BSB Donington - late on parade, again!!

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Noggin

BSB Donington - late on parade, again!!

Post by Noggin »

I've just watched the highlights from BSB Donington - was the Irvine/Brookes incident worthy of a disqualification and the extra stuff because it caused a crash or because it was a bad move despite the crash?

Sure I've seen stuff like that before (even in the previous races that weekend) so it seems like a seriously harsh penalty? (loss of points as well and starting at the back at the next race)?

I know it was a fast crash and could have had a far worse ending, but it looked similar to lots of other moves I've seen at this level??

Just interested in what you guys that 'know' think??

https://www.britishsuperbike.com/news/a ... rk-opener/

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: BSB Donington - late on parade, again!!

Post by weeksy »

FOr me it was a terrible move and worthy of a penalty. I don't see any world in where the overtake was going to end in anything but disaster.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Many slow or medium speed crashes can be passed off as racing incidents.
But all racers know that you don't bugger about at 140 round Hollywood. I thought Brookes was a goner.

And Andrew Irwin is getting known for being reckless. He did same at Snet this weekend.

He'll become a target himself.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I did see some of the Snetterton stuff after I posted. And watching the Donington weekend again I realised Irwin had done some overtakes before the one I questioned that had raised surprise from the commentators. Other thing was that I really hadn't picked up just how fast they were going

Thanx guys. First racing I've watched in years so haven't tuned into it properly :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

The mighty GSXR1000 won all 3 litre bike races today :)