Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by Yorick »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:16 pm Them welsh lot doing camping yet.??
Only with sheep :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by weeksy »

Honestly i have no idea at the moment sorry mate. I'll chat with Alan over the next week and see where we stand. As we have the hotel booked already i'm not exactly worried, but would be nice to be able to stay at track as that's always proper fun and laughs as you know.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Hotel nice...😴😴😴👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm
Honestly i have no idea at the moment sorry mate. I'll chat with Alan over the next week and see where we stand. As we have the hotel booked already i'm not exactly worried, but would be nice to be able to stay at track as that's always proper fun and laughs as you know.
Welsh Government updated their policy a couple of days ago and camping with shared facilities (toilets/shower blocks etc as long as social distancing can be kept) is now allowed but will depend on how the figures go by the time we travel. Bars and restaurants can only serve outdoors (Beefeater at the Premier Inn for example) but are serving indoors from the 3rd of August so should be sorted by the time we get there

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance
Alan PBTD

Post by Alan PBTD »

Bigyn

Pembrey have to now apply to Carmarthenshire County Council to for a permit extension for Camping as it's not an officially reconised Campsite and there ain't no official ''Caravan Club'' ;) Signs at the main entrance..I have asked for an update and am waiting for a reply.

Nothing further on the extra Novice and Inters place as of tonight.

ta
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Alan PBTD wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:59 pm Bigyn

Pembrey have to now apply to Carmarthenshire County Council to for a permit extension for Camping as it's not an officially reconised Campsite and there ain't no official ''Caravan Club'' ;) Signs at the main entrance..I have asked for an update and am waiting for a reply.

Nothing further on the extra Novice and Inters place as of tonight.

ta
Cheers for the update, i only saw the general advice from the welsh government so your more specific knowledge is appreciated mate and the additional crap you have to go through for the regulations must be a nightmare to "just another trackday" under normal circumstances

Either way we will all rock up, go and play and either sleep in tents in the paddock or a comfy bed in a hotel nearby ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:52 pm Either way we will all rock up, go and play and either sleep in tents in the paddock or a comfy bed in a hotel nearby ;)
Amen to that Yin :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Gutted I can't come. Even tho I couldn't have ridden I wanted to come over - I miss my bike family!!! But, I don't think I'd get permission to fly :roll: - well, I could, but I'd lose my place in rehab, so can't :(

Doesn't matter how much I'll be gutted not to make it, if I stay and they get my arm working again, I can come and ride next year!!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Just a week to go then, who's ready, who's not?

Who's excited and who's scared?

I'll have the big red gazebo for sun cover for us.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:04 pm Just a week to go then, who's ready, who's not?

Who's excited and who's scared?

I'll have the big red gazebo for sun cover for us.
Did you mean the gazebo for rain cover ?

Jealous? me ? nada .
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Power juice and chair....sorted. 🌞
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Bit of a situation for me has arisen as my dad has been taken into hospital up in Scotland with a suspected stroke but hasnt been confirmed yet and i "may" have to put my life on hold go home to help out which will write off any chance of me making it to Wales. :(

I wont know for a couple of days and accept that all monies will be lost but at least i will still be able to cancel hotel if it comes to it and get that back. I am keeping in touch and will hopefully have a decision by Tuesday at the latest all depending on how things develop and the auld fella progresses over the weekend. He is a stubborn and resilient individual so fingers crossed for good news from hospital over the next couple of days for his prognosis and recovery
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

GWS Bigyin Snr
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:18 pm Bit of a situation for me has arisen as my dad has been taken into hospital up in Scotland with a suspected stroke but hasnt been confirmed yet and i "may" have to put my life on hold go home to help out which will write off any chance of me making it to Wales. :(

I wont know for a couple of days and accept that all monies will be lost but at least i will still be able to cancel hotel if it comes to it and get that back. I am keeping in touch and will hopefully have a decision by Tuesday at the latest all depending on how things develop and the auld fella progresses over the weekend. He is a stubborn and resilient individual so fingers crossed for good news from hospital over the next couple of days for his prognosis and recovery
Totally understand mate, there's bigger things in the world than a trackday. If you can't make this and want to make another at Pembrey later in the year I'll make it happen.

Good luck big fella
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:39 pm
Totally understand mate, there's bigger things in the world than a trackday. If you can't make this and want to make another at Pembrey later in the year I'll make it happen.

Good luck big fella
Thank you Steve..... I am awaiting an update from a consultant who isnt in till tomorrow to get a better idea of whats going on :thumbup:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:39 pm
Bigyin wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:18 pm Bit of a situation for me has arisen as my dad has been taken into hospital up in Scotland with a suspected stroke but hasnt been confirmed yet and i "may" have to put my life on hold go home to help out which will write off any chance of me making it to Wales. :(

Good luck big fella
Yeah agreed- I have a bit of experience of this too- best of luck big man, hope to see you there , but if you can't, well, sometimes you just can't eh
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Jazzy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:46 pm I do have a favour to ask though Steve? Can you bring me a gallon or 2 of petrol please?

Cheers
You still needing fuel Jazzy ? I bought a 20L jerry can specially for it :) But just checking to see what you need matey.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tables booked for Fr and Sat at the hotel for food.

Was chatting with GP the other day and discussing Indian instead for the Sat. So we'll see what options we have for that regarding both Indian and also transport to/from and see where we go, but for now i'll leave the tables in place for Fri and Sat.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Looking forward to this mate... So what's the head count this year.?
Friday hotel eta.?
Got any good bike security.? and
How's Bigyin fixed.?

Good work. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:22 am Looking forward to this mate... So what's the head count this year.?
Friday hotel eta.?
Got any good bike security.? and
How's Bigyin fixed.?

Good work. 👍
1. Me, Mrs Weeksy, Tricky, Mrs Tricky, Tomcat, You, Jazzy, Bigyin, GP, IanB, Doug (numbers are down due to PBTD running smaller groups due to Covid, along with people simply not booking for same reasons)
2. 4pm for me, about the same for GP.
3. You can stick bike in van overnight for the Fri, i'll bring a chain for the Sat if it helps.
4. Dunno, i'm sure he'll fill us in when he knows a bit more.