A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: A right now thread

Post by ZRX61 »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:31 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:24 am Up, coffee, a 5k run, a swim, sex, a shower, now coffee and peanut butter on toast.
Standard Saturday morning for me.
Filthy bugger. Shower before sex please.
Maybe it was a solo act...
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I'm taking my daughter & two other girls to their prom this evening & there's a chance of rain. I have two cars to choose from that I can fit 4 people in - the one with no roof, literally no roof, that they really want to go in and a Jag SUV (boooo!).

I have to commit at around 4pm and I'm watching the weather radar like I'm on pit-wall...
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:02 pm I'm taking my daughter & two other girls to their prom this evening & there's a chance of rain. I have two cars to choose from that I can fit 4 people in - the one with no roof, literally no roof, that they really want to go in and a Jag SUV (boooo!).

I have to commit at around 4pm and I'm watching the weather radar like I'm on pit-wall...
Got that drama to look forward to in 2 weeks time!

Around 10 overly dramatic girls coming round for photos and whatever in our garden beforehand but they've booked a chavtastic limo to take them - apparently parents taking them in nice cars is 'cringe and awkward' ????? A new Lotus Emira was offered plus pretty much anything from the local Porsche dealer too....
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm on a training course. I'm not listening though and have been buying a number plate for my bike and looking at Facebook etc. These courses are pointless for me as I won't remember anything they say and will work it out if I need to use it or ask them for help. :shifty:
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:28 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:02 pm I'm taking my daughter & two other girls to their prom this evening & there's a chance of rain. I have two cars to choose from that I can fit 4 people in - the one with no roof, literally no roof, that they really want to go in and a Jag SUV (boooo!).

Got that drama to look forward to in 2 weeks time!

Around 10 overly dramatic girls coming round for photos and whatever in our garden beforehand but they've booked a chavtastic limo to take them - apparently parents taking them in nice cars is 'cringe and awkward' ????? A new Lotus Emira was offered plus pretty much anything from the local Porsche dealer too....
Best of luck!

I'm off the clock once I've dropped them at the venue. They're being picked up by one of the other girls' parents & staying over at the other one's house. I fully intend to relax this evening...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Just back from lunch with @Mr Moofo who was a great host showing us around Shoreham on sea.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:03 pm Just back from lunch with @Mr Moofo who was a great host showing us around Shoreham on sea.
By Sea , please
The locals have been know to kill folk who come in and call it “on sea” or “upon sea”, or “by the sea”
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

On the ferry to Fuertaventura. Lovely roads await me :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sitting in the wooden office/hut thing (they cal it a chalet :lol: ) being bored.

LOADS of works happening so it’s bastard noisy. Boss is making sure he’s anywhere else except the noisy place! And, noise means no one even stops to ask questions :cry:

A bit chilly in the shade and a bit burny in the sun!! :lol:

At least next week it will be busier - hopefully I’ll know enough to be useful!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Having a cup of coffee and painting the stair case. This water based wood paint sure makes things a lot quicker.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Just getting ready to take a funeral at the crem in a short while. Then back to church to provide a thought for the day at our "Old Folks" club. Then fetch the wife and head to Rochester on the bike for the Summer Party at the Bishop's Palace (ie his home).
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

WTching YouTube videos…

Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Sat in Laruns, drinking vodka watching the Tour de France caravan go through. I have had worse Wednesdays.
Lockdown refugee
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:16 pm WTching YouTube videos…

I have the same monitor I think, and it can go portrait in the same way (obviously). Never seen anyone rogue enough to actually do it though, until now!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Trinity765 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:30 pm Sat in Laruns, drinking vodka watching the Tour de France caravan go through. I have had worse Wednesdays.
That's right. Rub it in, why don't dontcha?

Slobbing it while some of us are working our bollox off :(
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:38 pm
Taipan wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:16 pm WTching YouTube videos…

I have the same monitor I think, and it can go portrait in the same way (obviously). Never seen anyone rogue enough to actually do it though, until now!
I digitise rare books so I need a portrait view on my 2nd monitor for QC.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Was getting the lawnmower out of the shed-of-plenty and spied my leccy bike languishing at the back. I’ve been meaning to get back into cycling as part of physio for me knee, so I dug it out! Then spent some time finding the key and charger which we’re in a box marked "bike charger and keys" which I’d moved out of the way several times whilst searching! :roll:

Anyway, put the key in and it’s fully charged! Will give it a run later on to see if it’s okay, it should be though as it’s brand new and I only rode it a couple of times! Those bastard car drivers better keep out of my way!! :angry-cussingblack:

636mick

Post by 636mick »

Thought the leccy bike would be in the camper, useful for getting about the site on and stuff.
Mick
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

636mick wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:20 am Thought the leccy bike would be in the camper, useful for getting about the site on and stuff.
Mick
That was the intention and the reason I sold my fixed frame one for this foldable one. But we tend to take the dogs with us now so have never used this for its intended purpose. The wife has a folding leccy bike too and I think i'm going to recommission them both and check they fit in the camper storage as last time we went away with the dogs, we were confined to barracks as it was too hot to take the dogs out, so I'm thinking leave the dogs with my Son and then we can take the bikes and whizz around town! :thumbup:
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

After a very hot ride on a very hot bike I can't complain about finding this beautiful cave to kick back until the ferry in morning. Flip Flop in there for authenticity.

Lockdown refugee