What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Pirahna

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Pirahna »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:00 am Tested positive for 'rona!
I've a positive test this morning and well. Headache yesterday and overnight which paracetamol is keeping under control, otherwise it feels like a heavy cold.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Pirahna wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:10 am
I've a positive test this morning and well. Headache yesterday and overnight which paracetamol is keeping under control, otherwise it feels like a heavy cold.
Same, bit of a headache and sniffles. Hopefully clear for Saturday as have tickets for the RLWC England vs Samoa game!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:36 am
Same, bit of a headache and sniffles. Hopefully clear for Saturday as have tickets for the RLWC England vs Samoa game!
I read that as samosa :D

Had a belter last night ;)
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Yorick wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:13 am
v8-powered wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:36 am

I read that as samosa :D

Had a belter last night ;)
Wouldn't mind some Samosa's about now!
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Very soggy dog walk, dogs, despite being washed when I got home now stink of drains......
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Today I had a toasted cheese and bacon sandwich. It was fooking epic and I really should have them more often and I recommend them to all! :D Also on the food theme, I made a chicken, bacon and leak pie. I wont know if that's epic until this evening, but if I was a betting man! 8-)

I really need to go back to work! :hmmm:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:45 pm Today I had a toasted cheese and bacon sandwich. It was fooking epic and I really should have them more often and I recommend them to all! :D Also on the food theme, I made a chicken, bacon and leak pie. I wont know if that's epic until this evening, but if I was a betting man! 8-)

I really need to go back to work! :hmmm:
Eeuwww!

Reminds me of the old 'woman who cooks meat and peas in same pot, very unhygienic'. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I got up REALLY late today. I spent monday afternoon/early evening all almost all of yesterday prepping and cooking :D Had some friends round to the nocatsit house last night and I cooked chinese :D But damn, the standing up all day chopping and cooking in a strange kitchen made my knee (and feet and back) ache quite a lot and all the cooking hurt my arm :( But bloody hell we had an awesome night :D :D So So good to be able to invite friends for dinner. I can't do it at my place, so I can't cook for friends :( I do like to take advantage of house sit places to be able to cook for my friends :D

We had - Duck Chow Mein, Char Sui Pork Chow Mein, Beef Broccoli and Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce, BBQ Ribs, Beef Satay, Spring Rolls and some (rather over cooked) Prawn Toast :D :D (There were 8 of us!!)

One of the girls did the egg fried rice and one of the guys brought salt and pepper chips :D :D. And for pud someone brought some Chocolate 'Tiffin'!!

We mostly cleared up last night but when I eventually surfaced this morning, there was a fair amount of washing up still to do!! LOL

And then I realised, I hadn't set Bake Off to record :( :( Dammit. Got to wait till Sunday to watch the replay and see how they managed the patisserie!! :D :D

It's raining today. So I'm staying here and just chilling. Might do some cross stitch or cut some fabric ready to sew stuff. Or, might just go up to the sitting room and turn the heater on and curl up on the sofa! :lol:

Leftover chinese for tea tonight!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Morning walk with hound. Visited Spiritual Director and had a lovely chat. Then visited two people to help them out with various things.

Home to check daughter was okay. Then back to Church to do bonfire and sparklers for the little children's group. Back home, collected dog, went to fetch wife then another walk with the dog. Back home, then worked on sermon, back out with daughter in the evening and took dog so she could have a final run around while daughter did the cleaning job. Back home, time for a quick review on books I need for my next assignment, ordered them, all second hand, so big savings.

Time for bed now. Rather tired and I have another long day tomorrow, Remembrance Day! 11am on the 11th Month. 2 minutes silence.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had yet another Sky Q box replaced. :roll: Horrible, unreliable system and I much preferred is predecessor.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Taipan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:20 pm Had yet another Sky Q box replaced. :roll: Horrible, unreliable system and I much preferred is predecessor.
Although the previous generation sky boxes all looked the same, there were at least three different manufacturers including Amstrad and Samsung, some boxes were better than others and you'd have no idea who made yours without a guide to the subtle differences. People used to keep sending Amstrad ones back until they received a Samsung one (or vice-versa, I forget).

I wonder is the Q boxes are the same?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:28 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:20 pm Had yet another Sky Q box replaced. :roll: Horrible, unreliable system and I much preferred is predecessor.
Although the previous generation sky boxes all looked the same, there were at least three different manufacturers including Amstrad and Samsung, some boxes were better than others and you'd have no idea who made yours without a guide to the subtle differences. People used to keep sending Amstrad ones back until they received a Samsung one (or vice-versa, I forget).

I wonder is the Q boxes are the same?
Good point. On the forums it seems there are a lot of them with the freeing/fan coming in problem and some say its different batches of the box, but that does rather suggest it could be different manufacturers?
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Still testing positive for the bastard 'rona!

Means I'm not going to be able to go to the rugby tomorrow, pissed off is an understatement!
Skub

Post by Skub »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:17 pm Still testing positive for the bastard 'rona!

Means I'm not going to be able to go to the rugby tomorrow, pissed off is an understatement!
BIL has it again. He's had it about half a dozen times now ffs.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:17 pm Still testing positive for the bastard 'rona!

Well, most have had the jab, you'll be outside and, if you're nice, you could wear a mask.

Your call, but I'd be tempted to go as long as I felt ok.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Skub

Post by Skub »

They are as cranky as hell. If ours gives much more grief I'm gonna go the firestick route. The minibox has endless issues.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Well, most have had the jab, you'll be outside and, if you're nice, you could wear a mask.

To be honest I would but supposed to going with my lad who doesn't live with me and there are train service alterations, so would mean sharing a car with him. If he gets it then likelihood his uni friends will as well - not fair on them.
He's asking around his other rugby friends so hopefully one of them will take my ticket and go with him
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:27 pm
gremlin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:22 pm

To be honest I would but supposed to going with my lad who doesn't live with me and there are train service alterations, so would mean sharing a car with him. If he gets it then likelihood his uni friends will as well - not fair on them.
He's asking around his other rugby friends so hopefully one of them will take my ticket and go with him
Meh. Kids are expendable. ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I'd go if it were me.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

We're still on the same Q box since they were launched :obscene-birdiedoublered: