NBT - Yamaha FZ8

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Ben17484

NBT - Yamaha FZ8

Post by Ben17484 »

As some of you may have seen on a thread a couple of days ago, I was looking in to getting rid of my CBR929RR to get something more practical for my commuting duties but still a bit of fun. I was looked at Fazer 8s as I’d had a FZ8 before and liked it, so thought a FZ8 with a bit more fairing would do the job nicely.

6 hours after starting a thread about looking at a Fazer 8 from SBF and my FireBlade shot it’s wheel bearings and was out of action until I can get it fixed. It should be a fairly quick and easy fix, but given it broke down 100 miles from my house near my parents house, I left it in my dads workshop and was on the look for a quick replacement as we can’t be without two forms of transport in my house.

30 miles down the road from my parents was a FZ8 with a Givi Rack already installed. It wasn’t a the Fazer 8, but close enough. I went to look at it and it was in mint condition, so I bought it.
B17A743B-0280-464D-B24D-92F65042A2DA.jpeg
B17A743B-0280-464D-B24D-92F65042A2DA.jpeg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 153 times
It’d been lowered by the previous owner, so i need to raise it back up, but other than that it’s great. I’ve done about 150 miles on it already and really like it. Like I mentioned, I’ve had one before so knew I was going to like it. This bike has an aftermarket exhaust thought which is very nice. The standard exhaust doesn’t sound great.

As you’d expect, it’s noticeably slower than the FireBlade (and the S1000R I had before it), but that’s probably a good thing. I never got close to the limits of the faster bikes. For something that’ll spend 70% of the time in town and B roads, and 30% dual carriage ways and motorways, i think it’ll suit me well.

I need to get a top box for it so I can stop using the tail bag, and maybe change the mirrors and I’m done.

I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like it.
Count Steer

Re: NBT - Yamaha FZ8

Post by Count Steer »

"I know they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but I really like it".

Nothing else matters. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

Looks a minter.

Your good health to enjoy. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Always thought they looked really nice, along with the FZ1. And it's plenty of performance for the road. It really is in good condition too, well done.