What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

My pal runs Enduro tours and makes a nice living. He often borrows my bikes and we have a set price for doing so. His idea.
He had 3 customers today and in first 15 mins, his WR450 got a puncture so called me to borrow my Beta Xtrainer.

No probs.

An hour later he called to day the Beta had a puncture.

So he came and took the Husky

I was waiting for another call to borrow the GSXR :obscene-birdiedoublered:

He's now got a boot of wheels to take to local shop tmrw.

He's very fluent in Spanish and gonna ask the shop for prices for a new Gas Gas. I've bought 2 bikes from there and they treat me well
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jo.Hab wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:42 am I got physio first thing in the morning with yet another new therapist!! My normal valley-based physiotherapist has left because he's embarking on a course to become a piste security guard this winter. So happy for him, however I despise working with physios that are unfamiliar to me!! They must be trained!! And this one is more difficult since he doesn't speak English very well, so new physio and the first session in French since I returned from rehab!! We made it. And he's not scared to do harm, which is a plus (a lot of people in rehab seem hesitant to cause harm!! It's sometimes important to feel better) Then I went home to gather some things for when I go back to my friend's apartment.
I didn't pack everything, but I got halfway there (I'm going to their place for 4 weeks!! So it's worth carrying sewing machines, projects, the exercise ball, and other physio stuff.
On the way to mine, a buddy up there offered me to lunch with another friend, which was convenient. On the way home, I stopped to get some coffee. I usually get coffee at home as I have (link deleted). They had salted caramel coffee in the school kitchen; I couldn't find it, but I'm going to taste caramel coffee! Only because the residence I'm staying at till Thursday has a Nespresso machine.
Ummm @weeksy - Is it usual for someone to copy another member's post as their own? Kinda weird??

I was going to ask why you'd changed my name, but you didn't!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today I'm mostly knackered!! Went to Lyon yesterday to meet a friend who had a day's layover there. She said there is a bit of walking from her hotel to the basillica, then to lunch, on to the Yamaha dealer in town and back to the hotel via the cat cafe

Bloody hell - 11 kms with a couple of injuries was a bit of a challenge and I'm serious achy today!!

Need to sort out some photos as I had no idea just how huge Lyon is or how amazing the architecture is!

Awesome day. Well, the dealer didn't have the bike I wanted to see. The cat cafe needed to be prebooke. But I laughed more yesterday than I have for ages. Brilliant to meet someone with a similar brain who can be daft as a brush but (relatively) sensible too

Off to physio in a mo - got to try and disguise the leg and back aches as I just can't deal with sorting that in french as well as the shoulder!! LOL

Will go through photos later. They aren't good photos at all, but damn Lyon is stunning :wub:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:44 am
Jo.Hab wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:42 am I got physio first thing in the morning with yet another new therapist!! My normal valley-based physiotherapist has left because he's embarking on a course to become a piste security guard this winter. So happy for him, however I despise working with physios that are unfamiliar to me!! They must be trained!! And this one is more difficult since he doesn't speak English very well, so new physio and the first session in French since I returned from rehab!! We made it. And he's not scared to do harm, which is a plus (a lot of people in rehab seem hesitant to cause harm!! It's sometimes important to feel better) Then I went home to gather some things for when I go back to my friend's apartment.
I didn't pack everything, but I got halfway there (I'm going to their place for 4 weeks!! So it's worth carrying sewing machines, projects, the exercise ball, and other physio stuff.
On the way to mine, a buddy up there offered me to lunch with another friend, which was convenient. On the way home, I stopped to get some coffee. I usually get coffee at home (link deleted) They had salted caramel coffee in the school kitchen; I couldn't find it, but I'm going to taste caramel coffee! Only because the residence I'm staying at till Thursday has a Nespresso machine.
Ummm @weeksy - Is it usual for someone to copy another member's post as their own? Kinda weird??

I was going to ask why you'd changed my name, but you didn't!!
Post deleted. Poster likely to be.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Decided to have a look at the 'Chief Twit' thread.

Fuck me, it's like watching really pissed people trying to argue with each other at closing time. Only less funny.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:33 pm Decided to have a look at the 'Chief Twit' thread.

Fuck me, it's like watching really pissed people trying to argue with each other at closing time. Only less funny.
I lasted about 5 seconds. Pitiful.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:34 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:33 pm Decided to have a look at the 'Chief Twit' thread.

I lasted about 5 seconds. Pitiful.
I do wonder how people can put so much effort into rehashing the same biased diatribe and arguing the toss with someone else who has rehashed their diatribe. I'd rather piss into a strong wind as it would be a more useful spend of my time.

Glad it ain't cluttering up the GM section.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

The irony of that thread is they are arguing about social media on social media.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

We have a windscreen at long last!
€2k lighter but mobile again.
We can use all that Andorran diesel I bought in May now!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went to physio this afternoon. Apart from that I've mostly sat by a heater and cross stitched of computered!! LOL Tried having a bath to help the sore muscles this morning, but, the damn bath is tiny! Think it helped my leg muscles but not much else!! LOL

Heading home tomorrow for the day to sort some stuff out and get some stuff to do some cooking here :D :D Got a Chinese Takeaway night planned with friends next week :D :bblonde:
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I went to my first Badge Night with South Street Bonfire Society, a warm up for November 5th :P

Lockdown refugee
Horse

Post by Horse »

Interview for Community First Responder this evening.

I think it went ok - taken sizes for uniform and booked onto training :thumbup:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Just got back from seeing Aussie Pink Floyd. Not a massive Floyd fan, but the convicts put on a very good show...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Felix

Post by Felix »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:28 pm Just got back from seeing Aussie Pink Floyd. Not a massive Floyd fan, but the convicts put on a very good show...
I fancy that but looks like Edinburgh on the 26th is sold out what is a shame.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Felix wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:45 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:28 pm Just got back from seeing Aussie Pink Floyd. Not a massive Floyd fan, but the convicts put on a very good show...
I fancy that but looks like Edinburgh on the 26th is sold out what is a shame.
A mate of mine recommended it, and it's definitely worth seeing them if you can. They did a varied selection of pretty much all the various ages of Floyd, from See Emily Play through to the Division Bell, with a lot of the 70s/80s faves thrown in. And I felt positively young compared to some of the attendees... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Felix

Post by Felix »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:52 pm A mate of mine recommended it, and it's definitely worth seeing them if you can. They did a varied selection of pretty much all the various ages of Floyd, from See Emily Play through to the Division Bell, with a lot of the 70s/80s faves thrown in. And I felt positively young compared to some of the attendees... :D
Ill see later if the wife is up for it (FLOYD :D ) as they are doing Glasgow and Newcastle as well so might get tickets to one of them.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Each to there own. Bit like the cycling section, its not for me so i dont venture in.
Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:34 pm I lasted about 5 seconds. Pitiful.
Says the man who said "I only look into this section for a giggle" just a few days ago. Pitiful?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Horse wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:57 pm Interview for Community First Responder this evening.

I think it went ok - taken sizes for uniform and booked onto training :thumbup:
Awesome! Which area?

I used to do that when I lived in Somerset :D A smidge annoying/frustrating and sometimes stressful, but very rewarding too :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I've heard good things about Aussie Pink Floyd.

I went to see Whole Lotta Led a few years ago, they were really impressive too. They even look like (most of) the members would look about now, if they were still touring.
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

Pegged the washing out. I know how to spoil a women