WSB Magny Cours

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Couchy

Re: WSB Magny Cours

Post by Couchy »

Kawasaki and Rea miserable unsporting twats.

I guess any friendliness between Rea and Toprak is gone, can’t wait for next round and I’m now a Toprak fan 😁
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:49 am
Wull wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:11 am Part of his tyre is probably still on the white line, crazy to think they reached that conclusion and penalty from this……….why is that even green ffs?
The problem is, it IS green though, whether we think it should be or not. Toprak knew it was and clearly JR knew it was too.

In some ways, this isn't about what's right or wrong in the eyes of the rules.... but it's certainly a lot about the riders themselves and their mindsets as people that we're seeing.

However this is a big money sport and a big prize for winning it, you'd also imagine JR is feeling a bit put out by the fact that not only is Toprak beating him in the title race, but he's being discussed for a MotoGP ride more than JR is... hence feeling like he is and picking up on this. That doesn't mean i agree with it, but i can see how it would happen.
And that pretty much hits the spot....... almost ;)

It WAS green, Toprak went onto it, Rea spotted it and used it to his advantage. The rulebook is always there and people who use it get slated for calling it. I watched the race and didnt spot it and was surprised when i heard about it later.

A couple of years ago a Rally raid racer from the UK, Lyndon Poskitt, spotted an illegal rear tyre being used by a counterpart on a "no assistance" stage of an event where the illegal tyre gave a huge advantage. His opponent won the stage by a lot and when Lyndon mentioned it to race organisers he was slated as a "grass" rather than the Italian rider who breached the rules and cheated to win the stage and try and win the overall event.

Rightly or wrongly Toprak hit the green and video evidence proved it. He strikes me as the type to not lose sleep over it and if anything it will motivate him further. He has already crossed swords with Redding over the hard overtakes at Navarro and laughed it off so i would think this would be the same . The rev reduction to the Kawasaki has hurt it a lot and it works better on some tracks than others now instead of everywhere so will be interesting to see how it goes on as Yamaha seem to have made a step up.

I have no doubt however it has cock all to do with Toprak being touted for a MotoGP ride as JR knows that ship has long sailed for him due to age as he is well past the "bring him over to this paddock" stage in his career.
wull

Post by wull »

He’s having a laugh about it……..hope he pisses all over JR now though.