"laid up" Insurance

Anything you like about motorbikes
G.P

"laid up" Insurance

Post by G.P »

Anyone got laid up insurance? I had cover from Footman James some years ago for my 2 Ducati 900 project bikes but let it lapse.
I was arranging insurance on another bike this morning with BeMoto and got a quote for £75 each fire & theft.

ISTR paying way less than that 5 years ago, but I've probably doubled the value of the cover...
I'd ring Footman James but it always takes an age going throuugh all the twaddle so thought I'd gauge it with you guys first.

TIA
Tomcat

Re: "laid up" Insurance

Post by Tomcat »

Last time I had it was with CN but they've changed of late, not what they used to be. Typical insurance costs tend to be about 3% of insured value IIRC.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I suspect they have all been hammered by drivers and bikers taking vehicles off the road this year.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I previously had FJ "storage and restoration" insurance, the only reason it's gone is because I now have riding insurance with them instead.

2 classic Triumphs and a 98 CBR with a total insured value of a bit under 20k were £150pa.