Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by weeksy »

All,

You should now have a 'signing on' email from PBTD.... get it all done ASAP to make their life easier please.
Dodgy69

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by Dodgy69 »

Chain be good mate, I've got a 30 yo disc lock somewhere aswel. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:42 am Chain be good mate, I've got a 30 yo disc lock somewhere aswel. 👍
If an Almax Series IV isn't a big enough chain then we've got issues boy :)
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Morning All

Had a weekend off had a little outing with 10 of us on the Harley's - to the International Bomber Command Center in Lincoln and then overnight in Cannock and the NMA yesterday. Despite the biblical weather forecast managed to miss the worst of the weather only hitting it on Newport last night. Piggin hot with all the waterproof on tho' - 533 miles in total.

To business - I've E mailed direct all the disclaimers / Signing On procedures this morning - please check your in boxes / spam and junk folder if you can't see it first thing.

If you have any questions please E mail ONLY - admin@philbevantrackdays.co.uk If you use text / on this thread / Whatt's App / FB etc your question will remain answered.

Cheers

Alan.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:22 am Looking forward to this mate... So what's the head count this year.?
Friday hotel eta.?
Got any good bike security.? and
How's Bigyin fixed.?

Good work. 👍
Thanks for asking mate.

Dad is showing progress at hospital so i am in for the weekend and will be riding down as normal on the Multistrada as i quite enjoy it.
As for security i will have a big lock and a disc lock in the top box just in case

In relation to fuel i see the gates will be locked all day at the event so i assume we wont be able to nip out at lunchtime to top up the fuel tanks on the road bikes so do we need to chip in for petrol to be brought along in weeksy's jerry can to share about or will we be able to nip out ??
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:38 pm
Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:22 am Looking forward to this mate... So what's the head count this year.?
Friday hotel eta.?
How's Bigyin fixed.?

Good work. 👍
Thanks for asking mate.

Dad is showing progress at hospital so i am in for the weekend and will be riding down as normal on the Multistrada as i quite enjoy it.
As for security i will have a big lock and a disc lock in the top box just in case

In relation to fuel i see the gates will be locked all day at the event so i assume we wont be able to nip out at lunchtime to top up the fuel tanks on the road bikes so do we need to chip in for petrol to be brought along in weeksy's jerry can to share about or will we be able to nip out ??
I'll chuck some extra cans in the van just in case, so we'll have plenty and you definitely won't need to go out during the day, unless you want to
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Tricky wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:41 pm
I'll chuck some extra cans in the van just in case, so we'll have plenty and you definitely won't need to go out during the day, unless you want to
That covers that then, cheers :thumbup:
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Hiya
If you want to nip out at lunchtime you can - between 12.30 and 1.30pm. Nearest petrol station is a mile and a half away.
ta

Alan
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Last day off today as training the next 2 days so had some time to sort out what i need

Leathers obviously instead of my usual textiles so had to dig out waterproofs i havent used in years. I always need a brew or 6 during the day so got my little camping gas stove out and the fold down chair which handily enough fits into the topbox along with some clothes for the weekend and the shorty screen (Tricky might want to try it for comparison as well on his big red couch).

2 locks for the bike, long one and disc lock

You lot with vans will have any tools i might need in addition to what i carry under the seat so apart from a couple bottles of water, a pot noodle for Saturday lunch and a sense of humour if it rains, what else have i missed as we have already covered fuel.

And yes i am looking forward to it :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:45 pm Last day off today as training the next 2 days so had some time to sort out what i need

Leathers obviously instead of my usual textiles so had to dig out waterproofs i havent used in years. I always need a brew or 6 during the day so got my little camping gas stove out and the fold down chair which handily enough fits into the topbox along with some clothes for the weekend and the shorty screen (Tricky might want to try it for comparison as well on his big red couch).

2 locks for the bike, long one and disc lock

You lot with vans will have any tools i might need in addition to what i carry under the seat so apart from a couple bottles of water, a pot noodle for Saturday lunch and a sense of humour if it rains, what else have i missed as we have already covered fuel.

And yes i am looking forward to it :thumbup:
Take chocolate and energy bars. It's hard work and a pot noodle won't give you energy.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

We'll do a supermarket sweep when everyone arrives mate, it's 2 mins to the Morrisons. I'll have a cold box to keep things nice. We can even throw a post track cool down beer in there!
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:49 pm
Take chocolate and energy bars. It's hard work and a pot noodle won't give you energy.
Not at the speed i will be going :D
weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:53 pm We'll do a supermarket sweep when everyone arrives mate, it's 2 mins to the Morrisons. I'll have a cold box to keep things nice. We can even throw a post track cool down beer in there!
Cheers Weeksy ..... was just thinking out loud in case i missed something stupidly obvious to amuse the rest of the class

Its out the pit lane then turn left isnt it ;)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:05 pm
Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:49 pm
Not at the speed i will be going :D
weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:53 pm We'll do a supermarket sweep when everyone arrives mate, it's 2 mins to the Morrisons. I'll have a cold box to keep things nice. We can even throw a post track cool down beer in there!
Cheers Weeksy ..... was just thinking out loud in case i missed something stupidly obvious to amuse the rest of the class

Its out the pit lane then turn left isnt it ;)
And you take the kink by pit lane exit (Woodlands) flat stick without shutting off :)
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

We don't all need to take a pump n gauge. I'll bring the suncream .👍
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm just hoping to still be alive.

I was planning the Friday and either i sit at home from 9:15am-1pm or i jump in the van with the Whyte G160 and hit Afan Forest or Bike Park Wales for a 2-3 hour ride :)

SO obviously i'm taking the sensible option and thrashing the MTB down the side of a mountain.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Mr Waze is telling me, 3.27 h and 133 miles, scenic route. ✔

Quickest 3.11 h and 142 miles, non scenic. ✖
Yamaha rocket 3
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Dodgy knees wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:15 pm We don't all need to take a pump n gauge. I'll bring the suncream .👍
Derek Badger not going?
Honda Owner
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 am
Friday hotel eta.?
How's Bigyin fixed.?

Good work. 👍
1. Me, Mrs Weeksy, Tricky, Mrs Tricky, Tomcat, You, Jazzy, Bigyin, GP, IanB, Doug (numbers are down due to PBTD running smaller groups due to Covid, along with people simply not booking for same reasons)
2. 4pm for me, about the same for GP.
3. You can stick bike in van overnight for the Fri, i'll bring a chain for the Sat if it helps.
4. Dunno, i'm sure he'll fill us in when he knows a bit more.
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Well, as long as Tricky brings the ZX6 and the key for it, i think i'm good to go.

I could do with giving the XSR900 wheels a bit of a wipe before loading up, but everything else is good to go !

Van being collected early doors tomorrow and hitting the road by 9:30-10am.
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm pretty much ready to roll. We're picking up a van for mine, IanB's and Doug's bikes in the morning at 10.30

We will probably hit the road before 1.00pm and then hopefully settle into the beers mid- late afternoon. With no tolls on the bridge and passing through Cardiff before rush hour it should only take 2.00hrs - 2.20 to get there.