off cancelled so that the bosses can go watch the downhill championships in Les Arcs!

But. Life could be worse! There’s some cloud around so when that hides the sun, the wind feels a bit chilly, but, it’s not a bad place to sit and not sunbathe outside for a day!!! I’ve got a book and some crochet so when I get bored of t’internet, I have stuff to do :D :D (this Saturday is expected to be quiet, I’m hoping it is cos I’m still a little nervous about doing stuff here solo!!)

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Had a swim. Now refreshments
20230708_182033.jpg
20230708_182033.jpg (1.9 MiB) Viewed 618 times
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

MOTHERFUCKA!!!!!
just drying myself down after a refreshing swim and bam!
Felt like a red hot needle had been inserted in my ankle.
Yep, its wasp season! Wife got stung on the hand yesterday, tomorrow the wasp spray comes out and I go genocidal!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sat with my feet in a bowl of really cold water!!! :lol: Here's hoping the physio (not the gorgeous young man sadly) can work out what is making them hurt so much :cross-fingers:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

0230, just got to bed. Some fuckwit lorry driver decided to spill diesel along about 3 miles of the A43 at 25 minutes to knock off time!! 4 hours overtime, thank you!!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:41 pm Sat with my feet in a bowl of really cold water!!! :lol: Here's hoping the physio (not the gorgeous young man sadly) can work out what is making them hurt so much :cross-fingers:
Maybe visit a doctor as well.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Pirahna wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:16 am
Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:41 pm Sat with my feet in a bowl of really cold water!!! :lol: Here's hoping the physio (not the gorgeous young man sadly) can work out what is making them hurt so much :cross-fingers:
Maybe visit a doctor as well.
I pretty much know what it is as have suffered it before. I don't walk well because my right foot is completely flat to the floor, so I think I've always compensated. The last year I've probably compensated due to the plate and fear of doing more damage. Now I'm trying to walk properly and not compensate (and further!) and I'm also standing most of the day for work, it's shocked the muscles and some aren't functioning properly.

Physio has helped already (the muscles down the front of both shins were stupidly tight, but also each was at a different level :roll:), but I will add it to the 'list' for the GP in a week or two!!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I'm sat in the shade about 1700 metres asl on Sandras Mountain, drinking tea with a bunch of astronomers/astrophotographers at what is commonly called a star party.

For the last 2 nights I've been doing some electronic assisted astronomy, pointing my astrophotography rig at a target of anyone's choice. It's a sort of outreach event, lots of kids and interested adults. There's about 50 telescopes set up for simple viewing and photography. I'm the only one putting my images on a TV screen.

I'm little more than a novice at this but I've been answering so many questions about telescopes, cameras and techniques to make it clear we are all winging it!

One more night and I probably won't get round to taking any images for myself but that doesn't matter. The sky is dark and fantastic. I'll come back to take my own photos later.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I'm back home and it's 7:20 pm. The sun went behind the hills about an hour ago but in my kitchen, basically the coolest room in my house, it's 35°C.

My skin is leaking profusely and I need a shower but all the hotels around me are pretty much full and the water pressure/volume is down to little more than a trickle.

I like the heat (it's far more preferable to cold) but it's taking the piss now. It was well over 40°C today and the next two days are going to be the same or hotter.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yambo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:27 pm I'm back home and it's 7:20 pm. The sun went behind the hills about an hour ago but in my kitchen, basically the coolest room in my house, it's 35°C.

My skin is leaking profusely and I need a shower but all the hotels around me are pretty much full and the water pressure/volume is down to little more than a trickle.

I like the heat (it's far more preferable to cold) but it's taking the piss now. It was well over 40°C today and the next two days are going to be the same or hotter.
Cool off in the sea?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:50 pm
Yambo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:27 pm I'm back home and it's 7:20 pm. The sun went behind the hills about an hour ago but in my kitchen, basically the coolest room in my house, it's 35°C.

Cool off in the sea?

Sea, pool or shower are all available options but you don't get much done when you use them. Today I've been sorting out all my astro gear because it was dusty up on the mountain, done some ironing and sorted out M's downstairs loo. I also managed to have a beer with friends that are heading back to UK in the early hours of the morning. I'm not on holiday yanno! :D
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Free concert in the local ville
Be rude not to!
20230720_210936.jpg
20230720_210936.jpg (675.7 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Horse

Post by Horse »

Just back from helping run a first aid (defib & CPR) session for a WI group.

24 womens and me in the room. Had to cover my ears when they were discussing the effects of age and gravity on female anatomy :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Demannu wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:12 pm Free concert in the local ville
Be rude not to!
20230720_210936.jpg
Koko jean and the tonics if you'd care to YouTube them
Awesome night of free entertainment courtesy of the doupchat blues festival!
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

12 of us are off to the local Beer Festival tomorrow. I made sausage rolls to take with us. Pork, apple and venison and garlic and chilli.

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Driven to Stansted. Again.

Got chucked off the motorway twice on some convoluted diversion. Again.

Seen what looks like two convoluted diversions on the way back.

Currently waiting for in-laws in a crowded arrivals Hall, seeing their flight is landing nearly an hour late.

I'm tired and longing for my bed. :thumbdown:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Oh, and parking for just over an hour....£22. :hmmm:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

At ghe. Brightlingsea regatta which is pretty much closed down by the weather! Such a shame as a lot of effort has been put into organising it! Managed a nice lunch by the marina though and currently cosied up looking at this!

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Feeling a bit blathered.
Dog is ill so Pen dropped us in town about 6 on her way to an arts festival.
She was late picking us, about 10:00

Then her nephew arrived and bought me a beer :D

The square in town is the happiest place in the world I can imagine.

Now she's singing and playing the piano while I talk shite on here :D