WSB Magny Cours

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

WSB Magny Cours

Post by weeksy »

So it's WSB again this weekend and with a hot title race with Toprak and Johnny being matched at the top on 311 points and Scotty back on 273 still well and truly in the battle of course.

With the swapping of riders now announced it'll be interesint to see how it all goes.

Rea pips van der Mark in frantic damp-but-drying WorldSBK FP1 in France

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2021/R ... n%20France

All of the Championship contenders are right in the mix, although there could be a couple of names interfering throughout the weekend…

The 2021 MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship’s eighth round of the season got underway at the Motul French Round and the Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours, and with the circuit wet-but-drying, only a few riders headed out to the circuit at the start. However, as it dried further, more riders ventured out, making for a busy final third of the session, with many riders heading to the circuit on slick tyres. With the track drying quickly in the closing stages, it was Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) who led the way ahead of Michael van der Mark (BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team).

In the early stages of the session, it was the Honda pairing of Alvaro Bautista (Team HRC) and teammate Leon Haslam who got some wet weather running in, along with Kohta Nozane (GRT Yamaha WorldSBK Team) and Tito Rabat (Barni Racing Team) also joining them on circuit. With wet and intermediate tyres used, the pace was slow but nonetheless, times did improve in the drying conditions.

Scott Redding (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati) blinked first to use the slick tyres and get down to the times in the final quarter of an hour, and he was setting fastest lap after fastest lap throughout the final ten minutes of the session. However, it was a frenetic closing stages as Jonathan Rea surged to the top, pipping Michael van der Mark to top slot as both riders set their best laps on their final lap of the session. Alex Lowes (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) was up inside the top three in third, ahead of Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha with Brixx WorldSBK), who was leading until a final flurry of action. Scott Redding completed the top five, fractionally more than half a second behind.
Skub

Re: WSB Magny Cours

Post by Skub »

The usual suspects at the top after Friday practice.

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2021/R ... 5&jb=24008

1. Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha with Brixx WorldSBK) 1’37.138s

2. Scott Redding (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati) +0.208s

3. Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK) +0.288s

4. Chaz Davies (Team GoEleven) +0.334s

5. Leon Haslam (Team HRC) +0.407s

6. Tom Sykes (BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team) +0.469s
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

Scott Redding isn't making it easy for himself,is he?

It's shaping up as a two horse race. I suppose that's marginally better entertainment than a one horse race!
Walt Whitman
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Skub wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:09 pm Scott Redding isn't making it easy for himself,is he?

It's shaping up as a two horse race. I suppose that's marginally better entertainment than a one horse race!
Yeah it didn't work for him at all today.

The Toprak/Rea battle is great, but I'm also enjoying seeing Locatelli playing with the big boys, it won't be long until he's consistently battling them.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Wow, what a last half a lap of the SP race!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:18 am Wow, what a last half a lap of the SP race!
Proper hardcore. Great win from Toprak again.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I was trying not to post a spoiler :p
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:56 am I was trying not to post a spoiler :p
Spoilers in thread titles are a no.

Spoilers in a thread dedicated to the subject are fine.
Skub

Post by Skub »

The Saturday 300 race was epic,once again. Folk who skip that series are missing some serious entertainment.
Walt Whitman
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Skub

Post by Skub »

The sprint race. :shock: Feckin' brilliant.

Race two was damn good as well.

They've really cut the balls off the new 10R by limiting it's revs,it's noticeably slower than both the Ducati and now the Yamaha. Rea is riding the wheels off that thing just to be in with a chance.

Redding seems well downhearted.

Micky VDM had one lucky escape,but he didn't even want to talk about that. I wonder how much BMW appreciate him comparing his bike to bringing a knife to a gunfight? :lol:
Walt Whitman
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Just watching the SSP300 and they've announced that Topcat has been demoted a place for exceeding track limits in the last race!
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

SP300 best race again
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Tophats exceeding track limits is a complete pisstake, its got to be less than an inch and Rea gets by him anyway.

For Kawasaki to complain about it shows just how scared they are of Topgun. I just hope it wasn't Rea's idea.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I detest the way technology has allowed the rules have become nitpicking. Both Toprak and JR put on a great show and both seemed to relish the battle. That should be good enough.

As much as I am a fanboi of the Kawasaki product,that reflects poorly on them with regard to sportsmanship,however maybe it's a poke back at the organisers for disallowing the rev increase on the 2021 bike.

A poor show anyway.
Walt Whitman
wull

Post by wull »

Absolutely ridiculous, not only is more of the tyre on the white line but what does he gain from that? Absolutely fuck all!

Is it true that Kawasaki protested? If so then they’re absolute bellends and for the powers that be to succumb to their whinging is piss poor, they better not start ruining a fantastic season by doing shite like that.
wull

Post by wull »

Skub wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:40 pm The sprint race. :shock: Feckin' brilliant.

Race two was damn good as well.

They've really cut the balls off the new 10R by limiting it's revs,it's noticeably slower than both the Ducati and now the Yamaha. Rea is riding the wheels off that thing just to be in with a chance.

Redding seems well downhearted.

Micky VDM had one lucky escape,but he didn't even want to talk about that. I wonder how much BMW appreciate him comparing his bike to bringing a knife to a gunfight? :lol:
I’m not convinced it’s lacking anything in comparison to the Yamaha’s. To put it bluntly Toprak is a better rider than JR in this moment and time and his riding style causes Rea to exceed his own limits and comfort zone.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I'd imagine it was race direction,rather than a Kawasaki complaint,but I can't find any more news yet.
Walt Whitman
wull

Post by wull »

I wonder is that maybe what JR was so animated about in parc ferme and possibly what he was saying to Pere Riba? He’s not usually in a discussion like that after the race in that way, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Totally fucks me off. Stoprak for the win, hope he wins the championship because it’s about time JR gets dethroned.
wull

Post by wull »

Just seen a video on Instagram which confirms my suspicions. That’s exactly what JR was doing when he waved Pere Riba over to tell him about Toprak exceeding track limits (apparently) and finishes off with saying “check with Guim”……….it beggars belief.

Toprak commented on the post with laughing faces lol!