WSB, back soon, but how can it be BACK again ?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Cousin Jack

Re: WSB, back soon, but how can it be BACK again ?

Post by Cousin Jack »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:38 pm In some ways it would be absolutely brilliant to see something like an Aprilia Tuono V4, 1290 Superduke, Z1000SX, Speed Triple (whatever the big one is), MT-10, all going hammer and tongs at it around Cadwell in a Naked WSN series... that would be EPIC !
I think it would be great if they could have a REAL 'stock' series. No mods except safety ones, completely bog standard, no blueprinting, nothing. And road tyres.

It would make for interesting races.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

There's no such thing as a stock series :)

Even in Thundersport 500 the top riders will buy four of five CB500 engines, take them to bits and measure every part, using the closest to tolerance bits to build one good engine... it's not officially blueprinting, but as good as.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:00 am There's no such thing as a stock series :)

Even in Thundersport 500 the top riders will buy four of five CB500 engines, take them to bits and measure every part, using the closest to tolerance bits to build one good engine... it's not officially blueprinting, but as good as.
Yamaha are advertising for competent engine builders.
G.P

Post by G.P »

dallas95 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:45 am This years wsb will be good just because Redding is in it. IMO he's become a special rider. He's always been fast but now he really thinks his way through the races. Watching him yesterday was the sign for the rest of the season. I think Johnny Rea will up his game and give Scott some competition but ultimately come up short, and I like Lowes but don't think he can get the better of Redding or Rea.
Moto gp next year for Redding after winning wsb championship.
I think Redding has done a lot of growing up over the last couple of years but it won't be easy to get back into the MotoGP paddock - nobody offered him a deal since he left and there's plenty of jockeys in Moto2 and 3 who are coming through. I Would love to see him win WSBK though :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:00 pm
dallas95 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:45 am This years wsb will be good just because Redding is in it. IMO he's become a special rider. He's always been fast but now he really thinks his way through the races. Watching him yesterday was the sign for the rest of the season. I think Johnny Rea will up his game and give Scott some competition but ultimately come up short, and I like Lowes but don't think he can get the better of Redding or Rea.
I think Redding has done a lot of growing up over the last couple of years but it won't be easy to get back into the MotoGP paddock - nobody offered him a deal since he left and there's plenty of jockeys in Moto2 and 3 who are coming through. I Would love to see him win WSBK though :)
Winning this year is far from unthinkable based upon how it's going up to now
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

G.P wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:00 pm
I reluctantly agree with that.
But if he wins it this year, the big red team may give him MotoGP wild cards if the new rules are watered down at the end of the season. Or slip him into Avintia team and boot out Rabat. Or they may want him to retain his title.
But his wages will go up either way :)