What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
wull

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by wull »

Blootered a badger! The little bastard. Somehow managed to rip half of the wheel arch liner off, fog light mount is broke, some damage to the bumper, need to have a proper look but I’ll be able to pick up the bits off eBay and have it back to normal.

Skub

Post by Skub »

Pah. Probably breaking the speed limit again,badger botherer.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I hit a badger on the route nationale out here in a minibus a few years ago - it ripped out the wheel arch cover and the bottom engine cover thingy :o

Bloody badgers - why the heck he couldn't cross the road somewhere sensible, but no, waited for the only vehicle on the dual carriageway :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
wull

Post by wull »

Skub wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:44 pm Pah. Probably breaking the speed limit again,badger botherer.
Nah not in the car, I’m one of those boring cunts that try and get as many mpg as possible.
Skub

Post by Skub »

wull wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:14 pm
Skub wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:44 pm Pah. Probably breaking the speed limit again,badger botherer.
Nah not in the car, I’m one of those boring cunts that try and get as many mpg as possible.
I kinda have to do that,or the noise from the passenger seat reaches an unendurable point. "SLOW.DOWN.YOUR.NOT.ON.THE.BIKE brake brake brake"
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Sworn lots! :angry-cussingblack:

Woke up early doors to find the power had tripped, bit of circuit isolating to find it was the boiler circuit causing the RCD to trip. Quick trip to the boiler room to find water on the floor seemingly coming form the condensate drain - quick strip, clean and refit plus a few added prayers! No luck, leak appears to be coming from the heat exchanger - fuckity fuck fuck! New boiler time at approx £3.5k!
Add that to the fact that our BTL house boiler also went last month and cost £2.5k, sons car spectacularly failed it's MOT yesterday, some cnut opening their car door in to our car hard enough to dent it yesterday its fair to say I'm pissed off :D
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Up early (before 7am is early in my books), dog out for a walk. Back home, coffee and breakfast for the wife at 9am, she is staying in bed as very unwell with the lurgy, bordering on ManFlu symptoms at this rate)... Work on sermon for tomorrow's evening service, then walked dog again for another hour or so. Back home to do lunch. Back to the church to do the cleaning and then home for a coffee and to let dog into garden for a wee.

Pizza and beer tonight I think, garlic bread as well and ice-cream for dessert. Should tick the right boxes.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Noggin wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:48 pm I hit a badger on the route nationale out here in a minibus a few years ago
I hit a badger with my fist last summer.

T'was when we were camping. First night heard a lot of snuffling around the tent, was half asleep at the time so thought I imagined it.

Second night came back. The tent had little zipped mesh windows all around the bottom.....yep there's a badger having a good old nose about :D

Obviously sniffed itself some food, so it started to have a dig/push around the edge of the tent. Hard enough it's making a proper "dent" in the fabric. I know they've got big ol' teeth* and baby D is here with us, so I just gave it a smack/punch through the tent. Made the weirdest "surprised badger" cough/bark and fucked off never to be heard from again.

Shoulda used a shovel :(

**Britains largest carnevore as every pub quizzer knows!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

If you'd like to come and have a go at the one that's been digging up everything in my garden (bloody thing must have a JCB), be my guest.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:06 pm If you'd like to come and have a go at the one that's been digging up everything in my garden (bloody thing must have a JCB), be my guest.
Bring your own Ford Mondeo?
dern

Post by dern »

Mot’d my daughters car yesterday and cleaned it ready to advertise it. Stuck a speculative for sale sign in it just in the off chance and sold it an hour later. Always a market for cheap little cars I guess.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

For the first time in my life, that I can recall, I heard a sonic boom!! RAF typhoons scrambled to intercept an aircraft, realised what it was and had a look on flight radar, saw 2 aircraft which then disappeared. Seems it was heard in Leics, Northants and Oxon, possibly other places too.
I thought it was the neighbours slamming their front door!!
Mick
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Bought some new carpets then persuaded the wife to go look at cars.

Decided I still don't like most Audi's interiors, especially the A7... but the way the satnag screen popped out was cool.

The C class coupe is nice, but I can't help comparing it to my SL, which just feels a lot more special (which it should, when new it probably cost twice as much as a c lass).

Had a look at a 530e, but it was all unloved at the back of the lot and needed a good clean inside and out, which put me off.

It doesn't help that I don't really know what I want... except a shiney new (to me) car.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 pm Bought some new carpets then persuaded the wife to go look at cars.

Decided I still don't like most Audi's interiors, especially the A7... but the way the satnag screen popped out was cool.

The C class coupe is nice, but I can't help comparing it to my SL, which just feels a lot more special (which it should, when new it probably cost twice as much as a c lass).

Had a look at a 530e, but it was all unloved at the back of the lot and needed a good clean inside and out, which put me off.

It doesn't help that I don't really know what I want... except a shiney new (to me) car.
I suspect what Sir wants/needs is an 'S' Class Coupé. Sir is, obvs, a discerning driver. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:30 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 pm Bought some new carpets then persuaded the wife to go look at cars.

I suspect what Sir wants/needs is an 'S' Class Coupé. Sir is, obvs, a discerning driver. :thumbup:
They're a bit over budget, I also could really do with 40+ mpg on my commute so ideally diesel (which is why I don't use the SL and have been relegated to the Ovlov).. I like the look of the later E class coupes, but there's not that many about to go look at.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

I heard the cool kids favour the Arteon. That said, the 530d was a very nice drive and averaged low 40s mpg during my stewardship.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:55 pm

I heard the cool kids favour the Arteon. That said, the 530d was a very nice drive and averaged low 40s mpg during my stewardship.
Really?

<crosses Maserati Ghibli off list and replaces it with Arteon>
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:07 pm
MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:55 pm

Really?

<crosses Maserati Ghibli off list and replaces it with Arteon>
Maseratis are the choice of ageing anoraks and nonces.

The cool kids like a Veedub. 8-)

I did look at the Maserati but by all accounts it was worse than a Five Series. And Charlie next door has one.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Helped roomie strap her bike to the back of the ST & then she headed off down the hill to the beach. Then saw a traffic alert & managed to call at the exact moment she arrived at the scene of a 5 vehicle pile up owing to a wrong way driver on the freeway that had happened about 2 minutes before.

11-79…NB14 at Escondido Cyn Rd…white Toyota Tacoma traveling SB in NB lanes…head on collision…multiple vehicles involved…two vehicles overturned…CHP and FD enroute code 3
UPDATE: 5 vehicles involved…BC22 requesting a 2nd engine, 2 squad and 2nd ambulance
UPDATE 2: black Dodge Challenger, red Ford Fusion and beige Chevy Cruz involved…all NB lanes blocked
UPDATE 3: (9:39am) SIGAlert issued…all lanes blocked until further notice
UPDATE 4: E81 requesting a 3rd ambulance
UPDATE 5: (9:55am) BC22 reports 2 critical patients, 2 patients with minor injuries…still working to extricate one trapped patient
UPDATE 6: hard closure in place NB14…taking vehicles off at Escondido Cyn Rd
UPDATE 7: one critical patient enroute to AVH, 2nd critical patient enroute to Henry Mayo
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:21 pm
Maseratis are the choice of ageing anoraks and nonces.

The cool kids like a Veedub. 8-)

I did look at the Maserati but by all accounts it was worse than a Five Series. And Charlie next door has one.
Maserati's were the #1 choice by wimmins for "sexiest sounding car"