What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Dodgy69

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Dodgy69 »

Today I washed both bikes with my new magic cleaner and it seems good stuff. It's another spray on, leave a minute, rinse off. Bikes weren't very dirty though, but first impressions are good. 👍

Took the rack off the mt and it looks a beauty again, so have decided it's staying. No need for a sporty bike, the mt is sporty enough. It's got the up and down qs for the track, it's actually got everything I want, so along with the great white armchair, its place in the garage is safe. 🙂👍

Was starting to get fed up of looking for an alternative bike, there's plenty of shit about, where as the mt was bought new. Secondhand prices do seem steep and in many ways I would of been downgrading, so the decision was made. Saved searches deleted, classified ad deleted.

Thank fcuk for that. 😁

Pics.

Yamaha rocket 3
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Walked the dog first thing. FluJab at the GP this morning. Wife to town for a haircut and a bit of shopping. Home to walk the dog again - smelly dog found shit to roll in... urgghhh. Home for her to have a bath. I had a short siesta, result of jab? Prepared prayer for Remembrance Sunday service tomorrow morning. Will think about something for dinner now.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:21 pm Fairly sure I've got my first points in nearly twenty years - extended a trip to the fuel station as the weather was so nice and stupidly sailed into a mobile camera trap at an indicated forty.

The guy was excited enough to pan after me to get the number plate so I'm assuming I'm done for.
Reading another thread about licence endorsements has just made me realise that I may well have got away with this after all. Doubles all round.
Skub

Post by Skub »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:30 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:21 pm Fairly sure I've got my first points in nearly twenty years - extended a trip to the fuel station as the weather was so nice and stupidly sailed into a mobile camera trap at an indicated forty.

The guy was excited enough to pan after me to get the number plate so I'm assuming I'm done for.
Reading another thread about licence endorsements has just made me realise that I may well have got away with this after all. Doubles all round.
Did it make you behave yourself for a couple of weeks,while praying to the gods of velocity for intervention?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Skub wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:39 pm Did it make you behave yourself for a couple of weeks,while praying to the gods of velocity for intervention?
Honestly, I forgot about after a few days but, in my defence, I was hardly coming off a roundabout crossed-up whilst passing a primary school cycle proficiency class at the time - I always usually behave especially well in 30s and under.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've had the miseries for the last few days. So, despite the dry and sunny(ish) weather I've stayed in the nocatsit home and done stuff. Nothing I 'should' have been doing but it felt good (cross stitching christmas cards!)

Anyway, needed to get some eggs and part of a prescription that wasn't available when I went in two days ago, so I got all brave and got my mates bike out!!

Damn it's so so top heavy to manouver and the ground outside the shed isn't very flat so I'm always nervous of it on the side stand!! But hell it was a good little play to town and back :D :D

Almost a shame I'm going home on Monday!! LOL But if it isn't freezing Monday morning, I might use it to go to the job centre for the 9.20 appointment!! LOL (Only to tell them I am signing off as I start work on Tuesday, but also to ask if/when I'll get any money from them - otherwise the next three ish week are going to be a challenge!! LOL) - It's not far, and I doubt it'll be freezing - if it was early, the road will be clear as it's the main road into the valley :D :D And it'll save fuel in the car too :D :D

Since, I've made a dinner that doesn't seem to agree with me, watched Strictly and finished another card :D

Roll on the morning - riding with a couple of friends :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Death

Not me, of course

Actually, no one person specifically

It was the most cheery part of Day 1 of my first responder training: how to recognise when someone is dead and implications of (decisions on do/don't start CPR, dealing with family, etc).
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Well it was yesterday, but I picked the new (to me) car. M4 was shut between junction 4 and 5, so sneaked up the m40 to drop down to Reading. Same idea as the other 1/4 million people who were doing the same! D'oh! JLR delaer said they were diverting people through Slough, so going back, I did that. That's over an hour of my life I wont see again! :roll:

Anyway, if you're going to be stuck in traffic you might as well be somewhere comfortable and comfortable I was with my heated massage seats! :thumbup: Got low on fuel and down to a 25 mile range so had to pay too much in South Mimms services, but even with the low full light on it only took 91 liters.

Anyway, after the 90 mile trip home I picked up the wife and my Sister and we went to my Daughters which is a 70 mile round trip. Coming home it was dark and very foggy. Fooked if I know what kind of sorcery was happening with the headlights but it was an impressive light show! :shock:

Anyway, everything seemed to work as it should do and I'm really pleased with it! :thumbup:

Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Sorted out a day to go to a place that probably uses more live ammunition than anywhere else in the country + a place (which used to be the biggest of the kind in...the...world) where many residents will have arrived there thanks to the use of live ammunition. :( Both used to have a rail link to that London.

Answers on a postcard...
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Is it also served by tiny trains?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:53 am Well it was yesterday, but I picked the new (to me) car. M4 was shut between junction 4 and 5, so sneaked up the m40 to drop down to Reading. Same idea as the other 1/4 million people who were doing the same! D'oh! JLR delaer said they were diverting people through Slough, so going back, I did that. That's over an hour of my life I wont see again! :roll:

Anyway, if you're going to be stuck in traffic you might as well be somewhere comfortable and comfortable I was with my heated massage seats! :thumbup: Got low on fuel and down to a 25 mile range so had to pay too much in South Mimms services, but even with the low full light on it only took 91 liters.

Anyway, after the 90 mile trip home I picked up the wife and my Sister and we went to my Daughters which is a 70 mile round trip. Coming home it was dark and very foggy. Fooked if I know what kind of sorcery was happening with the headlights but it was an impressive light show! :shock:

Anyway, everything seemed to work as it should do and I'm really pleased with it! :thumbup:

I'm envious.
Yesterday it got me looking at the LR website and doing a spec for a new Range Rover, I'm not bothered about a lot of fancy gadgets and a petrol P400 HSE came out at £125k. I'm tempted to put a deposit down, it looks like wait time is 9-12 months and from what I can see if I'd have bought one a year ago I'd have been able to drive it for 12 months and then sell it for more than I paid - like my 911 basically.
I wonder if prices will hold.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:33 am Is it also served by tiny trains?
Tiny? Human sized, but one of the two places had a station for Anglicans and one for non-conformists. :D The Bishop of London also complained about a certain type of passenger having to travel together even if they were 1st, 2nd or 3rd class.

The other one is run by a very American sounding bunch.
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Potter wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:02 pm
Taipan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:53 am Well it was yesterday, but I picked the new (to me) car. M4 was shut between junction 4 and 5, so sneaked up the m40 to drop down to Reading. Same idea as the other 1/4 million people who were doing the same! D'oh! JLR delaer said they were diverting people through Slough, so going back, I did that. That's over an hour of my life I wont see again! :roll:

I'm envious.
Yesterday it got me looking at the LR website and doing a spec for a new Range Rover, I'm not bothered about a lot of fancy gadgets and a petrol P400 HSE came out at £125k. I'm tempted to put a deposit down, it looks like wait time is 9-12 months and from what I can see if I'd have bought one a year ago I'd have been able to drive it for 12 months and then sell it for more than I paid - like my 911 basically.
I wonder if prices will hold.
The dealer told me they were struggling to get used defenders and things were pretty buoyant overall. I struggled to get any sort of deal and only managed to £250 off list snd on top of mine.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've been out on old Sensible today (my mates, CBF1000 - he calls it Sensible!)

Damn if that wasn't fun. Second time I've ridden with others in years, and the first time was mostly the same road and back in the summer!!

We met in Bourg and rode up to Tignes, sat in the sun for a couple of coffees (which they topped up with a couple of beers :o) and then rode back down

I led the way up, they took turns on the way down

The girl I made the plans with is someone I've met a few times over the years but the last couple of times we've talked bikes. Damn she's way more confident/quicker than she led me to believe! :D :D We were both on friends bikes and the 3rd was a mate of hers who was on his GS1200.

LOTS of fun :D : D I had to laugh as she was wearing my kit! Well, the kit I've not worn for YEARS (due to it not fitting!) and my spare lid! :lol: I am determined I'm going to get into the trews as they do look good on (camo pink road proof jeans :D )! LOL

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I led a Remembrance Service. Had over 100 people present, several ex Service Members with their medals. What an honour to remember those who served us in the past, those who service us now and those who are living with the troubles of having served in places of conflict.

My prayer of blessing was that we should remember the cost of freedom, that our service men and woman would be able to lay aside the dark memories of the burdens of service at the foot of the Cross and in the Light of Christ find peace and hope for the future.

God have mercy upon us and restore to us the joy of His Salvation.

Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Wore my new t shirt today which is a bit ironic as the one thing I can't do is rev to the limit until it's run in. 100 miles to go, minus 20 to the dealers so will pop out for a coffee next weekend we're done :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Lockdown refugee
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Trinity765 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:38 pm Wore my new t shirt today which is a bit ironic as the one thing I can't do is rev to the limit until it's run in. 100 miles to go, minus 20 to the dealers so will pop out for a coffee next weekend we're done :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I'll await the influx of new members
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

weeksy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:39 pm
Trinity765 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:38 pm Wore my new t shirt today which is a bit ironic as the one thing I can't do is rev to the limit until it's run in. 100 miles to go, minus 20 to the dealers so will pop out for a coffee next weekend we're done :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I stuck my chest out all around Box Hill, Loomies and Whiteways - anymore and I'd have to charge.
Lockdown refugee
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Trinity765 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:41 pm

I stuck my chest out all around Box Hill, Loomies and Whiteways - anymore and I'd have to charge.
Ooh! I think I may have seen you! Were you riding with a group? (Pen poised over I-spy book.... :lol: ).

(I know there's a few groups still out on a Sunday but that colour isn't that common. :thumbup: )
Voltaire
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:46 pm
Trinity765 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:41 pm

Ooh! I think I may have seen you! Were you riding with a group? (Pen poised over I-spy book.... :lol: ).

(I know there's a few groups still out on a Sunday but that colour isn't that common. :thumbup: )
Yes, but I left them at Loomies and headed to Whiteways. Where were you?
Lockdown refugee