When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Wossname

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by Wossname »

Skub wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:26 am Just back from a 3 or 4 hour jaunt,it's a lovely day. The water is like glass. May go out again after lunch. 8-)

Ballycastle, with Fair Head in the background?
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Skub wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:53 pm Spent over 6 hours out on the bike today. I was ready to get off!

The Mid Antrim road races were being held today,so I decided to go mid afternoon. When I arrived at Clough village,the road was open and no racing. Around the back of the circuit I stopped and spoke with some of the club who were clearing up. Turns out the local paramilitaries decided no one was racing today and poured oil,threw nails and broken glass over the course,as a result it all had to be cancelled.

I felt so sorry for the boys who gave up their time and the money it cost to stage the event. It's a club that's never been blessed with too much cash.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/62861072
Unbelievable.

P.S. I'm from Cloughmills, 2 miles up the road. A long time ago.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Skub wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:53 pm Spent over 6 hours out on the bike today. I was ready to get off!

The Mid Antrim road races were being held today,so I decided to go mid afternoon. When I arrived at Clough village,the road was open and no racing. Around the back of the circuit I stopped and spoke with some of the club who were clearing up. Turns out the local paramilitaries decided no one was racing today and poured oil,threw nails and broken glass over the course,as a result it all had to be cancelled.

I felt so sorry for the boys who gave up their time and the money it cost to stage the event. It's a club that's never been blessed with too much cash.

That sucks so bad! I can't believe people still do that kind of shit - especially after the last couple of years of difficulties for so many. :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I keep forgetting to take a photo of the bike 'somewhere'!! TBF, riding has been a bit stressful the last couple of weeks but I think I've cracked the issue and today, whilst still a smidge stressful, much much more enjoyable :D :D :D :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:25 pm

That sucks so bad! I can't believe people still do that kind of shit - especially after the last couple of years of difficulties for so many. :angry-cussingblack:
Normally these nutters have a stupid reason.
In a way, hating lack of respect for the Queen is almost honourable. Almost.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:05 pm

Given that it isn't the first time it's happened, I somehow doubt that that is the reason this time - but a good excuse?
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Yorick wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:05 pm

I doubt two minutes' silence would have sufficed.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Outside my friend's shop in Bourg St Maurice. Aces ride down, not so happy back up (bike and me ok, others not so much :( :( )

Loving these sunny autumn days - although I do need to lose a handful of pounds to get into some warmer trews if I'm gonna keep riding when I'm cat sitting :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scuffmark

Post by Scuffmark »

Licence suspension over :bblonde:

Steady ride around some of the local backroads to get back into the swing of things .. 3 years plus and it's still a keeper 8-)

Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I've just got back from a trip to Mach. More pictures and words once I've had a good nights sleep :obscene-drinkingcheers:

ImageStreet Triple RS by Trinity 765
Image2022-09-17_06-11-13 by Trinity 765
Lockdown refugee
Skub

Post by Skub »

Trinity765 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:16 pm I've just got back from a trip to Mach. More pictures and words once I've had a good nights sleep :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Those headers look a bit suspect. :silent:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Skub wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:37 pm
Trinity765 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:16 pm I've just got back from a trip to Mach. More pictures and words once I've had a good nights sleep :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Those headers look a bit suspect. :silent:
Brown is the new chrome.
Lockdown refugee
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Went for an early morning spin round the local greenlanes that go up and down the North Downs, had a blast on the tiny pink one.

Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Back to Finchingfield to meet up with Mrs mate's husband and his now 103k mile KTM. Did a local loop the back to Finchingfield for a coffee and bacon bap. Good times 8-)

Scrubbed the Road 5s in but got some embarrassing chicken strips still but hopefully be good tomorrow. Was a bit chilly at 7.45 this morning, season's are definitely changing :thumbdown:

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The latest copy of ABR has an article about a bloke who's overlanding on a CB500X with some Rally Raid mods.

It's currently on 114k and the only issue has been a faulty headlamp!
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:45 pm The latest copy of ABR has an article about a bloke who's overlanding on a CB500X with some Rally Raid mods.

It's currently on 114k and the only issue has been a faulty headlamp!
I think the only thing I'd do with a CB500X is put wire wheels with Excel rims, just for the piece of mind that you're not going to have a wheel crack and collapse.
Honda Owner
Druid

Post by Druid »

I took advantage of the unexpected day off work, and the quiet roads to go for a ride around the Yorkshire moors. Stokesley to Helmsley, across to Kirby Moorside then turned left onto the moors and took random turns down "interesting" looking roads, mostly narrow and bumpy, some with grass growing down the middle. Just the sort of roads a Speed Triple was made for.

MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Went for a blat into Wales whilst the rest of the country were watching the telly. Had a gander a wee transmitting station that's not a million miles from me;

ImagePXL_20220919_103105009 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woofferto ... ng_station
dern

Post by dern »

Went for a wander to Wantage, Hungerford and the lanes today and ended up at Combe Gibbet.

E20C8021-5E01-4680-83BD-5E42222E2F46.jpeg
E20C8021-5E01-4680-83BD-5E42222E2F46.jpeg (286.39 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Scuffmark

Post by Scuffmark »

Quick runout around a few of Leicestershire's back roads to clear my head.